Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re Store Kilmac

• 05-02-2016 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Have to ask. What is a Topaz franchise caravan doing trading in an esso forecourt?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Topaz made approaches to take over Esso's Irish operations early last year, although it took until October 15th for the competition commission to approve the sale. The sale finally went through on 1st December, and they just haven't got around to rebranding all the stations yet, but I'm sure it'll happen pretty quickly now the sale has gone through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭anonanymore

Then the prices will go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

I cannot see the pump prices rising out of kilter with other players in the market. Sure you may have the same company either side of the N11, but you have Applegreen a little further down the road, so I would think that will keep them keen.

The margins are in the retail side of the forecourt, coffee, sambos etc. In addition to Topaz taking on ESSO, the Canadians in the form of Couche-Tard (http://corpo.couche-tard.com/en/) have taken over Topaz-ESSO.

I understand them to be a much more global player, with an array of brands and I also understand a more 'socially responsible' corporate outlook. It will interesting to see what they bring to the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Wally Runs wrote: »
    I cannot see the pump prices rising out of kilter with other players in the market. Sure you may have the same company either side of the N11, but you have Applegreen a little further down the road, so I would think that will keep them keen.
    For the last few months (quite a long time actually), the ESSO has been cheaper than the Topaz across the road.

Still, less people at the pumps because of the prices may mean less people illegally parking for their breakfast and blocking the slip road northbound!

Advertisement