Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffolding on Custom House

Options
  • 05-02-2016 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

I realised today that I have been going by Custom House, for what feels like at least a year, and there has consistently been scaffolding at the top of it, with absolutely no workers every up there doing anything on it.

Does anyone have any information about why the scaffolding is up? Why is one of the big landmarks of our city not being kept looking as perfect as it can?

I can't rack my head around what work might take so long, so I'm guessing there's something in the pipeline and they can't be arsed to take it down?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

I often see the same thing myself on the way to work and wondered about it. Maybe some sort of maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

There's hoarding across the front of the building now to keep the homeless people out

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

I walk past the Four courts most days and there must have been scaffolding continuously on it for the last five years or more!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

howiya wrote: »
    There's hoarding across the front of the building now to keep the homeless people out

No, there isn't.

Theres hoardings for the restoration work. Stop believing every hysterical 'news' article you see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

L1011 wrote: »
    No, there isn't.

Theres hoardings for the restoration work. Stop believing every hysterical 'news' article you see

I didn't read any article. It was the first thought that came into my head walking past the building the other day. Has Alan Kelly found those people alternative accommodation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

I walk past the Four courts most days and there must have been scaffolding continuously on it for the last five years or more!

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/heritage/restored-four-courts-dome-set-for-seal-of-approval-1.2456397 (Dec, 2015)

I think the Irish Times published a photo of the interior dome (or a mockup of the final result) at the time and it looked very impressive.

Advertisement