Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I guess TV3 couldn't afford the rights to Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Two Tribes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Allyall wrote: »
    I said that because of what was said in the post two above that. I don't doubt for a second that he is.

Genuine question, is he involved in the drugs trade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Danye wrote: »

If that's directed at me, I've no idea. As mentioned before, he claims to be against them. But I believe, that if he wants to defend himself in this feud and/or fight back, he'll probably need to be involved in it to get some fast money. Although his/their avenues may be runing out. Again, I've no idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Yawn who cares. Skangers killing each other bores me.

There will be no evidence of course, we can give him one thing, he's clever and values his reputation.

If that's directed at me, I've no idea. As mentioned before, he claims to be against them. But I believe, that if he wants to defend himself in this feud and/or fight back, he'll probably need to be involved in it to get some fast money. Although his/their avenues may be runing out. Again, I've no idea..

Sorry no, wasn't directed at you. Just a general open question.

This is the exact show that Williams did a few months ago with just the most recent murders included.

These crime "Journalists" need to start looking at their "sources" not one of them can seem to agree on the ins & outs of this, or any other feud.

Maybe their "sources" are their producers / editors who provide them with the juicy exclusives that have people watching the likes of these shows and buying the same rags.

Without crime, would any of these crime reporters have a job?

There will be no evidence of course, we can give him one thing, he's clever and values his reputation.

Do you suspect he is involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Michael O Toole

Sorry no, wasn't directed at you. Just a general open question.

This is the exact show that Williams did a few months ago with just the most recent murders included.

These crime "Journalists" need to start looking at their "sources" not one of them can seem to agree on the ins & outs of this, or any other feud.

Maybe their "sources" are their producers / editors who provide them with the juicy exclusives that have people watching the likes of these shows and buying the same rags.

Without crime, would any of these crime reporters have a job?

No. The clue's in the title. Obviously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

That programme on TV3 was just rycycled news reels. Nothing New.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭6541

I have it on good account that Paul Williams is directing this feud.

In the Regency?
    It's safe to assume he had some involvement, even if the aftermath has made it look like a cheap, unplanned shot at the cartel.
    In terms of the drug trade, he has said on many occasions he despises the drug trade, but he also says he had nothing to do with armed robbery.
    in other words, what he says, isn't what he does!

6541 wrote: »
    I have it on good account that Paul Williams is directing this feud.

Yes, and Enda Kenny hides the guns afterwards.
    *groans*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

In the Regency?
    It's safe to assume he had some involvement, even if the aftermath has made it look like a cheap, unplanned shot at the cartel.
    In terms of the drug trade, he has said on many occasions he despises the drug trade, but he also says he had nothing to do with armed robbery.
    Regency a definite yes-Finance and planning. Drugs no. The Monk made his fortune years ago. Why would he need to mess around with drugs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

but he also says he had nothing to do with armed robbery.

Considering the 'success' of said armed robberies compared to the daylight balls up that was the regency.... Unless he was smoking crack I'd be surprised if he was the ring leader or even planned it. Could be wrong but that effort was doomed to failure or at least was likely to fail.

Even if they had got their main target surly the idea is you try and escape without being apprehended and identified.. Making a play like that was fool hardy and smacked of desperation and was too much of a risk.. perhaps they thought worth it considering all the main players really would be in one room and could cut the head of the snake as it were. Place full of witnesses, press etc... not a good move in hindsight.

Regency a definite yes-Finance and planning. Drugs no. The Monk made his fortune years ago. Why would he need to mess around with drugs?

Because it's more lucrative than heists (which aren't very plausible nowadays) and if using mules, carries far less risk of being prosecuted.
    Again, he may not need to get his hands dirty or be directly involved.
    Similarly the cartel hierarchy probably haven't seen drugs anywhere near them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm getting slightly forgetful with all there is to take in here.

Was the intended target there on the day? I seem to recall he was at some point.

If he was and if the flat cap and drag queen checked in the day before and spent the night there, did they not have ample opportunity to take him out without the need for the dramatics that were the AK47 guy's?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Another thing I don't get is this, how are the hit lackeys paid?

If you consider the time-frame from the Monday night incident where a knife was pulled on Gareth Hutche's cousin\associate and the hit at 10.30 the following morning (Tuesday) a number of things had to be arranged,

1. Make contact with whoever could get an answer from Kinahan to see if there was a price on Gareth's head.

2. Make the deal

3. Arrange hand guns and Ammo.

4. Arrange the sidekick hitman

5. Arrange the getaway car(s)\Driver

6. Arrange the lookout flat & pay or promise to pay €5k for it & do all that in less than 12 hours Approx.

Do these guy's get paid up front or part paid before they carry out a hit? If they do that also had to be sorted within the short time-frame.

If they act without payment, what's to stop the likes of Kinahan telling them through his contact lackey to pi$$ off? What are these lackey dispensable hit-men supposed to do then? tell the guards Christy didn't pay them?

I just find it difficult to believe all that was sorted in such a short space of time & considering it was sparked by a knee jerk reaction to a heat of the moment situation.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

I'm getting slightly forgetful with all there is to take in here.

Was the intended target there on the day? I seem to recall he was at some point.

If he was and if the flat cap and drag queen checked in the day before and spent the night there, did they not have ample opportunity to take him out without the need for the dramatics that were the AK47 guy's?

Sorry now not at you!

Eyes scrolled threw post sees Ak47!seen last twenty minutes of McIntyre heard ak47 turned off!

Akm assault rifles!!

Akm assault rifles!!

Ha Ha, now that you mention it, I did see that correction way back here at some stage too :)

If you consider the time-frame from the Monday night incident where a knife was pulled on Gareth Hutche's cousin\associate and the hit at 10.30 the following morning (Tuesday) a number of things had to be arranged,

1. Make contact with whoever could get an answer from Kinahan to see if there was a price on Gareth's head.

2. Make the deal

6. Arrange the lookout flat & pay or promise to pay €5k for it & do all that in less than 12 hours Approx.

Do these guy's get paid up front or part paid before they carry out a hit? If they do that also had to be sorted within the short time-frame.

If they act without payment, what's to stop the likes of Kinahan telling them through his contact lackey to pi$$ off? What are these lackey dispensable hit-men supposed to do then? tell the guards Christy didn't pay them?

I just find it difficult to believe all that was sorted in such a short space of time & considering it was sparked by a knee jerk reaction to a heat of the moment situation.

Kinahans have massive cash reserves all over ireland,england,spain and Holland to name a few with serious connections other international crews fear them there that big! Guy suspected of carrying out 3 hits for them is on the run!

• Advertisement

Kinahans have massive cash reserves all over ireland,england,spain and Holland to name a few with serious connections other international crews fear them there that big! Guy suspected of carrying out 3 hits for them is on the run he was well connected to Kinahans crew well before the hits by the looks of it but must have been hush-hush about it as he was drinking in the bar Mr Barr managed!

I wonder did hutch realise who he was chasing with the baseball bat that Monday night?

I wonder did hutch realise who he was chasing with the baseball bat that Monday night?

He was chasing a clown. An opportunist who decided to cash in on wanting him dead.
    Even I know that.

Does anyone expect him to be alive at Christmas Hallowe'en the start of the School season?

Albeit a mad clown with a gun... But seemingly - a clown.

He was chasing a clown. An opportunist who decided to cash in on wanting him dead.
    Even I know that.

Does anyone expect him to be alive at Christmas Hallowe'en the start of the School season?

Well, he lived longer than the guy with the bat... so what does that make the guy with the bat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

2. Make the deal

Its really not that complicated guns and sidekicks would of been easy access to these guys sure they probably even had some hid in close proximity to their houses, They could have already been in contact with some of Kinahans associates through other dealings so that wouldn't have been that hard either. No doubt they have a supply of stolen cars off side and no lack of cronies/mates by their side to do whatever is asked...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

More chance of being related to this family because of location. Who knows they could all be related

http://m.herald.ie/news/brother-of-irelands-unluckiest-criminal-is-shot-while-drinking-in-spanish-bar-28016155.html

A family gang in south dublin with the same surname I wonder if they are anything to them to?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Even I know that.

maybe that was an opportunist murder but this guy is suspected of been involved in eddie hutches murder and mickey barrs. He's a member of the new inla group which was based in ballymun and it seems they were contracted by the cartel to carry out these killings which was easy enough for them since they had members like fox cumberton and the man on the run living in the north inner city. I believe the leadership of the new inla was paid for these hits and they subcontracted their members but the leader is now currently on remand for an incident in limerick unconnected to the feud. The gareth hutch murder was rushed over the fight with the baseball bat as one of the inla members from the north inner city was in the pub the night barr was killed and cogs started to turn in the hutch sides heads that he may have been the spotter when he was confronted with this he panicked and they hatched the plan to kill gareth hutch get the money and disappear

Whatever way this plays out, I'm sure the dapper is not happy with the way he's been catapulted into the limelight & is in the sights of the authorities more than he ever was. It has to be causing him unwelcome heat.

Could yet turn out to be a case of "Cutting off the nose to spite the face" for him.

Well, he lived longer than the guy with the bat... so what does that make the guy with the bat?
    Unaware that he could get his hands on an old gun, and would come out and use it.
    maybe that was an opportunist murder but this guy is suspected of been involved in eddie hutches murder and mickey barrs. He's a member of the new inla group which was based in ballymun and it seems they were contracted by the cartel to carry out these killings which was easy enough for them since they had members like fox cumberton and the man on the run living in the north inner city. I believe the leadership of the new inla was paid for these hits and they subcontracted their members but the leader is now currently on remand for an incident in limerick unconnected to the feud. The gareth hutch murder was rushed over the fight with the baseball bat as one of the inla members from the north inner city was in the pub the night barr was killed and cogs started to turn in the hutch sides heads that he may have been the spotter when he was confronted with this he panicked and they hatched the plan to kill gareth hutch get the money and disappear

I had heard that (he was a spotter) before and the other stuff, but surely that makes him even more worthless now?
    I don't claim to know any of what is going on before it's happened, or any of the people, but surely he was well known to be used by whoever could use him?
    That seems to be consistent in other media, including a forum that isn't being used for a wedding. Admittedly their agenda is for the other side, but they very rarely comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Unaware that he could get his hands on an old gun, and would come out and use it.

I had heard that (he was a spotter) before. That makes him even more worthless now.
    I don't claim to know any of what is going on before it's happened, or any of the people, but surely he was well known to be used by whoever could use him?
    That seems to be consistent in other media, including a forum that isn't being used for a wedding. Admittedly their agenda is for the other side, but they very rarely comment.

I dont think anybody knew these guys were doing the hits not even gardai until a few weeks ago there was a lot of misinformation been put out there on purpose i believe about this guy from finglas but he had a watertight alibi for the night eddie hutch was killed. These guys were doing the murders and living in the area without a bother in the world and would of grown up around the hutch family and been friendly with them. It all came crashing down for them the day before they killed gareth hutch the suspicions had set in they had something to do with the barr murder and instead of trying to play it off and deny it they panicked hatched the plan to kill gareth and the next morning the whole area knew it was them. Fox's mother was very good friends with some of the hutch women and was shocked when the gardai raided her home and told her that her son was a suspect. The man who is now on the run legged it straight away after it and fox was left on his own basically and if he had stayed in his own area he was a dead man he had no choice but to hand himself in to gardai but even in custody he was denying he had any part in the murder i think he just wanted to be held for the seven days to decide where to go when he was released, he was supposedly shocked when he realised there was evidence on him and swallowed something in his cell and was rushed to hospital. If it was a genuine suicide attempt or a ploy to get to hospital to try make a run from there im not sure but either way it didnt work

I dont think anybody knew these guys were doing the hits not even gardai until a few weeks ago there was a lot of misinformation been put out there on purpose i believe about this guy from finglas but he had a watertight alibi for the night eddie hutch was killed. These guys were doing the murders and living in the area without a bother in the world and would of grown up around the hutch family and been friendly with them. It all came crashing down for them the day before they killed gareth hutch the suspicions had set in they had something to do with the barr murder and instead of trying to play it off and deny it they panicked hatched the plan to kill gareth and the next morning the whole area knew it was them. Fox's mother was very good friends with some of the hutch women and was shocked when the gardai raided her home and told her that her son was a suspect. The man who is now on the run legged it straight away after it and fox was left on his own basically and if he had stayed in his own area he was a dead man he had no choice but to hand himself in to gardai but even in custody he was denying he had any part in the murder i think he just wanted to be held for the seven days to decide where to go when he was released, he was supposedly shocked when he realised there was evidence on him and swallowed something in his cell and was rushed to hospital. If it was a genuine suicide attempt or a ploy to get to hospital to try make a run from there im not sure but either way it didnt work

No, I don't mean I had heard they were doing the hits before he was arrested, I meant before the post.
    But if Fox was shocked that there was evidence on him.......:eek:

Not including that, I am maybe mixing up stuff from other forums. I was only commenting on the guy that ran (not Fox), and the way he comes across in other forums, and his original FB posts and texts, linked on those forums.
    As I said, I haven't a clue what is fact and what isn't.

I'm not disagreeing, I'm the opposite. But I do believe that he is/was a bit of a ****. Without a gun or backup, even more so.

• Advertisement

No, I don't mean I had heard they were doing the hits before he was arrested, I meant before the post.
    But if Fox was shocked that there was evidence on him.......:eek:

Not including that, I am maybe mixing up stuff from other forums. I was only commenting on the guy that ran (not Fox), and the way he comes across in other forums, and his original FB posts and texts on those forums.
    As I said, I haven't a clue what is fact and what isn't.

I'm not disagreeing, I'm the opposite. But I do believe that he is/was a bit of a ****. Without a gun or backup, even more so.
    Crazy stuff. Carrying out a murder literally around the corner from where you live at ten o clock in the morning with just hoodies and a scarf to hide your face. Someone is going to recognise you. Even more so when you were in a dispute with the victim the night before. Rewatching the video it's easy now to tell who's who. Handy that too, how someone was arrested and charged over the Sunset, a few days after fox handed himself in.
    Also, not that I'm doubting that story but it seems crazy to think that if they were panicking about the rumors going around about them, they somehow thought a hastily organized execution against someone who had no involvement only by surname would be the solution, rather than get out of dodge for a while and lie low when the guards probably didn't have enough proof for anything anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Whatever way this plays out, I'm sure the dapper is not happy with the way he's been catapulted into the limelight & is in the sights of the authorities more than he ever was. It has to be causing him unwelcome heat.

Could yet turn out to be a case of "Cutting off the nose to spite the face" for him.

The heat has never being off them, With them being one of the biggest organised crime gangs in Europe they are always being hit and watched, by everyone.
    With Ireland only being one cog in a big wheel,The only difference to them now is the public limelight on them and the now familiar everything that happens in Ireland crime-wise is kinahan linked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

My opinion yes of course he is,

He has a business mind, If he could invest through third partys 100k and get back 200/300k without doing a thing why wouldn't he ? He is a criminal/gangster just like the costas.

Where does he run to for help in this feud, George the penguin Mitchel, Up there with the kinahens in drug dealing,You think if he was anti drugs he would go to him and more importantly that GM would entertain him,same goes for any of his other UK OR Dutch contacts,Any of the top crime cartels in the World are all involved in some way with the dealing of drugs,and the monk is no different.

The monk is not a monk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Not including that, I am maybe mixing up stuff from other forums. I was only commenting on the guy that ran (not Fox), and the way he comes across in other forums, and his original FB posts and texts on those forums.

so.

What other forums are out there on this topic? Might be interesting.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/missing-kinahan-hitman-stalked-by-new-ira-murder-squad-34785530.html

Any truth to this new IRA team detail were stalking Barr hitman basically before he went on run!

Will the new IRA come back to play?not even a spud gun shoot by new Ra since murder of Barr they are not what they use to be in south yet in the north you say a wrong comment you get your ankles or knee shot at or worse killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/missing-kinahan-hitman-stalked-by-new-ira-murder-squad-34785530.html

Any truth to this new IRA team detail were stalking Barr hitman basically before he went on run!

Will the new IRA come back to play?not even a spud gun shoot by new Ra since murder of Barr they are not what they use to be in south yet in the north you say a wrong comment you get your ankles or knee shot at or worse killed.
    They'll have to do something if they want to maintain any grip on protection rackets and the like. I'd say they'll have their revenge, but it'll be served cold.

He has a business mind, If he could invest through third partys 100k and get back 200/300k without doing a thing why wouldn't he ? He is a criminal/gangster just like the costas.

Where does he run to for help in this feud, George the penguin Mitchel, Up there with the kinahens in drug dealing,You think if he was anti drugs he would go to him and more importantly that GM would entertain him,same goes for any of his other UK OR Dutch contacts,Any of the top crime cartels in the World are all involved in some way with the dealing of drugs,and the monk is no different.

The monk is not a monk.

If he was though, or even if he was rumoured to be, I wonder why any of these reporters haven't written about it it or exposed him?

How do you know he ran to Mitchell?

Well if I was anti drugs and my immediate family & I was in danger of being murdered I'd go to whoever I think would help as well to be fair. Also Mitchell himself use to be a blagger / stroker / robber, maybe they built up
    a friendship in prison many moons ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mr H 1974

The monk is not a monk.

Someone who puts up a cash or finance for an investment to get a return might see themselves as a financier not a drug dealer. Not saying it's right or my viewpoint but could be a case for self justification.

A 3rd person a man in his 20s has been arrested in relation to the Neil Fitzgerald murder investigation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

im at liberty hall..
    massive number of under cover cars and armed response cars just flew by sirens wailing in sherriff direction , full speed ahead

*massive - about 7

the junkies are over stimulated beside me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Bit of action going on around the Oliver Bond St flats this morning too but its probably just a normal Thursday morning in the hood

arayess wrote: »
    im at liberty hall..
    massive number of under cover cars and armed response cars just flew by sirens wailing in sherriff direction , full speed ahead

*massive - about 7

There's been a shooting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

There's been a shooting

Source?

There's been a shooting

Source?
    there will be soon

There's been a shooting

Source?
    there will be soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

Will the new IRA come back to play?not even a spud gun shoot by new Ra since murder of Barr they are not what they use to be in south yet in the north you say a wrong comment you get your ankles or knee shot at or worse killed.[/quote]

I had heard from a fairly reliable source that the northern brigade are still undecided if they will get involved, the majority want to come down however some more senior figures do not. I'd imagine that could all change after the INLA's involvement in Barrs murder. The use of the AK's in the regency was sanctioned all the way from the top

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

arayess wrote: »
    im at liberty hall..

*massive - about 7

There's been a shooting

Nope - they were making the draw for the 12 cops who get to go to the Euros - on overtime - as part of the "security detail"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Looks like another shooting around Portland Row... Passed by 15 minutes ago and a heavy gardai presence and a lot of people on the street looking down a laneway

Spanish police to travel to Ireland to liaise with Irish police over gangland feud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Looking down a what?

I was passing in the car I don't know... but from the amount of gardai there it didn't look good

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement