Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Sabb types?

• 04-02-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭

We had our Quantum 70 with RF-Sabb installed early last year. When the installer left and when it got dark we noticed that the lights on the Sabb were flashing very bright (white) . So I disabled them through the menu SB1 StatLeds "OFF" and I added another pair of leds with their own battery as to not run down the Sabbs batteries. Ive noticed over the past few months similar or same Sabbs on other houses in the area with flashing lights but these ones have a dimmer blue light slowly flashing from left to right. But if turn mine on they also flash from left to right but have a longer pause between flashes (dark period) and are a much quicker white blink that almost light up a section of our driveway!
    Are there different types of LEDS in some HKC Sabbs ?

To me, it looks like all the others are using blue leds but mine is using the strobes.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

The UTC bellbox flashes slightly faster but looks similar to the HKC one. There are a load of different ones, the HKC, Pyronix and UTC are the most popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

_John C wrote: »
    We had our Quantum 70 with RF-Sabb installed early last year. When the installer left and when it got dark we noticed that the lights on the Sabb were flashing very bright (white) . So I disabled them through the menu SB1 StatLeds "OFF" and I added another pair of leds with their own battery as to not run down the Sabbs batteries. Ive noticed over the past few months similar or same Sabbs on other houses in the area with flashing lights but these ones have a dimmer blue light slowly flashing from left to right. But if turn mine on they also flash from left to right but have a longer pause between flashes (dark period) and are a much quicker white blink that almost light up a section of our driveway!
    Are there different types of LEDS in some HKC Sabbs ?

To me, it looks like all the others are using blue leds but mine is using the strobes.

If using the LEDs on the wire free bell you can add a second battery pack which will last up to 32 months with the LED alternating every 5 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭_John C

It had a second battery pack but I removed it when I installed the separate led & battery (which is said to last almost 10 years). The plan is to keep the 6 cells from the second pack and use them when the original 6 need replacing.

It it normal that my Sabb flashes so brightly like a strobe when enabled? Looks a bit silly. At night the next door neighbour said that he thought it was a spaceship coming into land and I agreed with him.

Im using these now; There ment to last almost 10 years and dont give the impression of a landing spaceship!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

_John C wrote: »
    It had a second battery pack but I removed it when I installed the separate led & battery (which is said to last almost 10 years). The plan is to keep the 6 cells from the second pack and use them when the original 6 need replacing.

It it normal that my Sabb flashes so brightly like a strobe when enabled? Looks a bit silly. At night the next door neighbour said that he thought it was a spaceship coming into land and I agreed with him.

Im using these now; There ment to last almost 10 years and dont give the impression of a landing spaceship!

If you leave in the two battery packs without enabling the LEDs then you should be getting 10 years out of it.

Advertisement