Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyonce - Croke Park

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Sorry to be the one to give ye both good and bad news but ticketmaster have her croke park tickets up on the site for a day or so now but they all seated but hope ye get a good set! 305 for 2 tickets a bit too much for me now!
    qwerty1991 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I don't know whats going on with Ticketmaster but you can go on now and get practically any ticket in the american express presale (including Golden Circle). ANYONE can get them, it doesn't seem like you need a code or anything - just go on to ticketmaster....I don't know how long they will stay on sale till ticketmaster cop!

Also Tidal members presale starts right now - 10am but hardly seems necessary when anyone can get the tickets already :D

An American Express card is required to carry out the transaction. Only AMEX customers can purchase the tickets that are currently on sale.

bigpink wrote: »
    What presales is there going on?

There is an American Express pre-sale currently going on. It means you can buy a ticket provided you have an American Express card with which to complete the transaction.

Tomorrow morning at 10am there will be an MCD pre-sale. MCD will be posting the details tomorrow morning on Twitter and Facebook.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

DareGod wrote: »
    There is an American Express pre-sale currently going on. It means you can buy a ticket provided you have an American Express card with which to complete the transaction.

Tomorrow morning at 10am there will be an MCD pre-sale. MCD will be posting the details tomorrow morning on Twitter and Facebook.
    Whats a mcd pre sale?

Whats a mcd pre sale?

MCD are the company promoting the concert in Ireland.

www.mcd.ie
    www.twitter.com/mcd_productions
    www.facebook.com/mcd.productions

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/698121500176621568

A Tidal pre-sale also began at 10am this morning, for people with an active Tidal subscription. I don't know if they are still available or not.
    www.tidal.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Is her new album (if or when there is one) going to be a tidal exclusive do you reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

There is only seats left on the Tidal pre sale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

So its just a normal mcd sale or a lottery?

Tasden wrote: »
    Is her new album (if or when there is one) going to be a tidal exclusive do you reckon?

Her new album is coming out before she starts her tour and there's no way to know if it'll be a Tidal exclusive or not. Rihanna's latest album was released as a free download on Tidal so it's not necessarily a bad thing if it is.

So its just a normal mcd sale or a lottery?

No lottery system involved whatsoever.

Ticketmaster will put a limited amount of tickets on sale tomorrow morning. Those will be available for purchase in the normal way. The only difference is that you will require a special code to access the sale. That code will be revealed by MCD on their Twitter and Facebook pages tomorrow morning before 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

An American Express card is required to carry out the transaction. Only AMEX customers can purchase the tickets that are currently on sale.

Ah Right ok sorry i never got that far in to check but does look like ally the seats by the front are gone. It'll be sold out in no time when they go on general sale a nice tactic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Her new album is coming out before she starts her tour and there's no way to know if it'll be a Tidal exclusive or not. Rihanna's latest album was released as a free download on Tidal so it's not necessarily a bad thing if it is.

Where did you hear about it being released before the tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Has anyone who bought tickets in the presale been able to print them out? Picked up some standing tickets just there through tidal but ticketmaster is saying tickets cant be printed at the moment. (Have an order number and all so sale definitely went through)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Easypeasey

Hi all

Was browsing ticketmaster and saw the AMEX pre sale thought I'd chance my luck on tics.. I didn't get to find the disappointment that I needed an Amex card (was stupidly hoping was some bug!!) anyway the reason I didn't complete transaction is because of the INSANE ticket prices

Cusack lower section 319 (I would class that Davin end): 150Eur per tic
    Pitch standing gen admission: 110Eur per tic
    Cusack upper section 704 row X (3from back!!): 80Eur cheapest available

Is it just me or is anyone else shocked at the prices?? I genuinely am?! She will play a 90min show, beyond section 331-336 and 301-306 you won't be able to see a speck of her but on the screens and the sound in croke park can be an absolute disaster

I really hope the public don't buy into this rip off prices. A huge teenage fanbase, the poor parents having to fork out for these.

Bruce Springsteen I know has sold out 2nights at similar prices but he will play 3.5hour show, he's 67 prob not likely to be playing much more live, and is a world renowned showman amd his tic prices have always been at the top end. No surprise there. Beyonce yes.

I'm a big disappointed fan now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

ceegee wrote: »
    Has anyone who bought tickets in the presale been able to print them out? Picked up some standing tickets just there through tidal but ticketmaster is saying tickets cant be printed at the moment. (Have an order number and all so sale definitely went through)

No, just bought 2 standing tix there and still not able to print out. Maybe after the presale ends?

Easypeasey wrote: »
    Hi all

Was browsing ticketmaster and saw the AMEX pre sale thought I'd chance my luck on tics.. I didn't get to find the disappointment that I needed an Amex card (was stupidly hoping was some bug!!) anyway the reason I didn't complete transaction is because of the INSANE ticket prices

Cusack lower section 319 (I would class that Davin end): 150Eur per tic
    Pitch standing gen admission: 110Eur per tic
    Cusack upper section 704 row X (3from back!!): 80Eur cheapest available

Is it just me or is anyone else shocked at the prices?? I genuinely am?! She will play a 90min show, beyond section 331-336 and 301-306 you won't be able to see a speck of her but on the screens and the sound in croke park can be an absolute disaster

I really hope the public don't buy into this rip off prices. A huge teenage fanbase, the poor parents having to fork out for these.

Bruce Springsteen I know has sold out 2nights at similar prices but he will play 3.5hour show, he's 67 prob not likely to be playing much more live, and is a world renowned showman amd his tic prices have always been at the top end. No surprise there. Beyonce yes.

I'm a big disappointed fan now!!

No I'm not shocked because unfortunately these are standard prices now for performers of Beyonce's category. They are actually priced lower than a lot of other artists' tickets.

Irritated by it? Yes. Shocked? No.

Tasden wrote: »
    Where did you hear about it being released before the tour?

The Twitter account that announced her new single before anyone else, her tour before anyone else (including the Croke Park dates and Bruce's two dates too), and much more before anyone else, have announced that her album will be out before the tour. They have always been 100% correct. They have "inside info."

MCD pre sale started, go to their facebook for link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Just got hold of a mates Amex and picked up two gold circle tickets for the missus :

Beyonce
    Croke Park, Dublin,
    Sat 9 Jul 2016, 17:00

Details: Beyonce

Order for: ************
    Seat location: section GOLD2
    Total Charge: €240.20

Whats nuts is the stand tickets are €150 each and the Gold Circle Enclosure tickets are €115 i.e. €70 cheaper for a pair for right in front of the stage !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

anyone got a presale code that they are willing to share ? PM appreciated .

yabadabado wrote: »
    anyone got a presale code that they are willing to share ? PM appreciated .

You don't need one. Just click here

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/9cgd3o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

I assume Gold area is standing? Bringing 12 yr old. Other affordable option is top of Cusack 3 rows from back( €74.50) Gold at €114 seems so much more better 'value'..

xraylady wrote: »
    I assume Gold area is standing? Bringing 12 yr old. Other affordable option is top of Cusack 3 rows from back( €74.50) Gold at €114 seems so much more better 'value'..

You will NOT be allowed in on pitch tickets with a 12 year old

Don't buy them.

yabadabado wrote: »
    arent Gold Circle €229.50 each ?

its very confusing, took me a while to figure out

from what I can see gold circle are 229 each IF you want the early entry option that lets you go into the section before other gold circle ticket holders.

which is a bit stupidly more expensive really.

The regular gold circle were €240 for 2 tickets incl fees on the Amex presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Bandara wrote: »
    its very confusing, took me a while to figure out

from what I can see gold circle are 229 each IF you want the early entry option that lets you go into the section before other gold circle ticket holders.

which is a bit stupidly more expensive really.

The regular gold circle were €240 for 2 tickets incl fees on the Amex presale.

I copped that and deleted my post,incase your wondering where my post went!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Over 110e for standing...no thank you, left the tickets.

Also offered upper cusack but really far away seats and from past experience sound was rubbish that far away and you really can't see a lot. Mehmet.

Would prefer an o2 gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

dashdoll wrote: »
    Over 110e for standing...no thank you, left the tickets.

Also offered upper cusack but really far away seats and from past experience sound was rubbish that far away and you really can't see a lot. Mehmet.

Would prefer an o2 gig.

i did the same when i saw the price 110 euros for standing.ya can keep them. no way i was paying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

MCD dropped the ball on this gig putting it on sale so close to the Bruce Springsteen gigs.
    Dont know what they were thinking .
    She will play a 90min show

90 minutes is too short ,especially for an outdoor gig. 2 hours is minimum I would expect if paying 100 bob.
    She will probably spent 10 minutes of that changing her clothes and mime half of the tracks.

Beyonce seems to want to milk the public dry ,her Golden Circle ticket prices are an outrageous 180 euro in London and Zurich.
    155 in Amsterdam .

Zardoz wrote: »
    MCD dropped the ball on this gig putting it on sale so close to the Bruce Springsteen gigs.
    Dont know what they were thinking .

90 minutes is too short ,especially for an outdoor gig. 2 hours is minimum I would expect if paying 100 bob.
    She will probably spent 10 minutes of that changing her clothes and mime half of the tracks.

Beyonce seems to want to milk the public dry ,her Golden Circle ticket prices are an outrageous 180 euro in London and Zurich.
    155 in Amsterdam .

I wouldn't think they have the same audience, so it wouldn't really make a difference when it went on sale, it seems to be selling good?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

I have seen her several times and she plays more than 90 mins! Also her prices are pretty standard for gigs these days. Croke park is always dearer aswell. And the prices will appeal to people up north coming down for the gig as the sterling to euro conversion won't be so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If you are paying over €100 then 90 minutes is a pathetic amount of time to play. With someone like Beyonce she could easily play a lot longer

Advertisement