Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application to add Savings account to 365 Online failed

Options
  • 04-02-2016 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi,

I received this email today which I was not impressed with as I have been waiting two weeks for this to go through;
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Dear Customer,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Your recent request to register your Savings and Investment Account has been unsuccessful.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]If you have any queries regarding this please contact the Bank of Ireland 365 online helpdesk at 1890 365 200.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Our opening hours are 9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank / Public Holidays).[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Yours sincerely,[/font]
    I am a student that can't get to a bank very often so tried to create a savings account online that my friends had that allows instant money transactions. There was no option online so I had to go during my one weekend at home to and spend 20 minutes creating a savings account that required no deposit per month. That was fine and was given an account number on the spot and was told I'd get an email telling me my account was active to add to 365. I got that and applied for the account and it has taken at least a week only for me to be told it's unsuccessful. I am beyond disgusted and I really hope that this issue can be rectified in the very new future,

Adam 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good AFternoon Adam,

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie and we're very sorry to hear that you add account request was unsuccessful.

As we do not have account access here we would be unable to confirm the exact reason for this. However, we can advise that if your account is not a Demand Deposit account you would need to select the option for Term Notice or Regular Savings Plan via the 'Add your BOI account or Policy' option in the Online Service desk. You will also need to ensure that the account details match.

We're sorry that our team were unable to process your request on this occasion and ff you'd like to confirm the exact reason please call our help desk on 1890 365 200 or submit an 'Ask a question' using the Online Service Desk.

Thank you,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

Good AFternoon Adam,

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie and we're very sorry to hear that you add account request was unsuccessful.

As we do not have account access here we would be unable to confirm the exact reason for this. However, we can advise that if your account is not a Demand Deposit account you would need to select the option for Term Notice or Regular Savings Plan via the 'Add your BOI account or Policy' option in the Online Service desk. You will also need to ensure that the account details match.

We're sorry that our team were unable to process your request on this occasion and ff you'd like to confirm the exact reason please call our help desk on 1890 365 200 or submit an 'Ask a question' using the Online Service Desk.

Thank you,
    Elaine
    Hi Elaine,

I appreciate the speedy response and understand that I would have to contact the call centre. I cannot do that due to my college hours but I will have a go with adding an account through the Regular Savings plan option although I believe I selected that option already.

Thanks again,
    Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Thanks Adam,

We can completely understand you time restraints in college and if you have any further difficulty with this, please let us know here.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

Advertisement