Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fault Update

Options
  • 05-02-2016 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi

Looking for an update please on Ref 2096999 which was logged last Saturday and we haven't heard anything since.

No been a good experience so far as previously logged the issue on the website and received an email confirmation but when I rang for an update on Saturday they had no record of the fault.

Thanks
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

jspuds wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for an update please on Ref 2096999 which was logged last Saturday and we haven't heard anything since.

No been a good experience so far as previously logged the issue on the website and received an email confirmation but when I rang for an update on Saturday they had no record of the fault.

Thanks
    J

Hi jspuds

I see your case has been identified as a large fault and thus escalated to the network repairs team under reference number EIR-FNC-13484334 

At present the route of the issue is still under investigation however I have been assured by networks that this has been prioritized due to the delays and they hope to have a full resolution within the next three working days.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks
    J

Hi jspuds

I see your case has been identified as a large fault and thus escalated to the network repairs team under reference number EIR-FNC-13484334 

At present the route of the issue is still under investigation however I have been assured by networks that this has been prioritized due to the delays and they hope to have a full resolution within the next three working days.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for the update Al

Hi

Thanks
    J

Hi jspuds

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for the update Al
    No problem at all jspuds

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Don't forget to claim two months line rental back from Eir(com)

Repair: if eircom fails to clear faults within 2 working days customers can claim the equivalent of two months line rental. - See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp#sthash.NK0NMSdD.dpuf

Its not automatic you have to register a complaint.

Update:

Two gruff engineers arrived today without making any kind of arrangements.  They spent a few minutes inside checking the NTU asked where the line came into the house then left without a word and we haven't heard anything since.  No idea if its supposed to be fixed or they have to come back.

Have to say I'm very disappointed how Eir handled this case and the company has gone down in my estimation.

Could you please look into this for me?

• Advertisement

Update:

Two gruff engineers arrived today without making any kind of arrangements.  They spent a few minutes inside checking the NTU asked where the line came into the house then left without a word and we haven't heard anything since.  No idea if its supposed to be fixed or they have to come back.

Have to say I'm very disappointed how Eir handled this case and the company has gone down in my estimation.

Really sorry to hear this jspuds

Please leave this with me and I'll get back to you asap

Al

Update:

Really sorry to hear this jspuds

Please leave this with me and I'll get back to you asap

Al
    Hi Al

A much nicer engineer called back today but unfortunately I wasn't in.
    He checked the line, climbed up the pole outside and then said that the speed was too high and would get that dropped.

My issue is the speed in not the root cause (confirmed with tech on the phone) as getting noise on the line.  Don't mind if the speed is dropped slightly for stability but not accepting a really low speed if they can't be bothered to find the problem

Could you let me know what the current status is please also would be interested in getting a rebate as its taken two weeks to get this far?

Thanks
    J

This is going from bad to worse.

Nothing back from the reps here or from Eir support so had to ring again yesterday.  Seems my case was just sitting there waiting to book an engineer which will be the third visit... arranged for Tue.

From what i can see all the last engineer did was drop the speed down which of course didn't fix the problem plus we never heard from him again.

Going on for 3 weeks now without Internet, next step complaint to Comreq me thinks as seems to be the only way to get this ******* useless company to do their job.

Very disappointed Al that you never go back to me as was expecting a bit more support.

Another Engineer out today and claims to have found water damage on the line and has fixed it. I won't be able to verify that its working until later this evening.

What is the process for claiming compensation for service loss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Another Engineer out today and claims to have found water damage on the line and has fixed it.  I won't be able to verify that its working until later this evening.

What is the process for claiming compensation for service loss?
    You can only claim the line rental back for 2 months if your PHONE isn't working if your internets not working you have to complain and get what you can. Call Eircom and ask who to call to register a complaint there's a number to call don't have it to hand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement