Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car hire recommendations - Orlando

Options
  • 04-02-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Heading to Orlando with kids this year for 10 and I looking for any recommendations on car hire.
    I've been in US multiple times myself(including Orlando) on business trips and on all occasions rented a car there but as it was all done using company card I was not paying attention to charges, insurances etc.
    This time I have to pay myself and the charges do not make sense at all as they are extremely different. I've looked through couple companies and the price varies from 300 to 800 Euro for the same car type.
    Also looked at broker sites like rentalcars.com and autoeurope.ie and this confuses even more. As an example if I book directly with Alamo the price is ~$700 if I book the same car with Alamo but through rentalcars.com the price is 320Euro? Which makes me question what am I missing?
    I know the rental company will try to sell me some insurance at the counter but do I really need it? Is Loss Damage Waiver(LDW) and Liability Insurance Supplement(LIS) enough?
    Your comments suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Comments

Advertisement