Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No line

Options
  • 04-02-2016 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm a sky broadband customer with a faulty line, sky have tested the line and said it's an eircom fault. Who do I need to contact about this please? I tried calling 1901 but need to verify a/c details etc. which I don't have. I'm in Kilkenny city.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Comerman wrote: »
    Hi I'm a sky broadband customer with a faulty line, sky have tested the line and said it's an eircom fault. Who do I need to contact about this please? I tried calling 1901 but need to verify a/c details etc. which I don't have. I'm in Kilkenny city.
    Hi Comerman

As you are paying sky for rental they are responsible for logging this issue with eir wholesale who then assign engineers. Eir cannot directly assist you with technical issues. For clarification on this please view the following information provided on the communications regulations website:

Reporting a Line Fault
    You should report the fault to your operator (the company you pay line rental to). You should be able to find the contact details of your operator on your last bill.
    Your operator may need to do some testing on the line itself in order to obtain more information on the reported fault before organising the repair of the fault for you. - See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/business/fault_repairs.350.LE.asp#sthash.sqAS4URA.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi I'm a sky broadband customer with a faulty line, sky have tested the line and said it's an eircom fault. Who do I need to contact about this please?  I tried calling 1901 but need to verify a/c details etc.   which I don't have. I'm in Kilkenny city.
    Hi Comerman

As you are paying sky for rental they are responsible for logging this issue with eir wholesale who then assign engineers. Eir cannot directly assist you with technical issues. For clarification on this please view the following information provided on the communications regulations website:

Reporting a Line Fault
    You should report the fault to your operator (the company you pay line rental to). You should be able to find the contact details of your operator on your last bill.
    Your operator may need to do some testing on the line itself in order to obtain more information on the reported fault before organising the repair of the fault for you. - See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/business/fault_repairs.350.LE.asp#sthash.sqAS4URA.dpuf
    Hi Alan.
    Thanks for your quick reply, the line is back now whatever happened. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi I'm a sky broadband customer with a faulty line, sky have tested the line and said it's an eircom fault. Who do I need to contact about this please?  I tried calling 1901 but need to verify a/c details etc.   which I don't have. I'm in Kilkenny city.
    Hi Comerman

Reporting a Line Fault
    Hi Alan.
    Thanks for your quick reply, the line is back now whatever happened. Cheers
    Cheers Comerman

Just good to hear :)

Have a great day

Al

Advertisement