Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please fix Fault lodged by Sky to Open Eir now!

Options
  • 04-02-2016 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi There

I have a fault on my telephone line since it was activated on the 30th of December for phone and the 19th of January for Fibre Broadband. Once the broadband was enabled, I raised a fault with Sky who, in turn, raised the fault with Open Eir. Open Eir then escalated the fault to Eir. Currently, the fault is sitting at "with working crew"

I was told that the type of fault (FA: Failed Activation) has a SLA of 10 working days (which is the max amount of time Eir have to rectify a fault as per USO), however today is the 10th working day, where tomorrow will be the 11th day with it also being a Friday and facing yet another weekend without Internet. Would it be possible to rectify this fault tomorrow and have the engineer on site. 

I can provide my telephone number and UAN over PM if required. I live in the Dublin 8 area, where you wouldn't think it would take 10 working days to rectify a fault

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

You would  have to go back to SKY to pursue Open Eir for response and Eir retail reps most likely will no be able to assist you in this.

Also with all the storm damage around country lately the field techs prolly have their hands busy fixing lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Found the below on another recent thread, its an answer from rep here to another Sky customer.

"As you are paying sky for rental they are responsible for logging this issue with eir wholesale who then assign engineers. Eir cannot directly assist you with technical issues. For clarification on this please view the following information provided on the communications regulations website:

Reporting a Line Fault
    You should report the fault to your operator (the company you pay line rental to). You should be able to find the contact details of your operator on your last bill.
    Your operator may need to do some testing on the line itself in order to obtain more information on the reported fault before organising the repair of the fault for you. - See more at: http://www.askcomreg.i...sthash.sqAS4URA.dpuf"

Seems you need to go back to Sky on this unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi dragon5678

As Sour Lemonz pointed out - Sky are responsible for managing your fault and eir will be unable to take your request for assistance on your fault as you are not an eir customer

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi dragon5678

As Sour Lemonz pointed out - Sky are responsible for managing your fault and eir will be unable to take your request for assistance on your fault as you are not an eir customer

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al

I thought that'd be your response. Thought Id give it a go. Thank you for your response.

Sour Lemonz, thank you for your advice.

As you both could imagine, its frustrating that the fault hasn't been repaired under the SLA and I've been without internet for about a month now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

dragon5678 wrote: »
    eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi dragon5678

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al

I thought that'd be your response. Thought Id give it a go. Thank you for your response.

Sour Lemonz, thank you for your advice.

As you both could imagine, its frustrating that the fault hasn't been repaired under the SLA and I've been without internet for about a month now.
    No problem dragon5678

I'm sure this can be very frustrating - The best advice I can offer is to keep on to sky.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement