Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyonce - Croke Park

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

derb12 wrote: »
    I went there without any great expectations as I'm not that familiar with lemonade but I have to say I was blown away by the whole show - the music, the staging, the dance moves, the lighting effects, the water feature ... All of which just highlighted beyonce's unbelievable vocal skills. Yes I saw a few saddos very studiously lining up their good side for the perfect selfie during the show but I saw thousands of revellers having a great night, me included.
    Baffled as to why so many posters on here are willing it to have been a **** concert when it just wasn't!
    Totally different vibe to the boss a few months back but I enjoyed this one differently but equally.

It's interesting that all the naysayers on here didn't actually go.

Spectacular show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

foxy06 wrote: »
    Her music has changed. I bought the tickets when they went on sale and before I knew much about her new album. I still haven't watched the lemonade videos other than what is readily available on you tube because I won't pay for tidal. Last night she put on an amazing show with perfect vocals and choreography. That's what she does. She is mainstream though and that is always going to make some people dislike her.

That's the culture we live in. Dour, retrograde imaging and acoustics equals critical approval.

A Trump victory in November should put paid to all that :). Culture thrives under conservative regimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

talkto wrote: »
    Strumms wrote: »
    Find it odd to be honest that people can talk about the concert and it's mainly about the stage, the screen and the enormity of it all. I know it's a big production and stage show etc but I find it interesting that in the aftermath nobody has much to say about the music or is that secondary to..

1. saying you were there
    2. being there and having the selfie's and the instagram uploads to prove it
    3. something to talk about at work on Monday.
    4. Increases your Hunzo level +2
    5. The brand worship of queen Bey and being part of this.

Does the music matter ? Is it the most important thing or secondary to some or all of the above...

You opened your post by saying that the concert is being discussed as if the music was secondary to "the stage, the screen and the enormity of it all"

...but then in your list of things that you're complaining about people discussing instead of discussing the music, you didn't mention "the stage, the screen and the enormity of it all" at all;

so are you complaining about people discussing the stage or not?

If you get a min you might let us know what we're allowed discuss. Thanks!

Nobody is complaining and certainly not dictating what people can discuss.. read my post again and try and compose yourself before you reply...

It was an obversation on my behalf regarding said artist and the discussion about the concert which seems to be centered on here and elsewhere about various aspects of the performance but the discussion about the music.. what was played and so on.. music highlights, setlist etc.. seems to not be to the forefront of the discussion... I just find that as a music fan and a fan of live music in particular .. odd..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Strumms wrote: »
    Nobody is complaining and certainly not dictating what people can discuss.. read my post again and try and compose yourself before you reply...

It was an obversation on my behalf regarding said artist and the discussion about the concert which seems to be centered on here and elsewhere about various aspects of the performance but the discussion about the music.. what was played and so on.. music highlights, setlist etc.. seems to not be to the forefront of the discussion... I just find that as a music fan and a fan of live music in particular .. odd..

As a music fan and beyonce fan, I checked the setlist beforehand and knew what to expect, right down to the prince tribute and which version of crazy in love she would be doing etc. so it didn't warrant discussion. There is not much music wise that was unexpected. She has only released her latest album recently so people would've discussed that at the time.
    People are going to discuss the live elements of the live show, the stuff that changes with each live show, not the music that most of us know inside out- the music which was discussed earlier in the thread upon her latest album release.

One of my highlights was definitely Rocket, it's one of my favorites by her but had no idea what it would be like live.... One of the sexiest performances ever :o that chair routine...!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

One of my highlights was definitely Rocket, it's one of my favorites by her but had no idea what it would be like live.... One of the sexiest performances ever :o that chair routine...!

I found that part so boring :o
    Think the chair routined worked better with partition, but it is very sexy!

Advertisement