Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest international courier?

Options
  • 04-02-2016 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi All,

The majority of my orders are coming from the USA and main land Europe - small light parcels 117 x 55 x 39 (mm) >250g. I'm pricing couriers to take parcels to Germany and the States - the cost is astonishing. €30.00 USA and €21.36 to Germany.

Does anyone know any cheaper courier companies? Otherwise I'm going to have to relocate the distribution end of the business to N.I.

I've even looked at sending the parcels by courier to N.I. first, and then having them moved via courier from N.I. to the rest of the world. This would be 11% cheaper than the parcels going directly from Dublin to the world. - go figure that one out.

Thanks,

Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

cojack101 wrote: »
    Hi All,

The majority of my orders are coming from the USA and main land Europe - small light parcels 117 x 55 x 39 (mm) >250g. I'm pricing couriers to take parcels to Germany and the States - the cost is astonishing. €30.00 USA and €21.36 to Germany.

Does anyone know any cheaper courier companies? Otherwise I'm going to have to relocate the distribution end of the business to N.I.

I've even looked at sending the parcels by courier to N.I. first, and then having them moved via courier from N.I. to the rest of the world. This would be 11% cheaper than the parcels going directly from Dublin to the world. - go figure that one out.

Thanks,

Keith

Obviously not talking to the right people or understanding how shipping works. I pay 9.50 for up to 20kg to Germany, 11.25 to Poland and just under €15 to Italy, Czech Republic and some others.

Possibly your volumes are not there, but as items are light, why not use An Post?

Ground shipping will be cheapest for Europe, but an post don't have that service. Royal mail do, but its slow.

Nightline, dpd, gls will offer ground services of 3-4days. But they charge per parcel and it doesn't matter much whether its 250g or 15kg

So an post or transfer your large business to NI

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

It's not a large business it's a small business sending 200 parcels per month. And correct I do not understand how international shipping works as I have not been sending products internationally only domestically, which is why I am on a forum looking for advice :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Sorry, I thought that if were actually considering a move to Northern Ireland that the business must be of a size that would make the expense and hassle of such a move to a different country worthwhile

You have never checked an post???? - Surely that's the first call.

and if you were actually sending 200 parcels a month, all of the main players would offer you rates of circa €10-€12 for most of Europe and about €7 or less for UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

Hi All,

The majority of my orders are coming from the USA and main land Europe -
    I have not been sending products internationally only domestically

Are you saying most of the orders you get are unfulfilled?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kevin212

There is a company in Northern Ireland I had been in touch with they do a lot of UK and international shipping of smaller items I been in touch following a similar problem I had and recieved a lot of good advice from them. It could be worth talking to them s4m.ie was the website

• Advertisement
Advertisement