Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford restaurants not charging extra for groups

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Imagine going to the trouble of posting to find a place that wouldn't charge a measly 10% as opposed to actually giving it and appeasing the waitress/waiter.

McDonalds for you maybe?

The staff usually don't get this 10% you idiot.
    Thats the whole point.

If it went to the staff I have no problem tipping it if the service is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

So back to beginning:

Burzza on Johns street doesn't charge for service at all. Same as Bodega next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Encouraging public promotion of the naming and shaming of Restaurants that adhere to a practice not unusual or unknown in the restaurant world. Typical Waterford begrudgary and I hate using that term as I try to ignore it as much as I can in town/work/boards and everyday life, but its just every where.

You have a personal tick with service charges, grand , you have an entitlement to that, and you have every right to highlight this to the restaurateur, give feedback on TripAdvisor etc, even moan about it on the "Waterford Restaurants" thread, but to put your cape on and bring you internet vigilantism here looking to "Name and Shame" restaurants on a dedicated thread, looking to damage the reputations of business/people who have put everything into starting up business, taking up empty shop fronts in town, bringing a bit of life back into the city .....petty to say the least. I lived and worked in 3 other cities in recent times and this is a common practice, maybe it was the circles of people I was with etc but a service charge never really left a bad taste (pardon the pun). I think Macdonalds and KFC don't have service charges, maybe this might be an option for you the next time you go out, they have a eurosaver menu you know.

Advertisement