Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2016 - Louth Constituiency

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

No apology needed :)

I understand your position and its obvious that SF are indeed playing the long game. What I don't like about it is that it's now we need a government not in the next term.

It's very easy to be popular in opposition, it's only in government you have to answer to the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

So how's it all working out.are we any closer do you think? FF's manifesto before the election was to abolish the water tax but it's back on board it seems and is being negotiated on.Thats why SF closed up any terms for them going into government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Ged Nash elected to Seanad, Former senator Jim D'arcy not re-elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

doncarlos wrote: »
    Ged Nash elected to Seanad, Former senator Jim D'arcy not re-elected.

Colm Markey failed as well

http://www.thisisardee.ie/2016/04/27/ardee-chair-markey-fails-seanad-election-bid/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

The percentage changing their vote would be negligible but SF could lose some support, based solely on what people who voted for them have said to me, because of their total lack of interest in forming a government.

well then they are really silly people then as SF stated that they wouldnt go in as a minority?

Funnilly enough, some FG/FF voters have said similar to me re: their parties performance since they were elected and leaving the country without a govt for over 60 days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mada999 wrote: »
    well then they are really silly people then as SF stated that they wouldnt go in as a minority?

Funnilly enough, some FG/FF voters have said similar to me re: their parties performance since they were elected and leaving the country without a govt for over 60 days

They wouldn't be a minority if they went in, as it would be a majority government but then again SF have mixed that term up endlessly of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

:rolleyes: No matter what happens it's always SF's fault for some people about here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

:rolleyes: No matter what happens it's always SF's fault for some people about here.

I don't know what you're talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Of course! :p

People recognise that SF are quite happy in opposition as to be in government and faced with some pragmatic and difficult choices would damage the moral high ground that they believe allows them shout loud across the chamber.

Advertisement