Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Shop

Options
  • 04-02-2016 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Was there or is there any mens clothing shops in Greystones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tesco has a small selection of men's clothes, that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Was there (is there still) not a formal menswear shop in the Meridian ? Under Chakra?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

eigrod wrote: »
    Was there (is there still) not a formal menswear shop in the Meridian ? Under Chakra?

Definitely not one there now any way.
    Was it a "Black Tie"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

neckedit wrote: »
    Definitely not one there now any way.
    Was it a "Black Tie"?

A quick GOOGLE throws up "Patrick James Menswear Unit 9 Meridian Point Greystones"

http://www.cylex.ie/company/patrick+james+menswear-11167107.html

May well be closed now, I'm not honestly sure.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

eigrod wrote: »
    May well be closed now, I'm not honestly sure.

Closed years ago.
    A pity really.

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    Closed years ago.
    A pity really.

I thought there was something there before. Does any one know if they closed down or moved premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

Jeez no wonder it closed down, people still not sure if it's still there!? Its been gone for about 5 years or more.
    Is S. Ferns still open? :)

Jeez no wonder it closed down, people still not sure if it's still there!? Its been gone for about 5 years or more.

Wow...... has it been that long!?
    I moved here a few months ago and I have a vague memory of being in a clothes shop here a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Aww how we miss Sam Ferns' clothes shop, pity it is Summerville's coffee shop now. lol:D:p

The jewellers moved into the clothes shop unit, they were in the unit that is now concepts.

• Advertisement

Was it a very expensive shop?

neckedit wrote: »
    Was it a very expensive shop?

It was more a slacks and shirts type of place so it was a bit pricy. You wouldn't be getting a ol hoodie in there

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

I reckon its time we got another mens clothing shop. its all boutiques, hair salons and cafes at the moment

Couldn't see one making any profit these days. 99.9% of people head to the big stores for clothes. Buying a shirt for a wedding once every 3 years isn't going to sustain a business. I reckon all the boutiques are mostly hobbies to the owners and aren't the primary source of income for them.... I could be totally wrong about that..... But I can't see how there is enough money being made to be at all profitable.
    Pretty sure we'll never see an independent men's clothing shop in Greystones ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Yeah, maybe you're right, would be nice if there was somewhere local for a pair of jeans and a jumper though.

Couldn't see one making any profit these days. 99.9% of people head to the big stores for clothes. Buying a shirt for a wedding once every 3 years isn't going to sustain a business. I reckon all the boutiques are mostly hobbies to the owners and aren't the primary source of income for them.... I could be totally wrong about that..... But I can't see how there is enough money being made to be at all profitable.
    Pretty sure we'll never see an independent men's clothing shop in Greystones ever again

I wasn't really talking of formal wear, More casual stuff. Was the Patrick James store independent? Not the American franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

There was one around where Mrs Robinson's is now, about 18 years ago- sold men's casual stuff. That would have been EXACTLY what you're looking for!

damian139 wrote: »
    There was one around where Mrs Robinson's is now, about 18 years ago- sold men's casual stuff. That would have been EXACTLY what you're looking for!
    I don't recall that. Mrs Robinson's was hills garage, there used to be klasse clothing shop beside that... Was that not for women? Never went in!
    Hammer headz was the only casual wear place I can remember, it was in butlers pantry unit. Closed 9-10 years ago. Boardroom have good selection of tshirts and hoodies but is obviously skate orientated.
    Never knew there was a Patrick James brand, no idea if the one in meridian was a franchise of theirs or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

It was tiny, kind of ' around the back and up steps', probably before hills was knocked. Early to mid 1990s ( last time i took an interest in clothes :-) )Sold Roxy quiksilver and animal kinda brands. Was only there a couple of years. The mans shop in the meridian was more formal, I bought a suit there cos I was sorry for your man endlessly folding and refolding garments, even though they hadn't been disturbed!

damian139 wrote: »
    It was tiny, kind of ' around the back and up steps', probably before hills was knocked. Early to mid 1990s ( last time i took an interest in clothes :-) )Sold Roxy quiksilver and animal kinda brands. Was only there a couple of years. The mans shop in the meridian was more formal, I bought a suit there cos I was sorry for your man endlessly folding and refolding garments, even though they hadn't been disturbed!

Ha ha, yeah he did fold a lot of clothes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

and yet no one asks the OP why they are querying if there is a men's shop in the Meridian...

and yet no one asks the OP why they are querying if there is a men's shop in the Meridian...

The OP didn't Query was there any mens shops in Meridan...... I asked was there a Mens Shop in Greystones. No real mystery really........

Advertisement