Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Tzardine wrote: »
    They have not identified him yet according the the independent.

They would know anyone connected to that feud so I would say it is unrelated the gardai would know them boys on site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Was lured to an alleyway and shot 6 times, sounds serious enough but not related to "the feud".

Hope this isn't another innocent victim of gangland!

Was lured to an alleyway and shot 6 times, sounds serious enough but not related to "the feud".

Do you know who it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

The Tallaght scene is a bit disconnected. Murders tend to be small-time drug dealers or possibly linked to old debts/fueds. Certainly no major links.

If there are links it will be linked to Drimnagh-Crumlin side of this (so Kinahan) albeit hard to know in what sense.

Clondalkin is always a possibility.

• Advertisement

scopper wrote: »
    The Tallaght scene is a bit disconnected. Murders tend to be small-time drug dealers or possibly linked to old debts/fueds. Certainly no major links.

If there are links it will be linked to Drimnagh-Crumlin side of this (so Kinahan) albeit hard to know in what sense.

Yeah when a killing happens in tallaght its usually over petty stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

tomofson wrote: »

I think this just sums up how it doesn't matter what new emergency legislation, media hyperbole saturation, mini-cabs, arrests, charges (and dodgy charges), international crime fighting squads etc are brought in. These guys just dont give a flying **** and it's a losing ( edit: lost) battle for the gardai regardless of what the outcome of the whole Kinahan/ Hutch thing is.

According to a commenter on the journal its the other gunman in GH's murder

Do you know who it was?
    No, but I'd say scopper is right it's probably small time dealers with some sort of debt or dispute. Alot of clowns running around now coked up with access to serious firearms.

No, but I'd say scopper is right it's probably small time dealers with some sort of debt or dispute. Alot of clowns running around now coked up with access to serious firearms.

Someone on the Journal said its the other gunman in GH murder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

No way they could say that at this point. Unless they were involved.

Tzardine wrote: »
    No way they could say that at this point. Unless they were involved.

Or know a family member who just got a phonecall, But yeah id say your right its just speculation.

Seems a silly thing for someone to say as that info could only be insider, even if it is filtered though that's someone saying that they know.

Could well be, but the location fits previous petty Tallaght-esque fueds for sure.

Seems a silly thing for someone to say as that info could only be insider, even if it is filtered though that's someone saying that they know.

Could well be, but the location fits previous petty Tallaght-esque fueds for sure.

I would say most likely you are right, but at the same time you would be amazed how fast word can travel they wouldn't necessarily have to have been involved or even know anyone involved to know that basic information. Word travels at an incredible speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

The statement shows how cheap life has become in Ireland.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    TH statement shows how cheap life has become in Ireland.

Yes it has got cheap especially in those circles. Although tallaght has been fairly quite recently

TH statement shows how cheap life has become in Ireland.

Sad, but very much true. When I hear about killings here I do sort of just go, I wonder if it was x or y (the local heads who are on top until...they are not).

I would say most likely you are right, but at the same time you would be amazed how fast word can travel they wouldn't necessarily have to have been involved or even know anyone involved to know that basic information. Word travels at an incredible speed.

True, I will note comments on journal.ie have been good before for getting the names right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

True, I will note comments on journal.ie have been good before for getting the names right.

And someone has backed him for his info saying
    " I would take his word on that"
    so he must have been right before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

https://twitter.com/ridiculousmickj

"just commented on.."

All the way down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Just another day in Tallaght

Yeah there's a killing everyday... Fool

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Allyall wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ridiculousmickj

"just commented on.."

All the way down.
    Yes but "other person" = new INLA on the run well known to the Guards guy no? Would have been identified straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Yes but "other person" = new INLA on the run well known to the Guards guy no? Would have been identified straight away.

i was thinking that too. suppose let's wait and see.

The statement shows how cheap life has become in Ireland.

Yes people are being murdered, peppered with bullets for stuff that years ago would only be beating with a baseball bat or at most a knife. Too much coke and paranoia. I would say individuals are afraid that if they let someone off with a bad beating, they will come back to see them with a gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Michael O Toole

GH?
    That would be interesting. The cops, and others, were happy enough he had left the state, possibly the island. Maybe he came back, but doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Any word on the identity of the victim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

jobless wrote: »
    Yeah there's a killing everyday... Fool

You don't understand sarcasm

The comment seems to be removed from the Journal, and all of the replies to it.

Taken with a pinch of salt on Journal!
    Speculative.

