Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Gamebred wrote: »
    Love to know why no media has drawn attention to the fact the kinahans were given round the clocked armed protection when they were at the funeral of Byrne,they had armed security soon as they came through arrivals at Dublin Airport and would be given it again if they come back to Dublin,none of this armed protection is given to the opposite side funny in this fued funny that.
    Was there none at the funeral of Eddie Hutch then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Another question if I may.

Do you think the Penguin will get involved. ? Or why would he bother, it certainly wouldn't be worth the hassle unless he involved in the take over bid from the start ? Or Even though some of his partners brothers are married into the hutches,

I remember in the early 90 he nearly went to war with the hutches over his now deceased soninlaw Derek dunne, after one of the monks burned his house down and DD had to leave the city. So why would he help them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

But the paper doesn't own you! good evening to ya sir clearly stuck in your aul ways!

The paper pays him, do you think he will write articles here for nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Hi all. I was blocked from this thread for a week for "trolling" and have just returned and read the last couple of pages and see that Michael O'Toole has been posting. IMO, he is definitely one of the better crime hacks out there and I would have a lot more respect for him than I would have for the Indo and SW journos.

I saw some mention of encrypted comms. Telegram app is often used and it has peer to peer encryption and also has a self destruct function.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

You guys clearly don't need to worry about contempt, defamation, etc. But we do.

Erm...i know of a couple of gentleman that you have defamed. Then again the dead cant defend themselves can they now 'mick' regardless of their misdeeds... Defamation is defamation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

The paper pays him, do you think he will write articles here for nothing?

Why make himself known to this thread today just to try get a rise or locked thread.

Snippets pointers hints anything but gave nothing totally respect his right to make bread and I've nothing against micheal.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Michael O Toole

Why make himself known to this thread today just to try get a rise or locked thread.

Snippets pointers hints anything but gave nothing totally respect his right to make bread and I've nothing against micheal.

As I said, I only saw it for the first time today. It's quite interesting. A lot of you seem deluded/paranoid/up your own holes.

Good to see.

Another question if I may.

Do you think the Penguin will get involved. ? Or why would he bother, it certainly wouldn't be worth the hassle unless he involved in the take over bid from the start ? Or Even though some of his partners brothers are married into the hutches,

I remember in the early 90 he nearly went to war with the hutches over his now deceased soninlaw Derek dunne, after one of the monks burned his house down and DD had to leave the city. So why would he help them.

Money, I suppose. Or an opportunity. From what I understand, and it's not gospel -I only hear a fraction, like everyone else - he was approached by the Hutchs. But I don't think they got the response they wanted. However, he did tentatively ask the Kinahans, through one of his people, if there was a chance of peace. Again, the response was negative.
    This thing is still in its infancy. Nobody knows what will happen next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭Esel

As I said, I only saw it for the first time today. It's quite interesting. A lot of you seem deluded/paranoid/up your own holes.

Good to see.
    You're supposed to use a smilie when you're joking.

Oh, wait... :eek:

Not your ornery onager

Good to see.

Your true colours coming threw there mick!!sure you cant answer anything because it's your bread and butter Im not up anyone hole maybe the other two descriptions I am but definitely not up no1s hole!

As I said someone praised you from this thread I got some leads from your Twitter or people you follow and credited you the other day for a lead.

But we should leave it at that nothing personal.

• Advertisement

Your true colours coming threw there mick!!sure you cant answer anything because it's your bread and butter Im not up anyone hole maybe the other two descriptions I am but definitely not up no1s hole!

As I said someone praised you from this thread I got some leads from your Twitter or people you follow and credited you the other day for a lead.

But we should leave it at that nothing personal.

It was merely a general observation. But don't get worked up. You're all anonymous, so my comments mean nothing, really.

It was merely a general observation. But don't get worked up. You're all anonymous, so my comments mean nothing, really.
    Some might think they are anonymous.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

I hear there's good money in nattering lately, say use lot are millionaires!

Well Michael you have brought some drug dealing/armed robber sympathisers back into the thread with your presence, and they admire you too!
    :)

Will take more than that mick to work me up this thread is threatening your bread and butter nice to see you trying to protect it!im not totally anonymous😃let's leave it at that before you lose an avid reader of yours!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Aloneagain

Esel wrote: »

Call them out by name Esel !!!

Shut up Daniel! :D

Aloneagain wrote: »
    Call them out by name Esel !!!
    Let me finish counting them first! :)

Not your ornery onager

Shut up Daniel! :D
    Shut up yourself, 'Bam Bam', or I'll tell 'Barney' and 'Betty' you're still awake. :)

Not your ornery onager

I must say, this is a fascinating thread. Have spent much of this evening reading it. Hats off to you all.
    Wish I'd seen it weeks ago.

• Advertisement

I must say, this is a fascinating thread. Have spent much of this evening reading it. Hats off to you all.

Some of us could make a decent "hack", what you reckon Michael? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

you'd wanna fix your location there micko boi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Mick is the best crime journo these days, I'm not just saying that cos he posted either. S Breen in the Sun is good also. Only thing is I dont buy the Star really and it doesnt have much of an online so just go off his twitter. SW not as much in it as the old days. But I would have a gander more since its a weekly one. And as much nonsense they print, they did get the Regency pictures!

Well Michael you have brought some drug dealing/armed robber sympathisers back into the thread with your presence, and they admire you too!
    :)

Ah, the bould Bam Bam. Have you considered a career in journalism yourself? You have a remarkable way of not only distorting facts but for just making up shít. You accused me of being friends with drug dealers when all I said was that I knew a lot of them. Anyone who grew up in my area would equally know a lot of people who have sold drugs. While they may not be my friends, and while I would not necessarily admire them, I don't know any one of them who is so petty that they would run crying to report someone who highlighted their bad grammar.

You can report this post too if you want. But to purposely goad someone for a response that you can report says more about you than it does about me. And with that, I will put you on "ignore", as I don't think that you have contributed anything to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

bajer101 wrote: »
    I've been doing a fair bit of thinking about all of this today and I have decided to bow out of this thread. There is a natural public appetite for these stories. it is real life Love/Hate and Sopranos. Sure The Sunday World and Paul Williams have made a very good living from feeding on this natural curiosity.

I may have been viewed as someone who had a bit more information than the general public, and as such some of my posts may have served to feed this curiosity. This no longer sits easy with me. I think what made me have a major re-think was seeing the letter that Gareth wrote expressing fear of having his child witnessing him being killed and then seeing the video of him being killed. You would have to have a heart of stone to think that someone deserves that, (although some posters here who consider themselves to be fine upstanding citizens, think it is ok for a fellow human's life to be just extinguished).

Gareth Hutch. A father who had his son stay with him four nights a week, shot down in a pool of blood (and vomit, according to witness, which means that he didn't die straight away. He was alive long enough to puke). His son won't be with him for 4 nights next week. And all the people who had to witness that and then had to talk to their kids that night and try to explain what happened!(Ah but sure, fúck em, they're only northside inner citiers, what do I care!).

And it started off with Gary Hutch. Chased around the apartment complex, knowing that his life was about to come to an end. Can you even begin to imagine what that would feel like? And then just ending up in a pool of blood.

And then Davy Byrne. The same. The last moments of his life being chased and then ending up in a pool of blood. And then Eddie Hutch and innocent Martin O'Rourke and Noel Duggan, and Micky Barr and now Gareth Hutch. All humans who are now dead.

Anyway, I digress. I just wanted to say that I don't right about contributing to this thread as it become an object of entertainment and I don't think that people being murdered should ever be entertainment.

Thanks.
    The drama of this! And yet here you are AGAIN.

Anyone know if for example an individual was gone on the run or in hiding (which is now becoming common!), if they logged onto their Facebook in a different country on a public type computer or someone elses, would be that be difficult for Gardai to trace?

Would it be relatively straightforward and reasonably quick to trace them, or would they have to jump through hoops with Facebook, court orders etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Anyone know if for example an individual was gone on the run or in hiding (which is now becoming common!), if they logged onto their Facebook in a different country on a public type computer or someone elses, would be that be difficult for Gardai to trace?

Would it be relatively straightforward and reasonably quick to trace them, or would they have to jump through hoops with Facebook, court orders etc?

Probably be easy enough to trace, seeing as they'd probably do a check in.

Tilly wrote: »
    The drama of this! And yet here you are AGAIN.

The drama of you searching through my past posts! I am still interested in the thread, but the point of the post I made was that I wouldn't be making posts that eulogised these murders or that contributed to fascination.

Facebook don't hand over broad data requests.
    But, In 2011 gardaí used an accused’s Facebook friends list to show he had closer links with alleged kidnappers than he initially let on. He was later jailed for sourcing a vehicle for the alleged kidnappers.

• Advertisement

You do know who invented the internet?

Not your ornery onager

You do know who invented the internet?

The Feds invented everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Facebook don't hand over broad data requests.
    But, In 2011 gardaí used an accused’s Facebook friends list to show he had closer links with alleged kidnappers than he initially let on. He was later jailed for sourcing a vehicle for the alleged kidnappers.

I'm pretty sure FB will hand over anything if requested unless they have a reason not to.
    FB is used in cases all the time to prove things like the case you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    MOD
    This is exactly the type of hearsay and speculative sh*te that is going to get this thread shut down. There have been enough warnings to stick to the truth and facts.

