Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report of FCP Meeting Minutes

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

I am sure BillBen when you travelled to MTSC shooting grounds last year you felt welcome there.
    Not like the unwelcome feeling. MTSC members got a the resent AGM.
    And one other thing the majority of shooters did not agree with leaving the sports coalition but did agree to giving the top table of the NASARPC the BOOT, good reddens.
    As for Martin H he is only shooting a wet week and lacks the experience needed to serve or represent any shooter on the FCP.

Experience -Martin H.
    He is the most technically qualified shooter of the whole panel. A chief Range safety officer, IN PRACTICE, not on paper who has run all types of lines in national and international competitions. Is an excellent coach, got some great tips from him only a couple of weeks ago. In addition he is a trustworthy individual of the utmost integrity.

You will be reaching into your pocket, now to pay for some training course if not now then at some time in the future to pay for some scheme that the cohorts have dreamed up. Yes rejoin the SC - SURE THATS THE PLAN ALL ALONG. - a bad plan. (Have your say if you don't agree)

This is a business to some people, but not to Martin H. Who had no interest in any money making enterprise through shooting. His successor charged people to do courses in the past which should have been free of charge if he was that generous. But was not.
    I understand its not a charity, but its not a business for individuals to profit by.

Granted our new training and development officer at the AGM said he would provide training free of charge in the future, but you are judged by your past in this world, not on what you propose to do in the future.

Mod note - post deleted

I think that statement above speaks for itself, Its false
    Clearly you don't know me. For those who do, a big laugh would not be beyond you right now.

I like to compete in all types of Gallery rifle and pistol competitions nationally and internationally. In fact along with a few others I have competed in the most diverse types of Gallery shooting that there is.

Believe me there is a lot out there. (Mainly UK)

Cant say im any good at it but I like to compete.

Its a great sport and I highly recommend you take part in it as often as possible

I think benchrest is a great sport, but I don't practice it myself. But I try and practice everything else. Time permitting and more practice is needed I tell you.

Gallery competitions are great as even if you have a physical disability you can compete in very successfully as some have in recent years.

But get out there and compete, that's what its all about. Its the only way to test and improve your skills, its not done in front of a screen but there are some tips on youtube I can recommend ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Mod note - post deleted

Wow - what a whole load of drivle. Not even worth my energy replying but I will. Grow the heck up. It's stupid comments like this that bring our sport into disrepair.

Looking forward to seeing you on OUR benchrest line where no doubt you'll put in a 250/250 with 25 x's on your 2 cards.

It's an open invitation. I'll even let you have the best rifles and gear, you can even sit down!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Trigerguard

LB6 wrote: »
    Wow - what a whole load of drivle. Not even worth my energy replying but I will. Grow the heck up. It's stupid comments like this that bring our sport into disrepair.

Looking forward to seeing you on OUR benchrest line where no doubt you'll put in a 250/250 with 25 x's on your 2 cards.

It's an open invitation. I'll even let you have the best rifles and gear, you can even sit down!

No thanks LB6 I rather stand at the pistol line shoot at a pistol target with a pistol with out a scope and maybe get a straight 300 in T&P like many other pistol shooters I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

No thanks LB6 I rather stand at the pistol line shoot at a pistol target with a pistol with out a scope and maybe get a straight 300 in T&P like many other pistol shooters I know.

You know many pistol shooters who are able to get 300 with a pistol in T&P?

Where are they? Care to name any of them? I've never seen it done.

It's hard enough to do it with a scoped rifle, let alone an unscoped pistol.

I do suspect you are talking bull crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

MOD: This dick measuring contest over whose discipline is harder or more worthy has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of the thread. Cut it out now. Further posts on that line will be deleted and warnings or infractions issued. Stick to the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Mod: I've just deleted two more posts. That's it. No more talking about scores or competitions or disciplines unless directly related to the report on the FCP meeting. Otherwise it's irrelevant. If you want to compare your disciplines or talk scores, do it on the range or in a separate thread and get away from the adversarial bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

Scalachi wrote: »
    Voting Procedures at Annual General Meetings
    On each motion duly submitted to an Annual General Meeting, each member of an affiliated Club shall be entitled to vote.

The decision on the motion shall be by simple majority of those affiliated members present.

Looks like there may be a contradiction in terms in that extract you posted. See above. There is a difference between

" each member of an affiliated Club"
    and
    "affiliated members"

I do not have a copy of the version of the constitution you are working from but my understanding is that only clubs can be affiliated members?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

badaj0z wrote: »
    Looks like there may be a contradiction in terms in that extract you posted. See above. There is a difference between

and
    "affiliated members"

I do not have a copy of the version of the constitution you are working from but my understanding is that only clubs can be affiliated members?

I would read "affiliated members" as members of a club, where that culb is affiliated to the NASRPC

clivej wrote: »
    I would read "affiliated members" as members of a club, where that culb is affiliated to the NASRPC

From the constitution

"Membership of the NASRPC shall be open to Target Shooting Clubs"

"The NASRPC allow any Corporate or Professional groups or companies or individuals to seek Associate Non Voting membership of the NASRPC"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

Better re run the last few AGM meeting then, especially the most recent one, as they must be invalid as all club members were allowed to vote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Trigerguard

badaj0z wrote: »

and
    "affiliated members"

Badajoz you would have a better chance of getting to the gold at the end of a rainbow than pinning down the constitution he works of.

Scalachi wrote: »
    Better re run the last few AGM meeting then, especially the most recent one, as they must be invalid as all club members were allowed to vote :)

Good idea, we will go back to when only clubs could vote at EGMs and AGMs and clubs were asked to pay subscriptions on receipt of an invoice

Funny how things change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

jb88 wrote: »
    Funny how things change.

That was a quick change :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Feck what did I miss???? your whole post is gone!

Advertisement