Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car park or similar spot for driving lessons?

Options
  • 05-02-2016 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a quiet car park/ industrial estate / similar in or near the city where I could give a family member some introductory driving lessons in the evening time? It's really just for familiarisation of the car controls etc. before they start lessons with a qualified instructor, but they are nervous so I don't want to do it on an open road.

I was thinking of the Harvey Norman car park but I'm not sure if that would be open between 7-8pm on week nights, does anyone know?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Can't you just drive out for a look? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I think most people have started out learning in the industrial estate its usually fairly quiet in the evenings and weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

Can't you just drive out for a look? :eek:

Of course I can, but sure I can just ask here in the mean time can't I...??? Might save me a bit of diesel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Harvey Norman car park. Has Roundabouts and all. The BnQ half is very quiet to learn how to drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Harvey Normans in the evening is quiet enough ive seen a few people learning just over in the right hand corner as you drive in,but the northern extension industrial estate would be quite too down by the post office

• Advertisement

Of course I can, but sure I can just ask here in the mean time can't I...??? Might save me a bit of diesel ;)

You're giving someone driving lessons and you're worried about saving diesel!!!
    Leave the car where it is and buy them a bike.

You're giving someone driving lessons and you're worried about saving diesel!!!
    Leave the car where it is and buy them a bike.

For the love of Jesus it was a joke, a little bit of lightheartedness, an attempt at levity. But hey, thanks for your contribution anyway :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Learned in the industrial estate, it's ideal for it. Would recommend it as a good place to learn the basics

For the love of Jesus it was a joke, a little bit of lightheartedness, an attempt at levity. But hey, thanks for your contribution anyway :rolleyes:

Apologies DV! I wasn't in a good place. :cool:

Apologies DV! I wasn't in a good place. :cool:

No bother at all QF happens to the best of us, hope you're in a better place now :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement