Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misled on Installion dates. No call back from anyone.

Options
  • 04-02-2016 3:53pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hello. Need an urgent resolution to this as I'm out of the country. Typing on mobile so apologies if text reads abrupt. Trying to capture everything concisely.

Moving home. Rang Eir a few weeks ago to have broadband service moved to new address. Was told I was ringing too early and to call February 1st to get the date I wanted. February 12th is the preferred date.

Rang next day just to be sure and was told same thing. Signed new house lease with landlord based around this as we work from home and Internet is essential to do my job.

Rang Feb 1st. Spoke with Aaron. Told me earliest possible date was February 22nd. Order number is 7202036.

Explained was I told previously and how urgent this is. Was told it would be escalated and I would get a call back 24 hours later.

It's now February 4th and I've heard nothing.

I went through this problem when I first ordered service from 'Eircom' a couple of years back.

Here's what I need, please

Contact from a manager or duly authorised person that my install will take place on February 12th as was originally advised would happen per my first two phone calls with Eir.

This history is available on your system. Aaron confirmed that

Can you get back to me today please?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Still waiting on a reply lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

faceman wrote: »
    Hello. Need an urgent resolution to this as I'm out of the country. Typing on mobile so apologies if text reads abrupt. Trying to capture everything concisely.

Moving home. Rang Eir a few weeks ago to have broadband service moved to new address. Was told I was ringing too early and to call February 1st to get the date I wanted. February 12th is the preferred date.

Rang next day just to be sure and was told same thing. Signed new house lease with landlord based around this as we work from home and Internet is essential to do my job.

Rang Feb 1st. Spoke with Aaron. Told me earliest possible date was February 22nd. Order number is 7202036.

Explained was I told previously and how urgent this is. Was told it would be escalated and I would get a call back 24 hours later.

It's now February 4th and I've heard nothing.

I went through this problem when I first ordered service from 'Eircom' a couple of years back.

Here's what I need, please

Contact from a manager or duly authorised person that my install will take place on February 12th as was originally advised would happen per my first two phone calls with Eir.

This history is available on your system. Aaron confirmed that

Can you get back to me today please?
    Hi Faceman,

I understand your urgency and it's very clear that Aaron should have informed you on the availability of a possible escalation, apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

I have looked in to this in detail and I'm very sorry to confirm that eir will be unable to arrange an earlier date for installation. The current scheduling of works and technician is full and the earliest that eir can complete your installation remains the 22nd of February (AM time-frame). One of the main contributing factors is the attention and works required by engineers in response to the damage created to eirs network created by the recent storms. Unfortantely this leaves eir in the position of a very large response to a high level or faults thus creating delays to both repairing faults and appointing installation dates.

I'm very sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Faceman,

I understand your urgency and it's very clear that Aaron should have informed you on the availability of a possible escalation, apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

I have looked in to this in detail and I'm very sorry to confirm that eir will be unable to arrange an earlier date for installation. The current scheduling of works and technician is full and the earliest that eir can complete your installation remains the 22nd of February (AM time-frame). One of the main contributing factors is the attention and works required by engineers in response to the damage created to eirs network created by the recent storms. Unfortantely this leaves eir in the position of a very large response to a high level or faults thus creating delays to both repairing faults and appointing installation dates.

I'm very sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks
    Al

I find it hard to believe that you can do nothing for a customer who had been messed around repeatedly by your company in the past. As you can see from the notes I called TWICE in January and was informed I was calling too early for the date I needed.

It's not acceptable Alan. An apology doesn't wash. Why wasn't I called back? Why wasn't my installation processed then?

You have an opportunity here that determines the customer relationship going forward. Is that really all that you can do? Or can you do something that will have me singing your praises to Richard Moat?

Advertisement