Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scutarx, a new aetosaur from New Mexico

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Linnaeus

Many people would disagree with me, but I find Scutarx very cute.

A pleasant vegetarian, who did no harm to anyone. Considering his stance...the hind legs higher than the front ones...I'd say that his ancestors would have been bipedal.

Have we any evidence for the forebears of the aetosaurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Their ancestors have yet to be identified but they would've been something similar to Revueltosaurus or Turfanosaurus

Revueltosaurus-flesh-and-bone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Linnaeus

What's the name of the charming, pudgy little fellow munching on a plant? Is that Revueltosaurus or Turfanosaurus?

I suspect that, ancestral to these creatures, there was a lighter-weight biped. Do you know of any possible candidates for this role?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

That would be Revueltosaurus.

I'd say their ancestors were probably similar to Euparkeria which is thought to have been a facultative biped.

euparkeria-skeleton-and-silhouette.png

Advertisement