Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GANGSTAGEE

What I heard was that the hutches agreed to pay over 200k to the boxer who was mistakenly shot in compensation, and they never paid a penny and had no intentions of ever paying as they had other plans in the pipeline.

Someone with intelligence and balls and that had the backing by serious players started this, and I doubt if it was the unfortunate GH, It had to be someone who thought it was doable and thought he could run the costas operations, if not the monk who else would it have been ?

Don't know if it was ever to intelligent but the nephews would certainly have the balls. I think they got idea's of grandeur and that put them all under threat then in steps the monk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

GANGSTAGEE wrote: »
    What I heard was that the hutches agreed to pay over 200k to the boxer who was mistakenly shot in compensation, and they never paid a penny and had no intentions of ever paying as they had other plans in the pipeline.

Someone with intelligence and balls and that had the backing by serious players started this, and I doubt if it was the unfortunate GH, It had to be someone who thought it was doable and thought he could run the costas operations, if not the monk who else would it have been ?

Don't know if it was ever to intelligent but the nephews would certainly have the balls. I think they got idea's of grandeur and that put them all under threat then in steps the monk
    If Gary felt safe enough to move back to Marbella after almost a year on the run, some sort of a deal must have been made though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Antartic creature?

If Gary felt safe enough to move back to Marbella after almost a year on the run, some sort of a deal must have been made though.

Yes one of a double crossing nature which I don't think the Monk would have fell for if he knew the whole story.

Yes one of a double crossing nature which I don't think the Monk would have fell for if he knew the whole story.
    What they tried to pull the year before would also have to count as a double cross.

The only reason the nephews thought they could move in on the cartel was because Gary had inside knowledge and they could drag the Monk in if needed.
    Turned out well for them didn't it?

What they tried to pull the year before would also have to count as a double cross.

Yes but they obviously thought they got away with it and fooled the Kinihans no?

Yes but they obviously thought they got away with it and fooled the Kinihans no?
    Maybe. Silly thing to think though, Kinahans have hardly reached this level or lasted this long by being made fools of.

Maybe. Silly thing to think though, Kinahans have hardly reached this level or lasted this long by being made fools of.

Very true but that can't be said about most criminals

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

He was brought back into the fold on order to set him up.
    They needed to prove Gary Hutch was leaking.

• Advertisement

They run a clean operation!
    So much so that he's a celebrity in the boxing scene and the media have only started making them public enemy number 1 since all the murders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Aloneagain

When Gilligan`s chief assassin is whacked in the near future it`s game, set and match to GH... K mob have taken out only the subsoil, the H`s have the upper hand presently !
    CK is a self educated man, how he left Bill and Ben in control beggars belief ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Aloneagain

When Gilligan`s failed assassin is whacked in the near future it`s game, set and match to GH... K mob have taken out only the subsoil, the H`s have the upper hand presently !
    CK is a self educated man, how he left Bill and Ben in control beggars belief ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

This is an interesting thread. Speculation,assertions and even national journalists.

I saw, in today's paper's, photo's of a "gangland" funeral.

I did not see limo' after limo' or kids with puffed out chests riding horse's and traps.

I did see ,tucked away somewhere, an article about Sheriff Y.C. It was kind of uplifting to see that some folks are trying for their community,and sadly, saying that they cannot even get sponsorship from the banking/financial groups they live cheek by jowl with.

I hope that journalist here rides into town and kicks ass .I hope he ask's questions of" those who have" and of whom"much is expected".

I don't know any character's or personalities involved in this story.I can only imagine the fear and impotency of some folks. Folks who's hero's are actually anti hero's. A bit of a Thrill mixed with a lot of grief and heartache.

There is a journalist here who could go into that community and ask them what/how they feel.What they feel they lack. How could their kid's be supported, in a way, that would put an end to another generation of what we see today.

Or, that Journalist can come on here...with vague hint's that he know's stuff but cannot say.

Go for the other side of the story.Put a light on what we should all be supporting.

Then, maybe then...we might see change. Positive, long lasting change.

Use your Journalistic skills.I guess most here don't have those skills,but would get right behind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

humberklog wrote: »
    He was brought back into the fold on order to set him up.
    They needed to prove Gary Hutch was leaking.

Have you media or openly available sources to back that allegation up? Otherwise it's just speculation. By a MOD of all people. As my first post, I feel obliged to refer you back to the first post of this thread. NO GOSSIP, NO SPECULATION.

Aloneagain wrote: »
    When Gilligan`s failed assassin is whacked in the near future it`s game, set and match to GH... K mob have taken out only the subsoil, the H`s have the upper hand presently !

The Kinihan mob couldn't give 2 hoots for gilligans failed assassin they'll probably take him out themselves a loose canon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

humberklog wrote: »
    I think the story needs to go a little further back than that: Gary Hutch was suspected by the cartel for being responsible for a number of drugs busts both here and in England. The English bust was a big deal in that it brought down a large crime gang in the north east with a lot of lengthy prison sentences for the main players.

