Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght to leopardstown

Options
  • 05-02-2016 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

So I'm in a bit of a situation. I currently live in Tallaght and get the luas to work in the city centre. Luas the whole way from tallaght to spencer dock and about a 15 min walk at the end. I've been offered a job out near leopardstown. Is this madness to consider taking it? I drive so that's maybe an option. I have no idea what transport is like that way from looking on Google there's a bus that going 60 stops to where I want to go and then the option to drive. Anyone do a similar route or can offer some advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can drive. Via M50, you'll get there in about 20 minutes. That's if you hit the M50 before 7.30am. Between 7:30 and 8, it'll move but probably take 10-15 minutes longer. Any later than 8am and it's a bit of a roulette depending on who's decided to drive like an idiot that day.

Tallaght's a big place, so advice on bus routes is hard to give without much more info. 75 is probably the most obvious, but you'll want to get on it early - 7am-ish again - to make good time.

You could cycle it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Struggling

seamus wrote: »
    You can drive. Via M50, you'll get there in about 20 minutes. That's if you hit the M50 before 7.30am. Between 7:30 and 8, it'll move but probably take 10-15 minutes longer. Any later than 8am and it's a bit of a roulette depending on who's decided to drive like an idiot that day.

Tallaght's a big place, so advice on bus routes is hard to give without much more info. 75 is probably the most obvious, but you'll want to get on it early - 7am-ish again - to make good time.

You could cycle it too.

Thanks for the advice. Is parking at leopardstown racecourse still free? I currently leave the house at 7.40 to get to work in the city centre for 9 and really don't wanna be leaving any earlier than that to get to leopardstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Tallaght to Leopardstown is around 15 minutes by car. It's only 3 exits down the M50 heading southbound.

I don't know if parking in the racecourse is free but it can be a hell of a walk back out if you park in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Is your job in the race course or is parking an issue in your work place?

snor wrote: »

No in the interview they said most people park at the racecourse. The job is about a 15 min walk from there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Struggling wrote: »
    No in the interview they said most people park at the racecourse. The job is about a 15 min walk from there
    For an interview surely you can use their customer parking at the office?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Traffic coming off the M50 into leopardstown / sandy ford in mental, 20 mins or more , you'd really have to experiment and try it on a weekday morning , before you commit. Nice cycle over the foothills of the mountains if you wanted to get fit 45 mins I'd say, via reasonable cycle lanes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Bigus wrote: »
    Traffic coming off the M50 into leopardstown / sandy ford in mental, 20 mins or more , you'd really have to experiment and try it on a weekday morning , before you commit. Nice cycle over the foothills of the mountains if you wanted to get fit 45 mins I'd say, via reasonable cycle lanes

Hit and miss, this morning it was under 3 mins to get up the ramp. You can also use the next junction and enter the race course through that.

snor wrote: »

smash wrote: »
    For an interview surely you can use their customer parking at the office?

Yeah but I'm trying to decide to accept the job or not and if I do I won't get customer parking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The 75 takes about 70 - 80 mins in the morning so driving would be a lot quicker

21/25

Does anyone think if I left at 8am I'd be there for 9am? Including parking and walking 10/15mins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

To be honest it can be pot luck, 5 mins either way can make a huge difference, if it was me I'd leave the first day at 7:30 and leave 5 mins later every day till you have it sussed

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

As mentioned above very hit and miss on the M50 in the mornings. If any type of crash or break down it adds minutes. Lepoardstown exit can be backed up onto the M50 some mornings but since the roundabout is now a junction it may improve. Id usuall get on at Tallaght Junction and be parked in 25 mins.

If you are interviewing in central park where Vodafone/ Bank of america are you can park in the Clayton hotel for a few euro an hour. Not too sure of the business parking arrangements around the racecourse.

As mentioned above very hit and miss on the M50 in the mornings. If any type of crash or break down it adds minutes. Lepoardstown exit can be backed up onto the M50 some mornings but since the roundabout is now a junction it may improve. Id usuall get on at Tallaght Junction and be parked in 25 mins.

If you are interviewing in central park where Vodafone/ Bank of america are you can park in the Clayton hotel for a few euro an hour. Not too sure of the business parking arrangements around the racecourse.

Yes that's where it is. But I've done the interview and trying to decide to accept or decline. Obviously if I'm driving I don't want to be paying for parking also. Isn't the racecourse free to park in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Does anyone think if I left at 8am I'd be there for 9am? Including parking and walking 10/15mins

Probably. I leave Firhouse at 7.50am and am passing that exit at 8.10am most mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Yes that's where it is. But I've done the interview and trying to decide to accept or decline. Obviously if I'm driving I don't want to be paying for parking also. Isn't the racecourse free to park in?

I previously worked in a company in the Vodafone building there. When I started a few years ago you could park free at mcguirks golf but that's inaccessible. The field is paid park and when I left last year it was over 80 euro a month. Ridiculous but there's little other options for parking. It was half that price 3 years ago. So consider that potential cost

I previously worked in a company in the Vodafone building there. When I started a few years ago you could park free at mcguirks golf but that's inaccessible. The field is paid park and when I left last year it was over 80 euro a month. Ridiculous but there's little other options for parking. It was half that price 3 years ago. So consider that potential cost

So you don't think that the racecourse is free parking? Without it the job is absolutely not an option for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

As said, assuming you do the straightforward N81/M50, you're looking at about 20 minutes if you are hitting the M50 before 7.30. After that and up to 9, you're looking at between 15-25 minutes more. I drive to Dundrum every morning via N81/M50 albeit I've not done Sandyford at that time before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So you don't think that the racecourse is free parking? Without it the job is absolutely not an option for me

you can park in westwood gym, they do spotchecks now and then but i have a friend who parks there every day for the last 2 years without issue.

It's still a 10-15 minute walk then to central park (leopardstown VF building)

• Advertisement
Advertisement