Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report of FCP Meeting Minutes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

downrange wrote: »

It happened the day busloads of extras were brought to Naas to raise their hands in the air in a hypnotic trance.

Care to back that up with a little hard evidence ?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Are many others unhappy that the NASRPC committee ignored the wishes of the people at the AGM? I know I am.

It was made clear at the AGM, Martin Hayes was to remain on the FCP and the committee removed him barely 3 weeks after the AGM.

Who made this decision to ignore the wishes of those at the AGM?

Would that be sort of the same as the previous committee being told to rejoin the SC at the Hilltop meeting and not doing so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

gunny123 wrote: »
    Would that be sort of the same as the previous committee being told to rejoin the SC at the Hilltop meeting and not doing so ?

Bit of a difference between the AGM and a meeting in Hilltop.

And to follow your logic, if it was wrong then, it's just as wrong now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

You mean like the husband and wife who said they were not members of any club but told to go to it and half an hour later were members of Munster target

Bit of a difference between the AGM and a meeting in Hilltop.

Not in the final outcome there's not.

• Advertisement

homerhop wrote: »
    You mean like the husband and wife who said they were not members of any club but told to go to it and half an hour later were members of Munster target

If they became members of a club, so what ? They are members of a nasrpc affiliated club, and so entitled to vote.

The meeting in hilltop was an information meeting, the same as the one held in Harbour House.
    The agm is an official meeting where minutes are taken and elections/voting takes place....a slight difference I would say

The meeting in hilltop was an information meeting, the same as the one held in Harbour House.
    The agm is an official meeting where minutes are taken and elections/voting takes place....a slight difference I would say

If they became members of a club, so what ? They are members of a nasrpc affiliated club, and so entitled to vote.

Comedy gold

The committee were told to do something and didn't do it, Its exactly the same thing being whined about on this thread.

• Advertisement

Comedy gold

If they weren't entitled to vote, why didn't the committee point that out and refuse them entrance to the agm ?

The committee were told to do something and didn't do it, Its exactly the same thing being whined about on this thread.

Far from whinging, The agm was an official meeting the one in hilltop was not, the committee had no mandate to agree to anything at it.

And if you think the committee were wrong after Hilltop, do you think they were wrong after the AGM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 downrange

badaj0z wrote: »
    You guys are a hoot, you really are.Did you know that the SC is really controlled by aliens? Did you know that these aliens are also secretly controlled by meta aliens? It is all a plot and it is so unfair that you lost the vote. It would be so lovely to go back to how things were before the democratic plague infected shooters.

What's a meta alien ? :eek:

And if you think the committee were wrong after Hilltop, do you think they were wrong after the AGM?

If thats what actually happened, then of course.

So what do you think happened at the AGM? Were the committee told that the floor wanted Martin Hayes to remain as the FCP rep?

So what do you think happened at the AGM? Were the committee told that the floor wanted Martin Hayes to remain as the FCP rep?

Has anyone asked Martin Hayes what happened ? All i have seen is the statement on the nasrpc website. Maybe Martin left of his own volition.

Gunny you were at the agm, when an individual ( I know the man but not sure what way this thread is about naming names is atm) came back into the room and said he had called Martin who said he would be happy to stay on as the NASRPC rep on the fcp. The new chairman put it to the floor and it was agreed on by the members.
    Now there are a few people posting here who all say the same, all from clubs around the country. We all can't be wrong

Gunny you were at the agm, when an individual ( I know the man but not sure what way this thread is about naming names is atm) came back into the room and said he had called Martin who said he would be happy to stay on as the NASRPC rep on the fcp. The new chairman put it to the floor and it was agreed on by the members.
    Now there are a few people posting here who all say the same, all from clubs around the country. We all can't be wrong

Yes, but he is entitled to have second thoughts also, or have all sorts of other reasons for feeling he couldn't continue in that role. It would be nice to hear it straight from the horses mouth, what actually happened.

You guys are a hoot, you really are.Did you know that the SC is really controlled by aliens? Did you know that these aliens are also secretly controlled by meta aliens? It is all a plot and it is so unfair that you lost the vote. It would be so lovely to go back to how things were before the democratic plague infected shooters.

