Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The whole family is not getting killed stop with the hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Gamebred wrote: »
    The whole family is not getting killed stop with the hyperbole.

There Family are getting killed 3 immediate family members have got murdered so far.

honey12345 wrote: »
    There Family are getting killed 3 immediate family members have got murdered so far.

3 Criminals,2 suspected of being involved in the hotel logistically none of them are innocent.

3 Criminals,2 suspected of being involved in the hotel logistically none of them are innocent.

No one deserves to watch their family get murdered by junkie scum.

No one deserves to watch their family get murdered by junkie scum.

Its ok for them to murder other peoples family though? the only innocent party killed was the chap in sheriff street so stop talking rubbish there is about 100 hutches 3 criminals shot dead is not a wipe out by any means not one innocent family member has had a hair touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

I dont think they were thinking straight when they went into the regency I think they were a grieving family looking for revenge. I think its very sad to see a whole family getting killed. And there is nothing no one can do to stop it they aren't even able to fight back they are out numbered and havens got the resources it seems to just be the kinahans killing a family one by one.

Gerry doesn't do not thinking straight, perhaps he was never involved but highly doubt it. I'd imagine someone big might have renaged on a deal to go in with them. Could be that they're digging in and waiting to get someone high up not like the kinahans who are just taking low level at the moment

HarryStuby wrote: »
    Gerry doesn't do not thinking straight, perhaps he was never involved but highly doubt it. I'd imagine someone big might have renaged on a deal to go in with them. Could be that they're digging in and waiting to get someone high up not like the kinahans who are just taking low level at the moment

The people that got murdered they were high levels.

Its ok for them to murder other peoples family though? the only innocent party killed was the chap in sheriff street so stop talking rubbish there is about 100 hutches 3 criminals shot dead is not a wipe out by any means not one innocent family member has had a hair touched.

They want to kill almost 30 women and one disabled man. Clearly they have no conscious to even contemplate killing an innocent disabled man - Very sad.

They want to kill almost 30 women and one disabled man. Clearly they have no conscious to even contemplate killing an innocent disabled man - Very sad.

More nonsense,if they wanted innocent women and children they'd get them easily,the cartel are pursuing legit targets (in their eyes) zero evidence to say any woman are targets,theres 2 sides in this neither are innocent.

The people that got murdered they were high levels.

The veteran who was the link between hutch and the ra was, other two I'm not so sure and definitely not Eddie

• Advertisement

Don't believe what you hear in the media, they are not going to start killing innocent women

Don't believe what you hear in the media, they are not going to start killing innocent women

Of course they would. You haven't got a clue. shut up.

I think it's you that doesn't have the clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,528 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ And another fued begins... :rolleyes:

Not your ornery onager

Go back to watching 911 conspiracy documentaries.
    Innocent people are not targets.
    Innocent people get caught in the crossfire.
    There is no "one group is better than the other". Let's make that clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

tomofson wrote: »
    I dont judge people based on what they look like cause im not an egoistical creep. People should be judged on the way they act and treat others not on the way they look.

Anyway enough of the the weird sidetracking any more news on the gangland stuff.

Strange how I got an infraction for this post, yet the individual I referred to is allowed pass judgmental smart remarks on the poor and disadvantaged without any sort of consequence. With rules like this its understandable why some people from disadvantaged backgrounds become violent because the laws make them feel like scum so then they believe they have to act like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Proof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I dont think they were thinking straight when they went into the regency I think they were a grieving family looking for revenge.

not really up on all this - but could it be that the Regency worked out as complete disaster for the Hutchs - by killing one of the Byrnes this just angered the Dublin enforcers for the Kinahans, while leaving all the Kinahan in tact. I would assume the object was to kill D Kinahan and hope this would destabilise the whole Kinahan operation, hasn't Christy more or less retired operation to sons ?

thebaz wrote: »
    not really up on all this - but could it be that the Regency worked out as complete disaster for the Hutchs - by killing one of the Byrnes this just angered the Dublin enforcers for the Kinahans, while leaving all the Kinahan in tact. I would assume the object was to kill D Kinahan and hope this would destabilise the whole Kinahan operation, hasn't Christy more or less retired operation to sons ?

