Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Some insane part of me is tempted as I'll be working abroad for the last 2 weeks of May... so a bit of a spin up before the WW200 might be a good plan, mind you chickening out @200K would be the height of my ambition, who knew the Wicklow mountains hand so many inclines (even if there is a bit of repetition)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Inquitus wrote: »
    Looking at the route again there's a major decision point at 200km, turn left and head back to dublin, or turn right for laragh and another climb up to Sally Gap from Roundwood!

It will be a dark moment of truth for all of us. :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I think I'd get as far as Dundrum, see people gathering and then set off in another less arduous direction.

26667657906_dd897cb9e7_o.png

Looks like we have a Posse!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

daragh_ wrote: »
    26667657906_dd897cb9e7_o.png

Looks like we have a Posse!

The 200 finally dropped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Nearly sure it's clashing with Dublins opener in the championship away in Kilkenny..let me check

Thread Bump.

Not long now.

Saturday the 4th of June at 8am. "Traditional' starting point under the Luas Bridge at Dundrum.

Route is edited now to finish at Johnnie Foxes.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/13917708

There are opt out points for anyone who doesn't fancy the full thing. There will be at least 2 coffee stops in Laragh. You can pick up extra water and food in Laragh, Rathdrum and Roundwood.

As always it's worth pointing out that this is a bunch of like-minded people going for a longish spin together. There will be no mechanical support, no organised food stops, no entry fee, no commemorative jersey, no medal, no goody bag and no cheering crowd at the end. Everybody who wants to come along is welcome. You should be able for a long day in the saddle and be self-sufficient in terms of food, spare tubes etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I have the day off. I'll see how its going but looking at the map I'll be heading home by 211km.

I also might start early as I'll be slow. Very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

godtabh wrote: »
    .... I also might start early as I'll be slow. Very slow.
    Jesus you weren't slow last year. I think our pace at the start was too high for what was ahead of us.

Jesus you weren't slow last year. I think our pace at the start was too high for what was ahead of us.

daragh_ will be a distant memory before we get to Tesco on the way out. starting early means he'll have caught up by Steapaside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Wont make it this year. I'm on a weekend away with the club. That pint in Johnny Foxes last year must have been the best pint I've every had.
    Enjoy!

Wont make it this year. I'm on a weekend away with the club. That pint in Johnny Foxes last year must have been the best pint I've every had.
    Enjoy!

I'll have yours then :p

Nearly sure it's clashing with Dublins opener in the championship away in Kilkenny..let me check

Im out unless you can incorporate arriving in Nolan park for 7ish......and a lift home:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Im out unless you can incorporate arriving in Nolan park for 7ish......and a lift home:o

Can you not do some of it. Even 100 Km and be home well on time for a shower and travel time to the game

Can you not do some of it. Even 100 Km and be home well on time for a shower and travel time to the game

Ah that would be like going to the pub and not drinking....

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

Anyone got a Strava route for this year's one?

bbolger wrote: »
    Anyone got a Strava route for this year's one?

I have one but only up to the 200km mark. I'll be heading back at that stage. Any use?

I have one but only up to the 200km mark. I'll be heading back at that stage. Any use?
    Yes perfect, might be doing a solo spin in Wicklow on the Fri, so wanted to see the main climbs you were planning.

bbolger wrote: »
    Yes perfect, might be doing a solo spin in Wicklow on the Fri, so wanted to see the main climbs you were planning.

When I'm next at a computer I'll put it up

• Advertisement

Hope the legs work, that looks like torture!
    Cheers.

So when do we start doing the weather predictions?

It's going to snow. :D

daragh_ wrote: »
    It's going to snow. :D

wouldn't mind if it was as bright as yesterday but cooler.

The climbing will be warm!

so who is confirmed to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

so who is confirmed to do this?

I'm in although i don't know how much of it ill get done. Ill be happy with 220 TBH

So

Godtabh
    daragh_
    irishrover99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I'll show up but thats as much as I can promise at this stage. My legs are still in bits after MB200... What time do we meet?

8am under the Luas Bridge.

• Advertisement

So

Godtabh
    daragh_
    irishrover99
    Alek

daragh_ suggested 8 at the Luas bridge in Dundrum. If it only is going to be a small group I may start early as I'm likely to be drooped earlier than most and would prefer to finish earlier

Advertisement