Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just checkin in....

Options
  • 04-02-2016 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

EA have a sale on at the moment on Xbox store and I'm thinking of picking up Madden.

What are people's opinions of the game at the moment? That you are into season 2 with the league tells me a certain amount already, just want to know the ins and outs of it

I wouldn't be playing it online, unfortunately, just wondering if the offline franchise mode is worth the effort?

Hopefully things should be more settled with myself and the family for next Madden. Really do miss the games!!

All thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

And Go Panthers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Get EA Access and get Madden on it. Only 23 euro for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What Raoul said. If you have an xbone and you don't have ea access you're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Hey guns hope your keeping well, look forward to seeing you back, as raoul and Pudsy said try ea access even for a month, it's 4euro I belive for one month so you can get the game and play away, can be very tricky at first to get the hang of the new catch and throw button pressing mechanisms what ever way they say it, but it's an improvement over Madden 15

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Thanks for the info lads, didnt realise EA access was that cheap!!

Time to get my Madden on!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

guns4all wrote: »

Think I saw you can get EA access for 18 euro in some other country. Just take a "trip" there and buy it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I purchased it today and am struggling in All-Pro difficulty, my defence is good enough but my passes keep getting intercepted. Also I was curious if people actually understand defence tactics? I've been playing since 2003 and I just choose random defensive set ups

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

I purchased it today and am struggling in All-Pro difficulty, my defence is good enough but my passes keep getting intercepted. Also I was curious if people actually understand defence tactics? I've been playing since 2003 and I just choose random defensive set ups

the simplist way to decide is to wait till the offence pick. Then their formation comes up. You base your defensive formation off that

If they come out in 2TE 2RB formations, you would usually like to come out in 4-3, 3-4 or 46 defensive formations

Nickel coverage is for 3 CB to come out to cover 3WR or 2Wr + 1TE

Dime coverage is for large WR plays which involve 4WR or 3WR and 1TE.

Within each of those formations is man-to-man coverage or zone coverage. In modern madden, you need to mix up between the two types because if you stick to one too much, good players will tear you apart.

Start with that i think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

For passing, get used to the different pass types like bullet, touch etc. Different passes are used in different situations.

As for defence, you should pick a formation that matches up with the offense. So if they are in a formation with 2 WR, your base formation should be sufficient as you have 2 CB. If they have 3 WR, it may be useful to go to a nickel formation, which brings in an extra corner to account for the extra receiver.

• Advertisement

Enjoyin the game so far.

Passing is a lot different from previous ones. Same with trying to get interceptions.
    Any advice?

Also the XP part of the franchise is a bit poorer seems you have to do the drills to get anyway of a decent XP boost

Again any advice is welcome

Advertisement