From what we know now and the aftermath that has ensued, it was a futile strike back in anger without pre-emptive planning and poor execution, that has left them devastated.

• Advertisement

I say it has most definitely back fired on them they will never be able to retaliate again against such a big criminal organization again. They are worth over one billion. They are just killing them all of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I say it has most definitely back fired on them they will never be able to retaliate again against such a big criminal organization again. They are worth over one billion. They are just killing them all of

You'd be surprised what people can do when their backs are against the wall. I can't imagine that they are going to stand around and wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I dont think they were thinking straight when they went into the regency I think they were a grieving family looking for revenge. I think its very sad to see a whole family getting killed. And there is nothing no one can do to stop it they aren't even able to fight back they are out numbered and havens got the resources it seems to just be the kinahans killing a family one by one.

I'd say they expected to make a bigger dent in the cartel at the hotel.

I'd say they expected to make a bigger dent in the cartel at the hotel.

that was my point about killing Byrne alone - if D. Kinahan had been killed may (possibly) have de-stabilised the cartel , but Byrne execution has just angered the Dublin crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

that was my point about killing Byrne alone - if D. Kinahan had been killed may (possibly) have de-stabilised the cartel , but Byrne execution has just angered the Dublin crew.

The monk most definitely had some big name/names behind him for the hotel attacks f**ks left him

The way the hutches have been left hang out to dry I say there thankful they didn't get Daniel could you imagine the chaos then if the dappers son!Way worse than now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Aloneagain

The monk most definitely had some big name/names behind him for the hotel attacks f**ks left him

The way the hutches have been left hang out to dry I say there thankful they didn't get Daniel could you imagine the chaos then if the dappers son!Way worse than now!

Apart from Gary Hutch, the KOCG have taken out none of the main players, they got close to taking out the first ERU guy into the Regency on two occasions, but they can't lay a finger on the second one in, their once most trusted hit man..

The Hutch side have shown they have the capacity to pull off a "spectacular" once already, they will prove this again in the not too distant future.

• Advertisement

Aloneagain wrote: »
    Apart from Gary Hutch, the KOCG have taken out none of the main players, they got close to taking out the first ERU guy into the Regency on two occasions, but they can't lay a finger on the second one in, their once most trusted hit man..

The Hutch side have shown they have the capacity to pull off a "spectacular" once already, they will prove this again in the not too distant future.

Ah will you stop!
    It's so obvious from your post that you are aligned to them.
    Speculation is forbidden in here.

Two key players currently locked up in the aftermath of the regency though, most likely can't lay on finger on him as he knows the inner workings of the cartel.

The Hutch side have shown they are spectacularly good at getting themselves killed and would want to come out waving the white flag before theres none of them left.

Its like a big mouth 13 yr old who threatened his brother on someone but then realised the other lad wasn't messing but by that stage its too late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

I believe they possibly would have done something already, and something may have been in the offing only Gardai imprisoned certain individuals! I do not think they have the capacity to do anything like that or near at the minute, and I think the Cartel know this as certain individuals are walking around carefree. But if you corner a dog he will bite back. If an average joes friends and family were getting wiped out, you would assume he would fight back with all his power. And they are not average joes?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SeanGMK

Apart from Gary Hutch, the KOCG have taken out none of the main players, they got close to taking out the first ERU guy into the Regency on two occasions, <b>but they can't lay a finger on the second one in, their once most trusted hit man..<\b>

Why is it that he is so untouchable? I've seen a few people mention that here in some way or another. The Cartel seem far too powerful. What is it about this guy?

• Advertisement

SeanGMK wrote: »
    Why is it that he is so untouchable? I've seen a few people mention that here in some way or another. The Cartel seem far too powerful. What is it about this guy?

They would kill him as quick as anyone else he just makes himself hard to get, but people can only be careful for so long before they slip up.

Hutch group too small easier watch no big bucks in comparison to k cartel whatever big names backed them decerted them, less lackies

K cartel endless money,endless supply of lackies to do dirty work, serious international connections abroad not that the monk hasn't!