What I've never understood was why when it was felt that Gary Hutch was an informant did some people, in May 2014, decide to spray graffiti to that effect all over the inside of the church* where they thought the funeral of Christy Kinahan's ex-wife was about to take place. That never made any sense to me as surely if it was someone close to the Kinahan's, they would have wanted to show respect for Christy's wife, even if members of the Hutch family were due to attend (no idea if they were or not). Bizarrely the name Keith Kinlan was included in the graffiti and it was suggested Gary had grassed him up at some point. Garda said at the time they were baffled.

*they actually got the wrong church.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/graffiti-spray-painted-on-walls-of-church-ahead-of-christy-kinahan-wifes-funeral-30248094.html

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/we-reveal-robber-named-in-graffiti-accusing-gary-hutch-of-being-a-rat

That's been widely reported in many media outlets. I neither have the time or the interest at the moment to spend my morning searching just to appease you.

Lots of new registrations on the forum lately just to post in here.
    Even had one of them PM me to ask do I know who the hit men are :pac:

The big question for the newbs is, which side are you aligned to? (Not that it isn't obvious)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

The big question for the newbs is, which side are you aligned to? (Not that it isn't obvious)

I tend to ignore any newbys asking questions or just jumping in with out contributing to the thread in a informative manner..as for getting pm to ask names..if they don't no by now who was involved they will never know.

I tend to ignore any newbys asking questions or just jumping in with out contributing to the thread in a informative manner..as for getting pm to ask names..if they don't no by now who was involved they will never know.

If they are hacks, they are ****e at their job!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Yeah, there's some right ropey characters after turning up lately, I get the impression that some might want to get this thread closed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

The free flowing,natural debating direction of this thread has gone for me the last few nights and I doubt if it can be got back.

Why do the(papers) have a young Hutch family member over the front page (side of page) this person now maked out to be the next gangster? Appaently from here he's is not a major criminal and is most definitely seriously grieving family members?

Is there anyone here besides affected family members who go out to buy a paper for the gang related headlines?doubt it!

The inquest into David Byrne murder was postponed yesterday because of continuing gardai investigation he had to be identified by finger prints I watched an unedited video for the first time of the aftermath and with being here all along I still don't know how many times he was shot!

This thread is hated by lots and cherished by many!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

so gardai are believed to have prevented another hit this week anybody know anything about this?

www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/fat-freddie-and-kinahan-cartel-thugs-blow-12-5k-on-posh-hotel-suite

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mr H 1974

On neither side. Intrigued to see whether the H's will/are able to retaliate and what their next move is though.

• Advertisement

so gardai are believed to have prevented another hit this week anybody know anything about this?

www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/fat-freddie-and-kinahan-cartel-thugs-blow-12-5k-on-posh-hotel-suite

I think that's just lazy journalism, and a load of horse****, Then at the very end he throws in Garda have stopped another hit.

Well of course I am sure they have, as by just being there in most cases by there presence, as there are right now people plotting and planning against each other in how to kill.

I do suppose that crime journalists have a quota to fill and as most people couldn't give a rats about the feud (as for the most part it doesn't affect them)

They can get away with printing and saying what they want and putting it down to there sources, I think most of there sources are in the betting's shops and drinking pints with the few Garda thrown in.

Maybe auld Michael can enlighten us a bit more, without divulging his sources :p Are yis all in competition with each other or do you pool info, exclusives obvisiouly not. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciapen

Gilligan`s shooter stopped near his house this week and taken away in handcuffs by ERU. Heard nothing since so must have been let out. They`re keeping him under close watch. Don`t know if he had any role in the feud so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

ciapen wrote: »

Gilligan`s shooter stopped near his house this week and taken away in handcuffs by ERU. Heard nothing since so must have been let out. They`re keeping him under close watch. Don`t know if he had any role in the feud so far.

Apparently he has a watertight alibi for Eddie Hutches murder. So they now dont believe it was him. But I'd find it hard to believe he hasnt be involved in some way. His name has been mentioned countless times. I feel there is alot of disinformation being put out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

I think that's just lazy journalism, and a load of horse****, Then at the very end he throws in Garda have stopped another hit.

Well of course I am sure they have, as by just being there in most cases by there presence, as there are right now people plotting and planning against each other in how to kill.

I do suppose that crime journalists have a quota to fill and as most people couldn't give a rats about the feud (as for the most part it doesn't affect them)

They can get away with printing and saying what they want and putting it down to there sources, I think most of there sources are in the betting's shops and drinking pints with the few Garda thrown in.

Maybe auld Michael can enlighten us a bit more, without divulging his sources :p Are yis all in competition with each other or do you pool info, exclusives obvisiouly not. ?

I would have to agree with the lazy journalism conclusion! With all the news hounds sniffing around the dustbins for scraps! None of them seeming to have a real source! Or the source's they do have are invariably glue sniffers, handbag snatchers and three-card trick merchants!

The media have almost lost all credibility that is perhaps why most people are now coming here now to read the opinions and discussions of you guys! Even the tabloid hacks are watching in the hope of gleaning something! Obviously they are becoming skeptical of their hitherto reliable "sources" within the Garda! One little starlet has certainly plummetted since the demise of her best source and the scrutiny in the force of her relation!

Newbys Newbys Newbys what is it with snobbery on public forums?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Newbys Newbys Newbys what is it with snobbery on public forums?

It's not snobbery, it's weariness and it's completely understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

The Kinihan mob couldn't give 2 hoots for gilligans failed assassin they'll probably take him out themselves a loose canon.

actually i've held a belief that the cartel will need to accommodate the hutch family and part of the peace deal will be a shafting of the finglas man / Gilligans tormentor ...he'll be handed over for eddie hutch so the hutches save some face.

arayess wrote: »
    actually i've held a belief that the cartel will need to accommodate the hutch family and part of the peace deal will be a shafting of the finglas man / Gilligans tormentor ...he'll be handed over for eddie hutch so the hutches save some face.

You could be right but there are deffo 2 fellas the costas will want down to, 3 if you include the monk.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Keep hearing the monk has a property empire.... Anyone know what properties? Types?

leonards wrote: »
    Keep hearing the monk has a property empire.... Anyone know what properties? Types?

Monks Estate & Letting Agents

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/estate-agents/contactBranch.html?branchId=63679&fromButtonId=link-middle

check him out :D

:P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

You could be right but there are deffo 2 fellas the costas will want down to, 3 if you include the monk.
    In my opinion the KCartel will not make any face saving accommodations for the Hutch Faction! I think in the light of the Regency Hotel attack I would imagine the KCartel would be a total and abject defeat for Hutch Faction! With no quarter for anyone involved in the perpetrating of the Regency Hotel attack!

I cannot see that happening. I dont think they need to appease or accomodate anyone, thats why there wont be a peace deal. The only thing that will deter them is heat from the law threatening their bottom line. There will be no face saving, the Hutch side has nothing to offer, and dont seem to be any threat. They may put the feud on the long finger though let it die down a little.

Mr H 1974 wrote: »
    On neither side. Intrigued to see whether the H's will/are able to retaliate and what their next move is though.

I dont think they are. It is June now, nothing since February which appears to be a one off. They needed the backing of other groups, but it appears Limerick, Traveller gangs and the so called New INLA are on the cartel side. Southern Dissidents are not a force anymore. Northern groups want nothing to do with this. British gangs, Penguin etc, no help there either it seems.

One thing I dont get is, where was the Plan B for the Regency. And even if Plan A worked to perfection, they would still be ****ed!? Did they think an international cartel would just lay down and hand over the reigns? Or did they even want the reigns was this just a personal revenge mission. In either case there is still something not adding up for me. I feel someone else was pulling strings. They knew how outresourced they were yet they done it anyway. Maybe they had backing that disappeared after the Hotel job went wrong and were left to fend for themselves?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I believe the version that said Gary's father and brother wanted revenge badly, and the Monk said no. Take your/our time, It's too risky.

But they went in hell for leather anyway, and f*cked everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Allyall wrote: »
    I believe the version that said Gary's father and brother wanted revenge badly, and the Monk said no. Take your/our time, It's too risky.

But they went in hell for leather anyway, and f*cked everything up.

Strangely enough their hasn't been any attempt to get at owl patsy H I wonder why that is, I haven't even heard of him being a target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Fat Freddie apparently coming down strong on dealers to pay for gang war according to Sunday World

When they have nothing to go on they always bring out this story, it's actually quite embarrassing

Benteke wrote: »
    Fat Freddie apparently coming down strong on dealers to pay for gang war according to Sunday World

When they have nothing to go on they always bring out this story, it's actually quite embarrassing
    Sunday World in a nutshell really. One minute printing a story about how Freddie and Liam Roe are living the high life spending over 12 grand on hotel rooms just last weekend, Literally 12 hours later they print that they're so cash strapped that they're cracking heads over small drug debts all over Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Sunday World in a nutshell really. One minute printing a story about how Freddie and Liam Roe are living the high life spending over 12 grand on hotel rooms just last weekend, Literally 12 hours later they print that they're so cash strapped that they're cracking heads over small drug debts all over Dublin!

They just spent 12 grand so they're cash strapped, makes sense really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

Man found dead in Tallaght with gunshot wounds. RTE notification to my phone.

edit : http://www.thejournal.ie/tallaght-2807013-Jun2016/

Mech1 wrote: »

Is it murder though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

tomofson wrote: »
    Is it murder though?

It is believed the body had a number of gunshot wounds.

It is believed the body had a number of gunshot wounds.

Yeah so it seems that way I wonder who this one could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

An hour has passed and no mass media linking to the feud, I'd say unrelated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Just another day in Tallaght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

An hour has passed and no mass media linking to the feud, I'd say unrelated.

They have not identified him yet according the the independent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement