Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for advice on rehoming a beagle/terrier mix

• 04-02-2016 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

We are looking to rehome out beagle/terrier mix as she is very agressive towards or 2 small children. I feel that we made a terrible mistake in getting her and I really want to do the best thing for her, and I think that would be finding her a new home.

we have had her for 6 mths and got her when she was around 10mths old. We thought that the aggressiveness would settle as she got older but she snapped at our youngest daughter yesterday and now I am not so sure that this will pass. I think she would make a great pet for someone with no kids or a family with teenagers. She will give a few barks if she hears anything out of the ordinary.

What should my next steps be? I know that I shouldn't put her on done deal or similar, even though this is where we got her. I got sent emails to <snip> but i think they are only taking emergencies at the moment, I don't know if this constitutes an emergency or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Have you taken any steps to try to get to the bottom of the problem or to rectify the situation OP?

You would find it extremely difficult to rehome a dog with aggressive tendencies. Whether or not any potential home has kids or not, very few people would be willing to take a dog on that has a history of aggression. There are thousands of non-aggressive dogs in the country that are up for rehoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

carrighead wrote: »
    Hi,

We are looking to rehome out beagle/terrier mix as she is very agressive towards or 2 small children. I feel that we made a terrible mistake in getting her and I really want to do the best thing for her, and I think that would be finding her a new home.

we have had her for 6 mths and got her when she was around 10mths old. We thought that the aggressiveness would settle as she got older but she snapped at our youngest daughter yesterday and now I am not so sure that this will pass. I think she would make a great pet for someone with no kids or a family with teenagers. She will give a few barks if she hears anything out of the ordinary.

What should my next steps be? I know that I shouldn't put her on done deal or similar, even though this is where we got her. I got sent emails to <snip> but i think they are only taking emergencies at the moment, I don't know if this constitutes an emergency or not.

Op have you addressed the issues? she is still very much a pup and learning?

you say she is very aggressive? how? give examples? a snap wouldn't be considered very aggressive.. can you elaborate?

Its also very important that small children learn how to treat a dog - 99% of dogs will snap (or at least try and get away or growl) if they are being pulled / poked... without further information from you and what you have done to avoid the situation its hard for anyone to give you any advice really?

Advertisement