Still a brother two nephews a long time friend and drag lady in prison for this has to hurt they only got Byrne guards are all over this now lost enough ground.

I believe the money not being paid back started this all with an international gangsters notions of controlling k cartels empire after Gary's murder not him being a rat! Who knows though??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

How is it such common knowledge who the two lads dressed in the ERU gear were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I'm starting to think how many of these Dublin shootings are actually part of the feud?

Seems like personal grudges been settled and the media just blaming it on the feud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think this is the case, the Regency was an attempt to grab power from the cartel that went hugely wrong. There was also an element of killing two birds with the one stone as it was a revenge attack for Gary Hutch but the amount of effort that went into it would suggest it was a major power play for a slice of the pie. If they had of shot Daniel Kinahan and others as planned then maybe things would be different right now. There'd still be a feud on but with the leader of the cartel dead no doubt there would have been some internal wrangling that might have destabilised the cartel as higher up members jockey for position.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    I'm starting to think how many of these Dublin shootings are actually part of the feud?

Seems like personal grudges been settled and the media just blaming it on the feud.

Can't honestly say I have never thought the same.

KOCG??? You need to stop reading the Sun.!!

Apparently neil fitzgerald was involved in a slash attack days before hes murder

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gang-member-in-slash-attack-days-before-his-murder-34777754.html

Muahahaha wrote: »

I think this is the case, the Regency was an attempt to grab power from the cartel that went hugely wrong. There was also an element of killing two birds with the one stone as it was a revenge attack for Gary Hutch but the amount of effort that went into it would suggest it was a major power play for a slice of the pie. If they had of shot Daniel Kinahan and others as planned then maybe things would be different right now. There'd still be a feud on but with the leader of the cartel dead no doubt there would have been some internal wrangling that might have destabilised the cartel as higher up members jockey for position.
    Regency was revenge, pure and simple. If there was an attempt at a grab of power at all, that came before, and probably what started the whole thing (depending which story you believe)

Murtagh was released from jail last August after serving seven and a half years for a botched cash-in-transit van raid in Lucan, west Dublin, in 2009.

The family spokesman added: “Keith doesn’t trust anyone and this is no way for anyone to live.

“No one should have to live looking over their shoulder — especially when they’re being blamed for something they weren’t involved in.”

And former Labour TD Joe Costello also confirmed he has contacted Gardai to raise the family’s concerns. The veteran politician said: “The murder of Martin O’Rourke is the type of situation we don’t want to see happening again.

“I have contacted Gardai at a very senior level and they are the only people who can verify Keith’s movements on the day of the Regency.

“I was contacted by his family because they are afraid for his life and the Gardai have an obligation to follow every line of inquiry.

“The family have given me a letter detailing his movements and I have passed this information to the Gardai. He’s simply asking for the Gardai to prove his alibi.

“They should do this as a matter of urgency because there’s clearly an intent to kill him with the two unsuccessful attempts.”

Murtagh’s family claim that he was in the city centre at the time a five-man gang stormed the Regency Hotel and should be captured on dozens of CCTV cameras. They maintain he left his family home in Sheriff Street, walked through the IFSC and boarded the Luas to the Jervis Centre.

Once there, they claim he walked through Henry Street and Liffey Street before going to a mobile phone shop. They claim Keith then walked down Talbot Street before returning to Sheriff Street.

Gardai said that Murtagh, a childhood pal of murder victim Gary Hutch, has not been arrested over the hotel attack and confirmed that he isn’t wanted over the incident.

A source said: “Gardai believe 16 people were involved in the whole Regency attack and Murtagh’s name hasn’t featured and there are no plans to arrest him.”

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/irelandcrime/7196587/Video-proof-Keith-didnt-go-to-hotel-Targets-family-beg-cops-to-release-Regency-CCTV.html

• Advertisement

if the Cartel had lost control think the vacuum created would be a lot worse , with many younger gangs vying for control against the Hutch . The cartel probably puts some control on the underworld in ireland today . Many people thought toppling Assad in Syria was the way forward , but this could have led to world war and more carnage . Was it Larry Dunne said in the early days - if you think I'm bad see whats coming , or the end of the General did not end crime in Ireland.

