Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to resolve laptop slow running and No Internet Access issue

Options
  • 05-02-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Can anyone help or advise where I can get help to resolve an issue with my laptop that is starting to bug me. I use W7, Chrome and Avast. I am constantly getting “No Internet Access” while it shows laptop is “Connected”. When I reload/Restart everything is OK for a while, then the problem comes back again pretty soon. I have run Malwarebytes and adwcleaner which show no errors. I think something is going on in the background and taking control of the laptop as it can sometimes take an age to load something. Google.ie is my Chrome setting default but when I click at top of page for new Chrome tab no url is displayed (would normally show google.ie) and a similar but different screen is displayed.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

bmay529 wrote: »
    Can anyone help or advise where I can get help to resolve an issue with my laptop that is starting to bug me. I use W7, Chrome and Avast. I am constantly getting “No Internet Access” while it shows laptop is “Connected”. When I reload/Restart everything is OK for a while, then the problem comes back again pretty soon. I have run Malwarebytes and adwcleaner which show no errors. I think something is going on in the background and taking control of the laptop as it can sometimes take an age to load something. Google.ie is my Chrome setting default but when I click at top of page for new Chrome tab no url is displayed (would normally show google.ie) and a similar but different screen is displayed.

Regarding the no network issue, try disabling the network adaptor power save mode (guide here)

Nick

Advertisement