Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged Twice

Options
  • 05-02-2016 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello,

I was just in Tesco & was at self-service checkouts, I paid by Visa but put in the wrong pin. This happened twice. When I got home I noticed on my online statement that I've been charged twice. The exact same amount twice. Why was this & how do I rectify it? 

Thank you for your time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon kate357,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

In this type of situation, the transaction should correct itself once the retailers systems run over night. If in the event that this does not happen, you can call our customer services representatives tomorrow on 0818 365 365 or submit a secure email via the Online Service desk on 365Online.

We hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

Unlikely if you entered your PIN in incorrectly.  Maybe they have 2 amounts in pending and the amounts will be re-instated in a couple of working days. 

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kate357

Thanks for replying

Advertisement