Interesting.With all the rubbish these papers post, it's hard to believe any of their "sources" though, boy who cried wolf and all that. If it's true the guards should probably come out and release a seperate statement that he's not wanted in connection, Not be relying on the Sun to pass the message accross. and has this CCTV actually been found?

Interesting.With all the rubbish these papers post, it's hard to believe any of their "sources" though, boy who cried wolf and all that. If it's true the guards should probably come out and release a seperate statement that he's not wanted in connection, Not be relying on the Sun to pass the message accross. and has this CCTV footage actually been found?
    Add your reply here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Regency was revenge, pure and simple. If there was an attempt at a grab of power at all, that came before, and probably what started the whole thing (depending which story you believe)

It was revenge for sure but I don't think revenge was the sole motive when competing for a drugs market worth somewhere in the region of €1.5 billion a year. The Gardai believe that the Regency attack involved up to 20 people between gunmen, drivers and spotters. Apart from that the CCTV had be knocked out the day before and if that was done remotely (as has been suspected) then the raid also involved some serious expertise from a cyber criminal.

For sure killing Daniel Kinahan was partly out of revenge but also for a power grab imo. The Hutch side respected the size of the challenge they were taking on so they prepared well for it in terms of logistics and manpower. It was the execution that went all wrong with shooters getting photographed and being almost immediately identified by the cartel.

If Daniel Kinahan had of been killed it would have created a power vacuum, its a bit like a CEO of a huge company dying of a heart attack, within a few hours the members of the board of directors will be jockeying for position to get the top job. Transfer that same scenario to gangland and you've got dozens of lieutenants who want to be top dog and they've got access to guns. The atmosphere of paranoia also lends itself well to lieutenants getting a rival lieutenant killed and blaming it on the Hutch side.

All the above is just what I think the motives were here. Revenge was part of the motive but I don't think it was everything. Its already been said that other gangs (Scottish?) may have been brought in by the Hutchs to help in the aftermath of the raid. No-one knows the Penguins role in all this either, perhaps if the raid went to plan he would now be back on the Irish scene alligned to the Hutches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Apart from that the CCTV had be knocked out the day before and if that was done remotely (as has been suspected) then the raid also involved some serious expertise from a cyber criminal.

There wasn't anything too professional if it was out the day before but spotted by management and working again during the actual raid.

Even if they did manage to kill the CCTV on the day, what were they thinking hitting an event that was a wash with reporters with cameras?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I see the "pint sized thug" was in court today.
    “He’s one of the most hated men in Ireland and tried to get support from his old cronies when he came out of prison, but nobody wants to go near him. Everyone blames him for the creation of the CAB,” said one source.

Gilligan is believed to be staying at the Kildare property while waiting for his day in court, but he never leaves it as he has made too many enemies and doesn’t know who wants him dead.

Lol

There wasn't anything too professional if it was out the day before but spotted by management and working again during the actual raid.

Even if they did manage to kill the CCTV on the day, what were they thinking hitting an event that was a wash with reporters with cameras?

Think that's the point, they really didn't think they would be caught and they are untouchable.
    Everyone they used had been traced back to them.
    Including one member of the family being present and even an ex SF counsellor.

Whilst the cartel are equally an organisation not to be admired, they have used many of their followers, or employees you could say, which whist we all know it's them, nothing has led to arrests or damaging their organisation, in fact it bolsters their status in rivals eyes in the drugs business that there are consequences to trying to muscle in on them.

It's equally despicable, but it's smart tactics in this so called war!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I see the "pint sized thug" was in court today.

Lol

I'm surprised he is still walking around the place

I'm surprised he is still walking around the place
    I'd say he would be dead only he got such a long sentance. I think he got assurances he wouldnt be targeted thats why hes back around. But as we seen the other day with Fitzgerald being killed, stuff that happened years ago isnt just forgotten either.

• Advertisement

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/gerry-the-monk-hutch-moves-8128217

Any truth to this is it his own family or extended older members?

What is the monk roughly worth 10million at least???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement