Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyonce - Croke Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Ryaners210 wrote: »
    Just wondering would lower 321 davin stand tickets be good tickets ???

Davin stand will be down the back opposite end from where the stage will be

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've never seen as many people trying to offload tickets for a big gig before as much as this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

FitzShane wrote: »
    I've never seen as many people trying to offload tickets for a big gig before as much as this one.

Seems to be loads of tickets around ,especially Davin end .
    Promoters sell the worst seats first and people buy tickets .
    Alot of people on holidays too so plans have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Cmnp4SeWcAAZV4x.jpg

No Mention of Supporting Acts

• Registered Users Posts: 86,590 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cmnp4SeWcAAZV4x.jpg

No Mention of Supporting Acts

Did she have any and did JayZ show up for a duet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

FitzShane wrote: »

girlfriend is at it and uploaded a pic to her instagram. A good few empty seats and certainly a lot of standing room free also. Looked on toutless for the craic and so many people looking to sell tickets alright and for under face value in the main at the last minute trying to get rid. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

How in God's name could they let her go to Wimbledon today and then rush back for the gig. What if there had been a bombscare at the airport or something. Crazy, the people who organised it must have had their heart in their mouth all afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Just home from the gig, walked.

The good:

Beyoncé's music is a bit meh but her live shows are great and tonight was no exception.

Visuals were projected on a rotating vertical monolith, Beyonce was accompanied by seven dancers for most of the show. A more sparse and sombre affair than the Mrs Carter Show but that's the Lemonade album for you!

Her vocal prowess combined with dance routines is unparalleled and reminiscent of Jacko in his prime.

Dare I say though she deemed tonight a bit dead behind the eyes? I feel bad saying that given how professional she was but something was a bit off.

There were a few hard rock (even prog rock) moments which I thought worked far better in the stadium setting than the r&b material.

The Bad:

The crowd were the worst I've ever seen (and I rarely complain about crowds). Were there lots of freebies given out for this gig?

Drunk, actually falling over, rude, disrespectful, non stop beer trips and zero interest in watching the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

How in God's name could they let her go to Wimbledon today and then rush back for the gig. What if there had been a bombscare at the airport or something. Crazy, the people who organised it must have had their heart in their mouth all afternoon.

I would say she had a cushy little private plane that wouldn't be affected by such things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Dare I say though she deemed tonight a bit dead behind the eyes? I feel bad saying that given how professional she was but something was a bit off.

The Bad:

The crowd were the worst I've ever seen (and I rarely complain about crowds). Were there lots of freebies given out for this gig?

Drunk, actually falling over, rude, disrespectful, non stop beer trips and zero interest in watching the act.

Agree with these points. She seemed tired and not really there. She kept fixing her hair and messing at her face so I'm guessing something wasn't sitting the way it should.

Lots of empty seats. And the people around us were so rude. And they constantly kept going in and out for drinks, disrupting everyone each time. And i don't mean the odd drink, I'd say they went out about 11 or 12 times. Keeping in mind that they were annoying people on the way out and the way back in, it was a pain in the ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭talkto

I'd say she's just fed up of touring, at this point. This is the first of her tours that I haven't bothered going to, because I watched a lot of clips of it online over the past few months and it's definitely totally lacking the excitement of her previous tours. Maybe she's just over the whole thing.

I would say she had a cushy little private plane that wouldn't be affected by such things!

exactly. I doubt she flew out of Gatwick or Heathrow either. Having said that not the best in terms of image I don't think or the best preparation for a show.

Anyway the GF loved the show and is on the lash in town with her mates and cousins now... to the poster complaining about rude, disinterested pissed up twats... the reality is that these types of events attract 'event junkies' as all the festivals and even smaller gigs do these days. People with little interest or passion for music but there for the social aspect, to upload selfies on social media, tell everyone they were there, boost to the ego and hunt for likes. As for any of the finer points of the performance... standard answer.,.. " well yaaa she was deadly " :rolleyes:

Tasden wrote: »
    Agree with these points. She seemed tired and not really there. She kept fixing her hair and messing at her face so I'm guessing something wasn't sitting the way it should.

Lots of empty seats. And the people around us were so rude. And they constantly kept going in and out for drinks, disrupting everyone each time. And i don't mean the odd drink, I'd say they went out about 11 or 12 times. Keeping in mind that they were annoying people on the way out and the way back in, it was a pain in the ass.

They really should have an alcohol-free zone set up at these gigs. The drunks really do ruin it for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Cracking picture from The Garda's hellychopperyoke, looks only half full

croker_zpscmlpils0.jpg

I'd say that pic judging by the light for a start was well before the gig started. Also the photos I saw showed it far from a sell out but lots more people then that pic.. cool photo all the same..

Wow, great pic!

The standing tickets have been unavailable on the Ticketmaster website since shortly after it went on sale. I was checking every few weeks. So, something doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

talkto wrote: »
    They really should have an alcohol-free zone set up at these gigs. The drunks really do ruin it for everyone.

Was at Kodaline last night and was same thing. Pile of young ones there for the shift and didn't care less about the music. Rude also bumping into you and not apologising, I'm only 30 but I felt like a 60 year old there everyone was so young. And this constant will Griggs on fire, I love a good football chant but that moment has well passed at this stage! Keep the chants for August when league is back. Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I'd say she's just fed up of touring, at this point. This is the first of her tours that I haven't bothered going to, because I watched a lot of clips of it online over the past few months and it's definitely totally lacking the excitement of her previous tours. Maybe she's just over the whole thing.

The tone of the show was different than other tours but that's the direction she's gone musically. The big trashy pop anthems were still there though.

Putting the awful crowd aside, the show was the most spectacular and ambitious in terms of staging I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot). I loved it and it was wasted on that crowd.

FWIW it seemed pretty full to the brim in there tonight from where I could see, other than the closed off area behind the stage and one block which directly faced the stage.

I'm not sure if tired of touring is what I was picking up from her, more someone under a lot of pressure.

Pious14 wrote: »
    Was at Kodaline last night and was same thing. Pile of young ones there for the shift and didn't care less about the music. Rude also bumping into you and not apologising, I'm only 30 but I felt like a 60 year old there everyone was so young. And this constant will Griggs on fire, I love a good football chant but that moment has well passed at this stage! Keep the chants for August when league is back. Rant over

If you go to a Kodaline gig you kinda have to expect you are gonna be surrounded by little scobie hunzo mongs who wouldn't have much of a handle on what good music actually is or interested in it at all... hmm Kodaline.. really ? :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Strumms wrote: »
    If you go to a Kodaline gig you kinda have to expect you are gonna be surrounded by little scobie hunzo mongs who wouldn't have much of a handle on what good music actually is or interested in it at all... hmm Kodaline.. really ? :eek::pac:

My only interest was walking on cars to be honest-Xmas present to better half! I would rather Kodaline to Beyonce tho and in fairness they were very good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

It was an amazing concert. She puts on some show

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

The production was the biggest I've seen, that big screen in the middle that moved really was amazing. She puts on a great show.

The tone of the show was different than other tours but that's the direction she's gone musically. The big trashy pop anthems were still there though.

Putting the awful crowd aside, the show was the most spectacular and ambitious in terms of staging I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot). I loved it and it was wasted on that crowd.

FWIW it seemed pretty full to the brim in there tonight from where I could see, other than the closed off area behind the stage and one block which directly faced the stage.

I'm not sure if tired of touring is what I was picking up from her, more someone under a lot of pressure.

Was the stage not just a walkway and a giant screen thing?

Was the stage not just a walkway and a giant screen thing?

Haha this was what i was thinking,it was a giant block screen :pac:
    The walkway had a splash zone too and there was a bit of acrobatics and the crazy in love frame box thing. I think because I had seen it on youtube already at previous gigs, it didn't have that wow factor though.

Find it odd to be honest that people can talk about the concert and it's mainly about the stage, the screen and the enormity of it all. I know it's a big production and stage show etc but I find it interesting that in the aftermath nobody has much to say about the music or is that secondary to..

1. saying you were there
    2. being there and having the selfie's and the instagram uploads to prove it
    3. something to talk about at work on Monday.
    4. Increases your Hunzo level +2
    5. The brand worship of queen Bey and being part of this.

Does the music matter ? Is it the most important thing or secondary to some or all of the above...

Find it odd to be honest that people can talk about the concert and it's mainly about the stage, the screen and the enormity of it all. I know it's a big production and stage show etc but I find it interesting that in the aftermath nobody has much to say about the music or is that secondary to..

1. saying you were there

Does the music matter ? Is it the most important thing or secondary to some or all of the above...

People going to a beyonce show as a fan will expect the music/vocals to be spot on. She's an established artist and is known to give her all vocally in every performance. I would only pass comment on the music if it was negative because it's a given that the music will be good, that's why you go to a concert, you enjoy their music. The stage, performance, lighting, spectacle etc can differ so that's what people discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Her music has changed. I bought the tickets when they went on sale and before I knew much about her new album. I still haven't watched the lemonade videos other than what is readily available on you tube because I won't pay for tidal. Last night she put on an amazing show with perfect vocals and choreography. That's what she does. She is mainstream though and that is always going to make some people dislike her.

1. saying you were there

You opened your post by saying that the concert is being discussed as if the music was secondary to "the stage, the screen and the enormity of it all"

...but then in your list of things that you're complaining about people discussing instead of discussing the music, you didn't mention "the stage, the screen and the enormity of it all" at all;

so are you complaining about people discussing the stage or not?

If you get a min you might let us know what we're allowed discuss. Thanks!

Tasden wrote: »
    People going to a beyonce show as a fan will expect the music/vocals to be spot on. She's an established artist and is known to give her all vocally in every performance. I would only pass comment on the music if it was negative because it's a given that the music will be good, that's why you go to a concert, you enjoy their music. The stage, performance, lighting, spectacle etc can differ so that's what people discuss.

This is correct. The quality of Beyonce's performances is not an interesting topic to those of us who have seen her live many many times. She's top class through and through and many of us are more than fully familiar with this fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭derb12

I went there without any great expectations as I'm not that familiar with lemonade but I have to say I was blown away by the whole show - the music, the staging, the dance moves, the lighting effects, the water feature ... All of which just highlighted beyonce's unbelievable vocal skills. Yes I saw a few saddos very studiously lining up their good side for the perfect selfie during the show but I saw thousands of revellers having a great night, me included.
    Baffled as to why so many posters on here are willing it to have been a **** concert when it just wasn't!
    Totally different vibe to the boss a few months back but I enjoyed this one differently but equally.

Advertisement