Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trail Runners - Suggestions

Options
  • 05-02-2016 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Folks,

I'm a long-time wearer of the Asics Gel-DS range, tried and tested so I like to stick with them through all the new versions. They're extremely light weight and are a neutral/over pronation runner. I do pick up a good few injuries but after gait analysis and trying new brands I find the injuries get more frequent/worse. I think I'm just one of those people that pick up niggles but I'm starting a lot of core and strength work which I've overlooked in the past as well doing pilates.

Anyway, I'm looking to get into a bit of trail running and was just wondering what type of runner you would suggest? The options seem fairly endless so was hoping to narrow the search and seeing what people have had success with.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Sandwell

It depends on the type of trail running you're planning to do. If it involves a lot of open mountain (ie. mud) then you'll need fairly aggressive threads on the sole but these can be uncomfortable on harder surfaces. The Inov-8 Roclite is a pretty good all-rounder. Most of the Inov-8 range are quite lightweight and minimal which should suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DazzyR

Thanks Sandwell, will check them out. Don't think I will be doing anything too extreme, mostly just wet or stoney tracks which the flats tend to struggle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

Only ever used the Brooks Cascadia.
    They suit me. Great grip on most surfaces and shed muck really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

Only ever used the Brooks Cascadia.
    They suit me. Great grip on most surfaces and shed muck really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

You could also try the asics range if not going too hard. asics fuji are very comfortable and have decent grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

The Adidas Kanadia is a good shoe. Decent Lugged grips, and fastish. Fairly priced too (€60-70).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

demfad wrote: »
    The Adidas Kanadia is a good shoe. Decent Lugged grips, and fastish. Fairly priced too (€60-70).

I also have these, they are quite a good quality considering the price point. Pretty light weight and robust.

Advertisement