Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone - moving from Nokia C2-01

Options
  • 04-02-2016 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Despite a brand new Nokia battery, my C2-01 is no longer holding a charge for more than a day and it's time to move on, slightly reluctantly! I'm on a 48 plan for €10 a month and don't want to change from this.

What I need is:
    - a phone that is SIM free or easy/cheap to unlock
    - LONG battery life, not interested in charging every day/two days, which is what I have to do at the moment
    - a phone that will take picture messages (I've bought and returned a Lumia 635 and an Asha 501 in the last month as neither phone would send/receive picture messages)
    - Camera, nothing too fancy
    - Fairly small phone - found the Lumia was a bit on the large side but might have to accept that phones are just larger these days
    - Price wise, I'm probably not looking for anything over €150, don't use the phone enough to justify big money

I'm not bothered about it being a smart phone or touchscreen, just need to text, talk and picture message people without worrying about where the phone charger is!

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Both the Lumia 635 and Asha 501 support MMS (multi media picture messages) so it's probably a settings issue.

Did you check it was set up properly?
    http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-Settings/td-p/78

And if you send/receive a fair few picture messages then you'd be better off mailing them or using a free data messaging service like viber or whatsapp.

No idea what sort of phone you're going to get with a 3 day plus battery life that has a decent camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

Apologies, missed your reply. The 635 wouldn't accept MMS messages, went around the block several times with 48 about this before I returned it. I tried the Asha and the messages were too big for the phone to accept. Currently struggling with the lack of predictive text on the Alba from Argos and have just bought a Samsung E3309 for under €20 on eBay. I don't have high hopes for the phone, just wanted predictive text back before I fired the current phone out the window!

Advertisement