Sorry mod but it was printed in the media thought i could mention it here

http://
    www.
    sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/prison-hitlist-revealed-as-inmates-clash-over-gangland-feud

m
    .independent.ie/irish-news/news/pictures-gardai-raid-flats-in-crackdown-on-gang-led-by-major-drugs-trafficker-31596388.html

.sundayworld.com/news/fat-john-ordered-hit-on-murder-inc-mob-boss-dundon

Back to the biggest gang and threat to this state since Ra times!the k cartel have really frighting links to all limerick gangs suppose money is money!!alot more links than that just a snippet that's out there.

Jebus, I thought you only had to have 25 posts before you could post links? You have over 60!

Don't be slicing them up at this stage - most people won't bother reconstituting them.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

bicky cant ya post proper links yet? thought it was 50 posts or something?

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure FB will hand over anything if requested unless they have a reason not to.
    FB is used in cases all the time to prove things like the case you mentioned.
    Yeah be interesting to know, I also heard the opposite that they dont like giving out info unless absolutely necessary. Bit like Apple vs FBI recently.

I can well imagine guards can use public photos, posts, friends lists and as far as Im aware they can force people to give up their passwords to get the rest eg chat messages, and use technology to get deleted stuff. But someone in a different country, location unknown I dont think they could trace them from Facebook login, without significant hassle!?

I tried six times to post proper links still won't let me boards servers sais no not even in singles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

But someone in a different country, location unknown I dont think they could trace them from Facebook login, without significant hassle!?

From this - https://www.facebook.com/safety/groups/law/guidelines/

U.S. Law
    We disclose account records solely in accordance with our terms of service and applicable law, including the federal Stored Communications Act ("SCA"), 18 USC sections 2701-2712. Under US law:
    • A valid subpoena issued in connection with an official criminal investigation is required to compel the disclosure of basic subscriber records (defined in 18 USC section 2703(c)(2)), which may include: name, length of service, credit card information, email address(es) and a recent login/logout IP address(es), if available.

International:
    How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
    We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our Services. Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases made with Facebook, may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.

relax bicky...

• Advertisement

I should have said nothing to mickthehack it's in his name😞

www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/prison-hitlist-revealed-as-inmates-clash-over-gangland-feud

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/pictures-gardai-raid-flats-in-crackdown-on-gang-led-by-major-drugs-trafficker-31596388.html

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/fat-john-ordered-hit-on-murder-inc-mob-boss-dundon

Back to the biggest gang and threat to this state since Ra times!the k cartel have really frighting links to all limerick gangs suppose money is money!!alot more links than that just a snippet that's out there.

Fixed.

AFAIK it's a big deal to officially get access to someone's Facebook account.
    I seem to remember a recent case where the DPP were applying to a US court, to do just that.

[quote

Massive Heroin seizure yesterday![/quote]

Good spot didn't bat an eyelid to it yesterday, k cartel associate no major convictions surveillance operation trying to hit them where it hurts the pockets a good bit to go yet but it's a start!

Is there any sort of drug shortage around any part of Dublin because of the feud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Giz a job

Giz a job
    You forgot the headbutt.

I actually laughed. Not out loud, but I laughed.

Not your ornery onager

[quote

Massive Heroin seizure yesterday!

Good spot didn't bat an eyelid to it yesterday, k cartel associate no major convictions surveillance operation trying to hit them where it hurts the pockets a good bit to go yet but it's a start!

Is there any sort of drug shortage around any part of Dublin because of the feud?

A certain person on here surely knows the answer to that, 50 times over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

A certain person on here surely knows the answer to that, 50 times over :)

Asked a friend who works with addicts she said no sign of a shortage but that seizure might make a difference.

20Cent wrote: »
    Asked a friend who works with addicts she said no sign of a shortage but that seizure might make a difference.

I guess it might take a while for the effect to trickle down.

20Cent wrote: »

The pawn caught with it must be bricking themselves!
    There is a lot to be said for all these shootings adding pressure to the guards!
    Seems they do actually work well under pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The Alley Cat

Interesting article here (not the stuff about Christy's daughter).

(Just highlight the whole URL below and drag it into your tabs bar to save you from rebuilding the link manually.)

www.
    thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/7190540/Hell-for-Dons-grown-up-girl-She-is-in-constant-fear-that-someone-will-learn-who-her-father-is.html

The same guy on the run after the Gareth Hutch murder is now the chief suspect in the shooting of Eddie Hutch too. The previous suspect from Finglas has an alibi for that evening apparently.

Also, it mentions that 6 cars were used to transport the crew involved in the Regency shooting after it had taken place.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement