Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

In fairness we are talking The Sun here before I even read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The Alley Cat

In fairness we are talking The Sun here before I even read it.

I know what you mean man, but I don't find them any better or worse than the rest when it comes to covering crime. It is always just a matter of weeding through the unnecessary stuff to find a few tidbits of interesting and useful info that may or may not be true. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

I know what you mean man, but I don't find them any better or worse than the rest when it comes to covering crime. It is always just a matter of weeding through the unnecessary stuff to find a few tidbits of interesting and useful info that may or may not be true. :D
    Sitting on the fence if ever I saw it !:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

bajer101 wrote: »
    Ah, the bould Bam Bam. Have you considered a career in journalism yourself? You have a remarkable way of not only distorting facts but for just making up shít. You accused me of being friends with drug dealers when all I said was that I knew a lot of them. Anyone who grew up in my area would equally know a lot of people who have sold drugs. While they may not be my friends, and while I would not necessarily admire them, I don't know any one of them who is so petty that they would run crying to report someone who highlighted their bad grammar.

You can report this post too if you want. But to purposely goad someone for a response that you can report says more about you than it does about me. And with that, I will put you on "ignore", as I don't think that you have contributed anything to this thread.

Mod:

You already tried to leave this thread, but can't help returning and posting in an uncivilised manner.

Don't post here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The Alley Cat

chillin117 wrote: »
    Sitting on the fence if ever I saw it !:D

Well, yes and no. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

humberklog wrote: »
    Arrested at the scene (his cousin eventually goes to prison for his part in the same heist), he skips bail, a costly extradition process ensues. He's returned to the jurisdiction and brought to court where he's acquitted.

Nothing to see here...

I wonder do the criminal courts keep transcripts of what was said in court? I'd love to know because all the media have ever reported was 'he was aquitted', we never got to find out exactly why the DPP couldn't pin the armed robbery on him. Which is hard to fathom given his cousin served time for it.
    Is there any sort of drug shortage around any part of Dublin because of the feud?

I'd been wondering the same but I haven't heard anything of a drought. Which is also a bit strange to think that we have this massive feud with daylight murders going on and yet all the time in the background it appears the cartels drugs are still managing to get in. It must be a well oiled machine if a feud on this scale isn't even putting a dent on their trafficking activities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Any sign of Gerry at the funeral? I read during the week that he didn't particularly like Gareth, but like a lot of media reports that may or may not be true.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Michael O Toole

Any sign of Gerry at the funeral? I read during the week that he didn't particularly like Gareth, but like a lot of media reports that may or may not be true.

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Nope.

Any idea why he was not as his own nephews funeral?

Any idea why he was not as his own nephews funeral?

As has been written, fear of the Kinahans killing him and the cops arresting him. More likely the former, though.

As has been written, fear of the Kinahans killing him and the cops arresting him. More likely the former, though.

It's not a case of a fued within the Hutch family?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I wonder do the criminal courts keep transcripts of what was said in court? I'd love to know because all the media have ever reported was 'he was aquitted', we never got to find out exactly why the DPP couldn't pin the armed robbery on him. Which is hard to fathom given his cousin served time for it.

I know some courts keep audio recordings of proceedings.

It's not a case of a fued within the Hutch family?

No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

I'd say if Gerry shows his face back here at the moment he'll be treating himself to a free 7 day holiday.

• Advertisement

No.

Does Anyone else think Gerry Hutch has nothing really to do with this fued?
    Maybe his nephews are more than capable of planning things them selves?

If he was part of the cause surely he can be brave enough to go to his own nephews funeral?

If he was part of the cause surely he can be brave enough to go to his own nephews funeral?

He is the number one target of the Kinahans. Make of that what you will.

I'd say if Gerry shows his face back here at the moment he'll be treating himself to a free 7 day holiday.
    It's like a fire in your house and your not allowed go home and put it out :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

nothing would happen without his say

nothing would happen without his say

I don't have a clue I'm just guessing but all these tough boys thinking there gangsters.........
    Surely they don't jump when Gerry says jump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Dinny Byrne has Angina

Muahahaha wrote: »
    All courts have digital audio recording, but it can't ordinarily be accessed, even by counsel, except on application to the Court prior to an appeal against conviction.

It would be no use to you anyway. A decision to acquit or convict a defendant is ordinarily that of a jury, and obviously, there is no transcript of jury deliberations.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I don't have a clue I'm just guessing but all these tough boys thinking there gangsters.........
    Surely they don't jump when Gerry says jump?

They are gangsters. The reality of gangsters doesn't fit the Hollywood narrative and image though.

It's more a case of having to ask if they can jump rather than being told to jump.

They are gangsters. The reality of gangsters doesn't fit the Hollywood narrative and image though.

It's more a case of having to ask if they can jump rather than being told to jump.

What I meant in other words was....

These full time mad bastards and lunatics who are up to there eye balls in all sorts and think there so hard , how in gods name are they all controlled by an uncle?

All courts have digital audio recording, but it can't ordinarily be accessed, even by counsel, except on application to the Court prior to an appeal against conviction.

It would be no use to you anyway. A decision to acquit or convict a defendant is ordinarily that of a jury, and obviously, there is no transcript of jury deliberations.

Was it even a jury though and not a special criminal case? I don't know as there is nothing to be found on the case. Which is more than odd. An extradition case doesn't happen every week and certainly not with a Hutch name attached. Both of these circumstances would usually be given some news coverage.

These full time mad bastards and lunatics who are up to there eye balls in all sorts and think there so hard , how in gods name are they all controlled by an uncle?

They aren't. But this would've been an exceptional instance requiring a lot organising and essentially knowing they were pressing the nuclear button. Enter the Monk.

They aren't. But this would've been an exceptional instance requiring a lot organising and essentially knowing they were pressing the nuclear button. Enter the Monk.

I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its called respect

Its called respect

And that is something all these saucy bastards have in bundles?

I respect my uncles too but they don't tell me what to do!

Any body else surprised that with the intelligence Christy Kinahan was born with and the education he gave himself that he'd allow his son to take up his role in the underworld?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Its called respect

And fear.

The monk didn't get his reputation and control from being a monk. a alter boy, He has/had a formidable reputation in gangland and was well respected, The future doesn't look to bright for him now though unless he can get some sort of deal/peace with the costas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The Kinahans have to be seen to deal with this feud decisively, as their crime partner are watching in places in likes Mexico and Colombia.
    It will be interesting to see if the reach/financial clout of the Dapper Don is enough to get to those who become or have already become state informants.

The future doesn't look to bright for him now though unless he can get some sort of deal/peace with the costas.

Surely deal/peace will never again be an option with these two gangs?

I doubt that too. I'd say it will take a Homestore + more scenario to end it, you know, "When they're gone they're gone"

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I doubt that too. I'd say it will take a Homestore + more scenario to end it, you know, "When they're gone they're gone"

At the end of the day there will be some sort of deal done, it mighten be for a while yet, it might be after either the monk and a few more or dk and a few costas are taken out, either by prison or killed, But it will happen. Business is Business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The Kinahan side hold all the aces.. They can keep this going as long as they choose. They are the ones that have the power, the money and the reach across the ocean to Dublin to get things done while being out of harms way themselves. The Hutch side on the other hand do not seem to have these resources. It will stop or at least die down when the Kinahan guys come to the decision that the heat from the cops on the street just is bad for business and it's impacting the bottom line... as in money.. Wouldnt be surprised however if they will let it die for a bit and then take out the remainder of the Hutch's in time or at least try to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Any idea why the Kinahans want The Monk so badly?
    wasn't there a failed attempt before all of this started? - Well, before it all got a little bit more crazy..

In gangland there's always someone on the wings just waiting to become the new kid on the block & attempt to take over the patch. I can't see both of these gangs coexisting after all that's gone down. One will be reduced to nothing and the stronger one will then have to deal with the replacement and on and on it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

He has an awful lot to do with this feud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Allyall wrote: »
    Any idea why the Kinahans want The Monk so badly?
    wasn't there a failed attempt before all of this started? - Well, before it all got a little bit more crazy..

I have no idea whether it's true or not, but he seems to be widely viewed by the media and general public as the 'godfather' of the Hutch mob and therefore being involved in planning, financing or giving some sort of go-ahead for the Regency attack.

As far as I can see, the Kinahan side have so far only gone after people who were in some way reported/rumoured to have been involved in the Regency attack rather than indiscriminately attacking anyone who is or has any connection to a Hutch (of course they did kill that poor lad on Sheriff St. but that was mistaken identity).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

The Kinahans have to be seen to deal with this feud decisively, as their crime partner are watching in places in likes Mexico and Colombia.
    It will be interesting to see if the reach/financial clout of the Dapper Don is enough to get to those who become or have already become state informants.

i disagree.
    business and money is number 1 . when business suffers sufficiently they will look to end this.
    an obsession with street-cred keeps criminals poor and dead , good business makes them rich.

The cartel business partners don't give a hoot about what grief is happening in dublin...they care about where the k lads can pay for their product.
    also they will know that money and business will trump street cred any day.

I'm pretty sure the cartel want the lady in drag dead, be it on the streets or in prison.
    Once that happens, things might calm down for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I'm pretty sure the cartel want the lady in drag dead, be it on the streets or in prison.
    Once that happens, things might calm down for a bit.

Well she's currently locked up so that won't be happening anytime soon and I doubt she'll be put anywhere near the K gang in prison just like her brother.

Tilly wrote: »
    Well she's currently locked up so that won't be happening anytime soon and I doubt she'll be put anywhere near the K gang in prison just like her brother.

We are talking about Irish justice system here Tilly!
    She might walk or get a small sentence.
    Only matter of time I'd say.

Its called respect

This thread is getting like The Sopranos :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

We are talking about Irish justice system here Tilly!
    She might walk or get a small sentence.
    Only matter of time I'd say.

Ah I don't know. Examples need to be made out of all of this and real sentences need to be used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Any body else surprised that with the intelligence Christy Kinahan was born with and the education he gave himself that he'd allow his son to take up his role in the underworld?
    Crime does pay if you're smart about it, that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

I cant see there been any peace deal between these two gangs a deal was made at the beginning that gary hutch wouldn't be killed and the cartel went back on it theres no trust and no going back too many people have been killed and too many people who are seeking revenge. About the monks involvement from what i heard he was reluctant to get involved at the beginning but did so as a favor to a grieving brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GANGSTAGEE

I cant see there been any peace deal between these two gangs a deal was made at the beginning that gary hutch wouldn't be killed and the cartel went back on it theres no trust and no going back too many people have been killed and too many people who are seeking revenge. About the monks involvement from what i heard he was reluctant to get involved at the beginning but did so as a favor to a grieving brother.

That's true the Kinihans won't stop and the Hutch's can't stop no peace deals here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

GANGSTAGEE wrote: »
    That's true the Kinihans won't stop and the Hutch's can't stop no peace deals here

Even if they both agreed to stop, there's no way in hell they could trust each other to keep the peace.

What I heard was that the hutches agreed to pay over 200k to the boxer who was mistakenly shot in compensation, and they never paid a penny and had no intentions of ever paying as they had other plans in the pipeline.

Someone with intelligence and balls and that had the backing by serious players started this, and I doubt if it was the unfortunate GH, It had to be someone who thought it was doable and thought he could run the costas operations, if not the monk who else would it have been ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement