Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commission for energy regulation announcement rumour

• 05-02-2016 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭

I've been told there some announcement next week in regards EVs charge network charging

Anyone else heard this rumour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Maybe Tesla have been given permission to install their four planned chargers?

https://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

NO, I was told it's a bit more substantive then that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Did you get any info about the content? Is it at least good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

It's before the election... so I assume it is good news.

no my source merely indicated it was a pronouncement on EV charging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'd hazard a guess that the end result will be similar to what ESB originally proposed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

I'd hazard a guess that the end result will be similar to what ESB originally proposed.

I think you have it right. these things never work out in the consumers favour. We are always gouged for every last penny

Fastpud wrote: »
    I think you have it right. these things never work out in the consumers favour. We are always gouged for every last penny

yes this is what worries me

Ive got more details

The Commission for Energy regulation has or will complete their review of EV charging and will make a pronouncement at the end of 1st quarter this year, A convenient period after a general election is over

Not looking good

Ive got more details

The Commission for Energy regulation has or will complete their review of EV charging and will make a pronouncement at the end of 1st quarter this year, A convenient period after a general election is over

Not looking good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

The original proposal from the ESB was so daft that I'd hope that whatever the CER comes up with will be more sensible. I'm probably being naive.

Actually, it might be no bad thing to hold off on introducing any charges until the infrastructure becomes more reliable and widespread, and more electric vehicles are on the road, especially with oil prices being what they are.

Who knows what way oil prices will end up. Iranian oil will hit the market soon so prices will either nose dive or become worthless.

No one knows what emissions regulations are coming in the not too distant future either which could mean 2nd hand Diesel sales will be worthless. One thing for sure is that oil isn't running out like we were led to believe, it will eventually, but maybe not for well over 100 years. I think oil consumption will continue to reduce as newer greener technologies emerge. Eventually oil will become worthless and this is already happening so that the greatest change will come from us not wanting oil rather than using too much of it.

Who knows what way oil prices will end up. Iranian oil will hit the market soon so prices will either nose dive or become worthless.

No one knows what emissions regulations are coming in the not too distant future either which could mean 2nd hand Diesel sales will be worthless. One thing for sure is that oil isn't running out like we were led to believe, it will eventually, but maybe not for well over 100 years. I think oil consumption will continue to reduce as newer greener technologies emerge. Eventually oil will become worthless and this is already happening so that the greatest change will come from us not wanting oil rather than using too much of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭homer911

Why are there so many double posts on this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

homer911 wrote: »
    Why are there so many double posts on this thread?

Boards.ie is a bit wonky at the moment, but it does not excuse post authors from manually deleting their own duplicates (Edit/Delete under the post). Having said that, I guess many like to see their total post numbers increase at double the rate.

I agree, we are actually near peak " demand" in the west, not peak " production ", Oil will in my view slowly decline in usefulness.

As for diesels, I dont think anything will change quickly , to many jobs at stake , recently the EU parliament vetoed , tighter NOX emissions for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I doubt the CER would go public on a result before a new Minister is in place to outline any policy changes. The main thing will how the charging is introduced and how the market will be opened up. I can't see the CER allowing the monopoly of the ESB charging per minute and I imagine the EU Directive on ad-hoc access will also see any required paid subscription fees for access scrapped but hey its Ireland so god knows what they might do!

Villain wrote: »
    I doubt the CER would go public on a result before a new Minister is in place to outline any policy changes. The main thing will how the charging is introduced and how the market will be opened up. I can't see the CER allowing the monopoly of the ESB charging per minute and I imagine the EU Directive on ad-hoc access will also see any required paid subscription fees for access scrapped but hey its Ireland so god knows what they might do!

Gov will be formed by mid march, announcement is scheduled for mid April , funny that

There is no talk about energy, green technologies or anything environmental with any of the politicians.

It's all the same pre election BS to get the voters interested.

Scrap water charges, reduce taxes, phase out USC bla bla , no long term transport plans, environmental in fact no real long term economic plans at all as far as I can see only telling people exactly what they want to hear.

I heard no mention of reducing the extortionate VAT charges that everyone including the less well off have to pay. VAT should be reduced to 18% to encourage more spending , meaning more money in the local economy.

I know most of this won;t come up until the budget but I hear nothing from any politicians that would make me want to vote for them.

There is no talk about energy, green technologies or anything environmental with any of the politicians.

It's all the same pre election BS to get the voters interested.

Scrap water charges, reduce taxes, phase out USC bla bla , no long term transport plans, no environmental thinking what so ever. no real long term economic plans. I can see only telling people exactly what they want to hear.

I heard no mention of reducing the extortionate VAT charges that everyone including the less well off have to pay. VAT should be reduced to 18% to encourage more spending , meaning more money in the local economy.

I know most of this won;t come up until the budget but I hear nothing from any politicians that would make me want to vote for them.

• Advertisement

Trouble is vat is an addictive tax for governments as they get it paid every two months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,058 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

BoatMad wrote: »
    I agree, we are actually near peak " demand" in the west, not peak " production ", Oil will in my view slowly decline in usefulness.

As for diesels, I dont think anything will change quickly , to many jobs at stake , recently the EU parliament vetoed , tighter NOX emissions for example

They might have the EU in their pockets but diesels are being banned from cities, they might produce slightly less CO2, but are filthy for most everything else coming out the exhaust which is drastically reducing air quality in cities. If they can't get into cities their sales will plummet.

Del2005 wrote: »
    They might have the EU in their pockets but diesels are being banned from cities, they might produce slightly less CO2, but are filthy for most everything else coming out the exhaust which is drastically reducing air quality in cities. If they can't get into cities their sales will plummet.

Where are they being banned from cities at present ?

I know my Partners Dad has a sticker on his Caddy Combi, he's allowed drive into Stuttgart, he wouldn't be able any more with his old Volvo. I don't know how many other German Cities do this ?

France is looking to ban a lot of older diesels that's why they were offering such good incentives on the Renault Zoe, if you scrapped your 10+ year old diesel.

Of course in Ireland you can drive any crappy diesel, so many on the roads with clouds of smoke coming from the exhaust, commercial vehicles are the worst.

I know my Partners Dad has a sticker on his Caddy Combi, he's allowed drive into Stuttgart, he wouldn't be able any more with his old Volvo. I don't know how many other German Cities do this ?

France is looking to ban a lot of older diesels that's why they were offering such good incentives on the Renault Zoe, if you scrapped your 10+ year old diesel.

Of course in Ireland you can drive any crappy diesel, so many on the roads with clouds of smoke coming from the exhaust, commercial vehicles are the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,058 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Where are they being banned from cities at present ?

Paris and London are looking to ban diesel as their air quality is way below EU standards, easiest way to improve is to ban diesel as that produces much more of the small particles that they are exceeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Gov will be formed by mid march, announcement is scheduled for mid April , funny that

I wouldnt bet on Gov being formed Mid March

Advertisement