Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account access lost following switchover

Options
  • 04-02-2016 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I lost my access to my electric and gas bills on my ElectricIreland account within 2 hours of switching over to Bord Gais (door-step switchover).
    I am in my 14-day cooling-off period with them so I wished to download my EI bills and ensure that I'm getting a beneficial rate, with a view to canceling the changeover if desired.

Could you please reinstate my access to my bills or provide them to me via email please?

Account: xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi 10-10-20,

We're sorry to read that you are having difficulty accessing your online billing account. For your account security we would recommend editing your previous message to remove your account number from public view.

If you switch to another supplier you should still have access to your online billing account as your previous bills and account number will still exist with Electric Ireland.

Are you getting an error message when you try to log into your account? Also, could you advise us of what browser and device you are using? We would recommend clearing your browser history and removing any cookies from your device, this may help.

In order for us to look into this further for you could you please send us a private message including the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    Should you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭10-10-20

[*]
    Hello -

I removed my account number from the above. I am still getting the same error, below.
    For information, I was logged onto my account on the same device at the time of the switch-over and was able to download the PDF's without problem.

Error!
    An error occurred while processing your request.
    You can:
    • Go back and try again
    • Contact system administrator quoting the following details
      Error Code: 8001.500
      Request Id: 4a4d8875-76f5-4e52-b509-37aba65acc39
    [*]

I'll try again from work in a short while and see if it's any different on that PC.

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi 10-10-20,

Thank you for removing your account number.

Should you continue to receive this error message when accessing the account through a different device please let us know as soon as possible.

If you could also provide us with your Electric Ireland account details (as shown in our previous message) by private message this will allow us to look into this matter further for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement