Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester Marathon April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Great to hear folks..can't believe my training has gone so well!! am waiting to fall down the stairs or something!!! Anyone else feel really antsy...can't sit still??? not a nice feeling:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭gosh123

Great to hear folks..can't believe my training has gone so well!! am waiting to fall down the stairs or something!!! Anyone else feel really antsy...can't sit still??? not a nice feeling:eek:

I'm the opposite actually tired this week tapering starts Friday say il be like u next week alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

gosh123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the information. My heart stopped a bit when u said u missed ur sub 3 by 37 seconds have u gone on to break it since.
    My mind drifts into dreaming of a 2 55 or better sub 3hrs wil be my main aim and pacing it right

Haven't raced one since. Hopefully this year .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Just one more workout left (I delayed mine until tomorrow because the wind outside just doesn't make for good conditions running marathon pace today) and then it's lazy going bonkers taper time.

Hoping for a sub-3.

Just one more workout left (I delayed mine until tomorrow because the wind outside just doesn't make for good conditions running marathon pace today) and then it's lazy going bonkers taper time.

Hoping for a sub-3.

Il probably be in around u first couple of miles same aim as u good luck

• Advertisement

From the website:
    Unauthorised sale or transfer of your race entry / race number to another person is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification and / or banning of any involved individuals from future events

<mod>We do have a charter. Do not offer or ask for a number swap if they're not allowed!</mod>

Hope ye all well folks....I was buzzing last 2 weeks..rearing to go..full of beans but since yesterday, I just feel drained, lethargic...anyone else the same?? Nerves really getting to me too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Hope ye all well folks....I was buzzing last 2 weeks..rearing to go..full of beans but since yesterday, I just feel drained, lethargic...anyone else the same?? Nerves really getting to me too

I presume you're tapering Runningbuddy? I wouldn't be too worried about feeling drained at this stage, it wouldn't be uncommon for your body to react to the easier few days. There are loads of articles online but tiredeness during tapering is pretty common, don't worry too much about it - you've a week to go yet!

If your plan has a few easy runs for this week, my bet is that you'll feel the energy levels return to normal

Duanington wrote: »
    I presume you're tapering Runningbuddy? I wouldn't be too worried about feeling drained at this stage, it wouldn't be uncommon for your body to react to the easier few days. There are loads of articles online but tiredeness during tapering is pretty common, don't worry too much about it - you've a week to go yet!

If your plan has a few easy runs for this week, my bet is that you'll feel the energy levels return to normal

I'm tapering Duanington...did 10 yesterday, which is on the plan and that's basically it. Was raring to go last week...now I'm knackered!! Hope you are feeling good and all set:D

I'm tapering Duanington...did 10 yesterday, which is on the plan and that's basically it. Was raring to go last week...now I'm knackered!! Hope you are feeling good and all set:D

Sorry, I should have added that I'm not doing Manchester ! Don't worry about being knackered at this stage , perfectly normal in my experience

• Advertisement

Try getting a few early nights ul soon be fine I was the same last week that done the trick for me

Duanington wrote: »
    Sorry, I should have added that I'm not doing Manchester ! Don't worry about being knackered at this stage , perfectly normal in my experience

Ah okay dianignton...but thanks....still edgy...but will try to rest xx

Is it too early to post a weather forecast? :D

382364.jpg

Perfect! I'll take that!

Is it too early to post a weather forecast? :D

382364.jpg

Perfect! I'll take that!

I looked up the weather yesterday I'm the same ha ha looks good for racing though hopefully stays that way

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

Good luck all, have a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Best of luck to all running this weekend.
    Don't forget to take advantage of the opportunity to p*ss on the gates of Old Trafford :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

I think the water during the Marathon is still given in the pouches - I'd advise to take one early (when you dont need it) to figure out how to get them open.
    When you do need one later in the race - take 2 - as some of them dont open or burst all over you.

Good Irish pub: http://www.mulligansofdeansgate.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I think the water during the Marathon is still given in the pouches - I'd advise to take one early (when you dont need it) to figure out how to get them open.
    When you do need one later in the race - take 2 - as some of them dont open or burst all over you.

Good Irish pub: http://www.mulligansofdeansgate.com/

Water in 330 ml sports cap bottles according to the website.

Good luck to all....am flying out soon..nervous as hell!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Best of luck tomorrow. Have a good one and ENJOY!!!

• Advertisement

Tracker link from here:

http://www.greatermanchestermarathon.com/

Although it isn't working for many people :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Thought it was just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Won't open at all for me but good live video footage of the leaders on main page

That tracker has to go down in history as the most sh1ght tracker ever in the history of trackers.

That tracker has to go down in history as the most sh1ght tracker ever in the history of trackers

Agreed!

Got the tracker going

Gosh123 through halfway in 1.29, 30k in 2.07 - looks to be on target

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Beep beep 2.02.20 @ 30k

Gosh123 home and dry in 2.59.14 - super stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Tfb
    3:01:02
    Well done Thomas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Beepbeep 2:55:51 - brilliant Dom :)

• Advertisement

Ososlo wrote: »
    Tfb
    3:01:02
    Well done Thomas!

Thank you. :) Having said that, my initial words after finishing were unprintable.

Had to battle cramps at the end and didn't realise that the sub-3 pacer, who caught me at 23 miles, was behind pace but the one and only reason why it wasn't a sub-3 today was that I ran too slowly.

Great race, though. :) I may well be back.

Advertisement