It's ok we can always bus in a load next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭SVI40

What I saw at the AGM, was the majority of the persons present were not happy with the outgoing committee. Yes, they did fantastic work over the years, but on the day they were voted out.

Even on the day, they were unsure how many clubs were affiliated, and who those clubs were.

My takings from the AGM was a new committee, who will accept membership from all clubs, even if they are late paying, and will be transparent to all. The Chairman committed to giving the conference call number, where meetings may take place, via conference, to anyone who wishes to listen in / attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 downrange

FACT #1
    Martin Hayes was removed from the FCP by the NASRPC committee last week, just a few days after the FCP meeting on 28th January.

FACT #2
    At the AGM the new committee agreed to retain Martin on the FCP and this was overwhelmingly supported by the floor (note that by that time the blow-ins with ink still wet membership letters from MTSC had all left, their job being done).

FACT #3
    This decision now puts the new committee in the same box that they placed the old committee in, i.e. they made a major decision without consulting with the members.

FACT #4
    Yes a majority vote (99-88) elected the new Chairman and the new prearranged committee followed. However, the majority was made up of people with MTSC membership letters who we never saw before and who don't know one end of a gallery rifle from the other. Now that they are all gone back under their stones, the majority of competitive target shooters (gallery, benchrest or pistol) do not support the new committee and are disgusted at the removal of Martin from the FCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Roundpack

SVI40 wrote: »
    What I saw at the AGM, was the majority of the persons present were not happy with the outgoing committee. Yes, they did fantastic work over the years, but on the day they were voted out.

Even on the day, they were unsure how many clubs were affiliated, and who those clubs were.

My takings from the AGM was a new committee, who will accept membership from all clubs, even if they are late paying, and will be transparent to all. The Chairman committed to giving the conference call number, where meetings may take place, via conference, to anyone who wishes to listen in / attend.

Factually incorrect, the old committee members were not voted out, they did not stand for election.

After all the shouting about how important the constitution was, its really dissapointing to see the new regime ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Has anyone asked Martin Hayes what happened ? All i have seen is the statement on the nasrpc website. Maybe Martin left of his own volition.

No Martin did not leave of his own accord. Martin and Declan got a phone call to say they had been removed from the FCP panel.

I got that from the horses mouth so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Believe me Martin did not leave of his own accord. The Nasrpc were told by Des to get rid of him and no I don't have evidence but it's obvious to all but a few that he was thrown off of the panel because Crofton couldn't control him. Now getting back to the bus loads of hired help that went to the AGM. I was sitting directly behind the new assistant secretary and the 10 or 12 people and can tell you that they were no more shooters than the sh!t on my shoe every time a vote was passed they were looking at him waiting to be told which way to vote. Democracy is a great thing if it's fair and it's not rigged all because some people had personal grudge against some on the committee. Now as far as I can see they have succeeded in destroying the Nasrpc.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Evidence, were you not there yourself, I have been a competitive shooter for almost 10 years and I go to comps and I didn't recognize over 50% of the people there.

That's the truth

That's the truth, I brought up this issue and another well known Gallery shooter confirmed this after a phone call to Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

It's ok we can always bus in a load next year

What makes you think that? I think you will find that you will be wrong but you can work that out for yourself as part of your conspiracy theory.

Downrange, in answer to your question, a meta alien is a sort of superior alien who sits above the lower aliens in the alien ascendancy. You can get meta squared aliens too but this depends on how paranoid you are.

• Advertisement

What makes you think that? I think you will find that you will be wrong but you can work that out for yourself as part of your conspiracy theory.

Downrange, in answer to your question, a meta alien is a sort of superior alien who sits above the lower aliens in the alien ascendancy. You can get meta squared aliens too but this depends on how paranoid you are.

Conspiracy theories!!! You were very vocal here about the conspiracy theories of solo runs by a former member of the committee. You were not as mouthy at the meeting when the new chairman stood up and said he knew of all the meetings that this person had,

Advertisement