• Advertisement

GH?
    That would be interesting. The cops, and others, were happy enough he had left the state, possibly the island. Maybe he came back, but doubtful.

I'd believe that quicker than some anon on Journal!

Yes people are being murdered, peppered with bullets for stuff that years ago would only be beating with a baseball bat or at most a knife. Too much coke and paranoia. I would say individuals are afraid that if they let someone off with a bad beating, they will come back to see them with a gun!

Main difference is the amount of crims that think they are untouchable.
    They learned nothing from what happened to Gilligan's crew!
    Add to that none of them have careers, they go from joyriders to armed robbers & hitmen in their 20s.
    It's a new breed with new ideas of what they WILL do if anyone messes with them, ala Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭briany

One of the Hutch gang, or should I say an 'erstwhile' associate of some sort, lives on a little upmarket cul de sac in Loughshinny, and the Gards have set up a police presence at the crossroads checking motorists coming in. Mad to think that such a quiet place could become the scene of some gang aggro.

briany wrote: »
    One of the Hutch gang lives on a little upmarket Cul de Sac in Loughshinny, and the Gards have set up a police presence at the crossroads checking motorists coming in. Mad to think that such a quiet place could become the scene of some gang aggro.

Yeah, the quiet places is where they are all springing up in.
    Best place to hide from prying eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭briany

Yeah, the quiet places is where they are all springing up in.
    Best place to hide from prying eyes.

Don't know about that. Everyone and their mother seems to know he lives there. The Gards have often had a squad car outside his house, just to needle him, I suppose. He financed the development he lives on and he drinks in pubs around the area. He was even in the Yacht bar one night chatting away about what he used to do.

Anyway, it's definitely not that name associated with the GH thing. His name should be released later on.

• Advertisement

Anyway, it's definitely not that name associated with the GH thing. His name should be released later on.

Was the body found in a secluded area?
    Marie, the state pathologist is getting over worked recently :(

So "RidiculousMick" is exactly that...

Allyall wrote: »
    So "RidiculousMick" is exactly that...

Of course!
    There's a "ulickmagee" on there too.
    Troll heaven!

Was the body found in a secluded area?
    Marie, the state pathologist is getting over worked recently :(

Not overly secluded. A couple of houses nearby and just off the N81.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Not overly secluded. A couple of houses nearby and just off the N81.

Is it fued related?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/gardai-confirm-identity-of-man-found-shot-dead-in-remote-laneway-34773672.html

Indo confirms maie 30s gardai have identified said maie and won't release name until all family informed not connected to high profile feud apparently!

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/gardai-confirm-identity-of-man-found-shot-dead-in-remote-laneway-34773672.html

Indo confirms maie 30s gardai have identified said maie and won't release name until all family informed not connected to high profile feud apparently!

I think it's definitely not part of the Hutch/Kinahan feud. But that does not mean there is not a possible link to certain elements within that feud. Not trying to be cryptic, but I have to write it in the paper first.

I think it's definitely not part of the Hutch/Kinahan feud. But that does not mean there is not a possible link to certain elements within that feud. Not trying to be cryptic, but I have to write it in the paper first.

That's understandable!
    We can safely say it's gangland related though.
    How long will it take for us to be shocked by a shooting in Dublin again?
    Were we ever shocked? You might say.

A Superintendent was just on the Radio News, and confirmed that the shooting is not feud related.

HarryStuby wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if the other gang in the Crumlin drimnagh feud see this as an opportunity to take out a few of the fat ones gang, some heavy hitters due to be released soon aswell as their most senior henchman who's mother was attacked by the fat ones gang, I'd imagine he's hell bent on revenge

The man murdered today was released from prison recently, and ties to Crumlin-Drimnagh feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

The man murdered today was released from prison recently, and ties to Crumlin-Drimnagh feud.

Do you know which side the victim was from?

HarryStuby wrote: »
    Do you know which side the victim was from?
    Not the Crumlin one ! 2 people also arrested for witholding information.

So likely someone from the Drimnagh side released after a while inside. There is overlay between the Crumlin guys and the Kinahans so the match would be incidental. They do have their own old scores to settle.

In terms of Tallaght you get a lot of occasional post-Drimnagh/Crumling fued blowback because Tallaght is very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

First the KFC in Finglas attempt now this. Is the crumlin/Drimnagh thing kicking off again?

First the KFC in Finglas attempt now this. Is the crumlin/Drimnagh thing kicking off again?

I would suspect more old threads being addressed than it kicking off again. There has been a lot of delayed revenge in that feud, but it's not "hot".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement