Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student accommodation NUIG

Options
  • 04-02-2016 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Applying as a first year through CAO and looking for places to stay on campus. Recommendations where? I've corrib village down on waiting list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Luke_MaB

Corrib Village is the best place for first year. Experience and location is top notch. It is the most expensive, however, & the apartments are not worth the money. I know that sounds contradictory with my first point but you should way the price of Corrib Village against the experience & that's what makes it worth it (I lived there in first year & was an RA). If you should get Corrib Village, do apply to become an RA. You'll get a 2000e reduction in your accommodation fees and it doesn't involve a lot of work (assuming it hasn't changed since I was one). Plus you'll get to meet new people faster and forge relationships quicker.
    Gort is good too and better quality in terms of housing but it's mainly for post-first years.
    Going private is good too but, again, it's better to go private *after* you have made friends in first year so you have people to live with.

Good Luck!

Advertisement