Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Xyzforsure

Will you please stop referring to the "New RA" as the republican movement, they have no alliances with any political party, they are not the PIRA that were fighting a war and have fcukall to do with past troubles in the north.

They are like the "new UVF", a bunch of jumped up teenagers that sell drugs and couldn't assassinate a bag of spuds without training.

Stop referring to them as the Republican movement, they're fcuking drug dealears, not guys that were trained in guerrilla warfare.

Let's make one thing clear

PIRA and sinn fein do not own republicanism despite what they think.

If anything it could be argued they threw the towel in for other reasons.

The republican movement as I and many others see it would be those that are active or have the potential to be active whether or not officially sanctioned.

RM = RIRA CIRA ex unaligned provos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Any yokes

Exactly, so maybe the odd judge is in on the act too...

So you believe alleged ex RIRA men are bribing High Court judges so that they can go on holiday to Spain ?

???????

I would say he was allowed go because he has been on trial for years and the first trial collapsed due to undisclosed evidence in one of the longest running trials in SCC, it is a cluster**** of a case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Xyzforsure wrote: »
    Let's make one thing clear

PIRA and sinn fein do not own republicanism despite what they think.

If anything it could be argued they threw the towel in for other reasons.

The republican movement as I and many others see it would be those that are active or have the potential to be active whether or not officially sanctioned.

RM = RIRA CIRA ex unaligned provos

To end the war maybe?

Why would they oppose it... in my opinion he will get whacked in spain

Wtf?? "Whacked in spain" ????! By who, hes also been on bail for ages. Im sure the guards would love that. then again you probably are one, upset that he got his conditions changed, stirring it. Pathetic

There is zero political will for change cause the ***** have not put a bullet in a person from the middle class yet.

Remember veronica...now there's political will.
    very true

why should middle class and upper class peoples live matter more than the rest of us, f-uck them they are not better .I forgot Guerin was better than the rest of us mere mortals. If a working class lad gets slaughtered nobody gives a **** and they say he deserves it. this country is a disgrace

The Joker put it best, if a truckload of soldiers or a gangster gets murdered nobody panics cos thats part of the plan. One mayor gets killed everyone loses their minds

we are all only here for a short time

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone" john 8:7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Any yokes wrote: »
    very true

why should middle class and upper class peoples live matter more than the rest of us, f-uck them they are not better .I forgot Guerin was better than the rest of us mere mortals. If a working class lad gets slaughtered nobody gives a **** and they say he deserves it. this country is a disgrace

The Joker put it best, if a truckload of soldiers or a gangster gets murdered nobody panics cos thats part of the plan. One mayor gets killed everyone loses their minds

I know I think its so sad a whole family is getting killed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Any yokes wrote: »
    very true

I don't agree with this class system bullshít you're going on about. This isn't England!
    Also, if you are going to use it, at least drop the "Working Class" tag. I doubt anyone involved in this feud has ever had a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

( #MOD# Documented in-print & online) Kinahan suspected man Liam Byrne.

revealed-cocaine-cowboys-huge-dublin-mansion google it. Posted January 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

headnorth wrote: »
    ( #MOD# Documented in-print & online) Kinahan suspected man Liam Byrne.

revealed-cocaine-cowboys-huge-dublin-mansion google it. Posted January 2016

Are they a different Byrne clan to the Byrne in the regency?

Reason I ask is that Simoan has a picture of the regency Byrne on her Instagram page.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Are they a different Byrne clan to the Byrne in the regency?

Reason I ask is that Simoan has a picture of the regency Byrne on her Instagram page.

its the same byrnes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Will you please stop referring to the "New RA" as the republican movement, they have no alliances with any political party, they are not the PIRA that were fighting a war and have fcukall to do with past troubles in the north.

They are like the "new UVF", a bunch of jumped up teenagers that sell drugs and couldn't assassinate a bag of spuds without training.

Stop referring to them as the Republican movement, they're fcuking drug dealears, not guys that were trained in guerrilla warfare.

The New IRA as the media call it are made up of well seasoned ex provos whom have every right to call themselves the Republican movement, but by your logic the OIRA would be the true Republican Movement as when the provos emerged they had no alliances with any political party and fvck all to do with the border campaign I suppose or should we keep going further back? The Republican movement isn't just a Troubles exclusive ideology

As for the "bunch of jumped up teenagers that sell drugs" I'm sure you will provide evidence for this?

Also ex provos would suggest that they were trained in guerrilla warfare, and going by their Prisoners list would have been for a long time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Sounds like the "on the run" guy might of been arrested today. Same age anyway.
    (although there is one other person it might be)

The 30 year old was arrested this morning in Dublin. Hardly the guy on the run?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

The 30 year old was arrested this morning in Dublin. Hardly the guy on the run?
    I'm thinking a 30 year old from Ballymun

google
    gangsters-home-raided-and-papers-seized-as-part-of-probe-into-ryan-murder-34780834.html

Same guy?

According to Padraig O, Garda have up'd armed checkpoints outside Byrne houses on Raleigh Sq as Hutch gang gathers in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

According to Padraig O, Garda have up'd armed checkpoints outside Byrne houses on Raleigh Sq as Hutch gang gathers in Dublin.

Gathers for what?

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Gathers for what?

No idea, that's all that was in his Tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

very well could be hes a member of that inla crew and a close friend of the guy on the run wouldnt surprise me if he had something to do with gareth hutch's murder. On the other hand could be on the run guy either as hes the same age and i dont buy all that bull**** that his family think hes been murdered it will be interesting to see what happens here

Where's Michael when we need him? Don't mind the Mule in Peru Michael, who was arrested this morning? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

also it say they were arrested at a city centre station sounds like they handed themselves in for questioning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

I did not buy the star I read it in the store only because mick is hereðŸ˜႒

The monk was around his brother johns (Gareth's father) place by stoney batter? during the week by Mick's sources !is the monk gone again??

Explains gardai extra presents around crumlin and clontarf something going down in China town??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I read of P hutch being shot in the legs, I heard about 200k being sought by the costas, but thought this was all to do with the attack on the boxer in mistake for DK, this the first time I heard about a Russian, maybe there mixing there storys with paddy doyle and gary hutch to sell there paper, ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Running out of garbage to write,the script has now taken the russian narrative.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I think they're half on the ball but the stuff they're right about has previously been mentioned on this thread by a number of posters. They needed to be sure Gary was a tout so set a trap.

It's the little mistakes that annoy me though. A Hutch was shot in the legs but he didn't present himself at Beaumont hospital. He was driven to the Mater screaming and roaring.

I read of p hutch being shot in the legs, I heard about 200k being south by the costas,but thought this was all to do with the attack on the boxer in mistake for DK, this the first time I heard about a Russian, maybe there mixing there storys with paddy doyle and gary hutch to sell there paper, ?
    Was the attack on the boxer an attempted to murder though, or an attempt to maim?

I read of p hutch being shot in the legs, I heard about 200k being south by the costas,but thought this was all to do with the attack on the boxer in mistake for DK, this the first time I heard about a Russian, maybe there mixing there storys with paddy doyle and gary hutch to sell there paper, ?
    Was the attack on the boxer an attempted to murder though, or an attempt to maim?
    Actually the article has holes in it because the attack on the boxer and the man being shot in the legs in Dublin happened within a month of each other two years ago. Not last year like the article says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

So we've ANOTHER version of events?

How many is that now? How many has the Mirror themselves spun?

This "Feud" is becoming very profitable for certain media outlets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

As far as i know and of course stand to be corrected, The attack on the boxer was supposedly an assassination attempt on DK, when the gunman realized it wasent dk after first shooting the target to put him down, he fled.

Afetr that P hutch was shot in the legs outside the mater hospital in Dublin,and supposedly was suppose to pay 200k in compensation to the boxer.

That never materialized and extra pressure was being put on the hutches,as to not pay would be huge loss of face and respect in the underworld for the costas.

Meanwhile it started to unravel that GH knew that his brother wasent to happy with DK, so that put him right in the frame in the paranoid,dont trust anyone, world that is gangland.plus rumors(and there like death cards in gangland)that GH was an informer ??

Then GH was killed,delboy was attacked in prison and there was an attempt on the monk in lanzorote ? ,which brought us up to Jan this year.

In February we had the attack on the recency hotel, Now that was a well planed and orchestrated attack,and had to have taken months to plan, with getting people,weapons,transport,safe houses,money,and trying to keep it quite in the volatile world in which they operate,which would bring this whole mess then back to the first attack on Dk outside his villa.

So for me and i haven't seen any other evidence to say different, it all started then back outside Dk villa,in what was a hostile attempt to take over the costas operations in Europe,Uk and here.

There was some very intelligent people behind it but it looks like now its the monks who are left holding the can.

Danye wrote: »
    So we've ANOTHER version of events?

How many is that now? How many has the Mirror themselves spun?

This "Feud" is becoming very profitable for certain media outlets.

Theory1 Soarseans. money not being paid back,
    Theory2 Gary h a rat
    Theory3 ira/monk/penguin take over Kinahans empire
    Theory 4 Russians killed Gary.

Not a exhausted list but THE FEUD has so many cryptic links!

IMO Soarseans is still the most plausible but recently I'm lost with all the conflicting information!

One paper reported yesterday that a brother of Gareth Hutch was collected & brought to a Confirmation by armed Gardai & they had armed personnel guarding the rear of the church for the duration of the service.

They also reveal that armed detectives were posted to a boxing event in the National Stadium featuring another relative of The Monk.

They were assigned to the venue in Dublin over fears he too could be targeted.

And they also claim a friend of the Hutch family contacted officers in north Dublin to inform them of another church event later this month.

If true, it would contradict the theory that the law are only providing protection to the other side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

One paper reported yesterday that a brother of Gareth Hutch was collected & brought to a Confirmation by armed Gardai & they had armed personnel guarding the rear of the church for the duration of the service......

This is ridiculous if true, that the gardai would knowing protect him at a confirmation (with a chance it could kick off, why else be armed) with children and families present. I suppose making the fecker stay at home would infringe his human rights :rolleyes:

he shoulde't have been allowed any where near the church and the garda are idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

This is ridiculous if true, that the gardai would knowing protect him at a confirmation (with a chance it could kick off, why else be armed) with children and families present. I suppose making the fecker stay at home would infringe his human rights :rolleyes:

he shoulde't have been allowed any where near the church and the garda are idiots

What would you do as a Garda? Assuming you had to abide by the law and constitution.

That article also stated
    “Gardai have a duty to protect life and that’s why they were at the church, because they know any member of the Hutch family is a target.

“These types of incident are happening all the time and show the lengths Gardai go to in an effort to prevent further bloodshed.”

• Advertisement

What would you do as a Garda? Assuming you had to abide by the law and constitution.

disrupt them going about their normal business. They should have been picked up for questioning the day before and held for as long as possible. Putting the community at risk, so the little **** can attend church is ridiculous. He shouldn't have been let near the place.

maybe they had a tail light out, you'd find something

can you imagine as an innocent party turning up to the service and a load of armed gardai outside. These people aren't fit for society.

disrupt them going about their normal business. They should have been picked up for questioning the day before and held for as long as possible. Putting the community at risk, so the little **** can attend church is ridiculous. He shouldn't have been let near the place.

can you imagine as an innocent party turning up to the service and a load of armed gardai outside. These people aren't fit for society.

So internment is what you are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Have you considered running for Garda commissioner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

For all you know, this brother could be completely innocent. Why shouldn't he be protected?

Is that the consensus now? Make them stay at home? What a great idea.:rolleyes:

That didn't work out well for Eddie Hutch, did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

never knew these gangs were so respectful of the Gardai and the carrying out of law and order.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    For all you know, this brother could be completely innocent. Why shouldn't he be protected?

Is that the consensus now? Make them stay at home? What a great idea.:rolleyes:

That didn't work out well for Eddie Hutch, did it?

of course they're all innocent, good church going members of society :rolleyes:

bull****, why should a couple of hundred families be put at risk over their nonsense?

of course they're all innocent, good church going members of society :rolleyes:

bull****, why should a couple of hundred families be put at risk over their nonsense?

The Hutch family is innocent they're the victims. They have not even retaliated because they cant no family is a match for an international drug cartel. I think they should be protected 24/7

honey12345 wrote: »
    The Hutch family is innocent they're the victims. They have not even retaliated because they cant no family is a match for an international drug cartel. I think they should be protected 24/7

:D Give us a break ffs...

honey12345 wrote: »

I wouldnt go that far now regency hotel attack!!ðŸ˜႒

Gardai are now giving what Joe/Jane public want no more killings by watching legitimate targets on both sides!

Hope gardai are using all lawful and unlawful means to sort THE FEUD now!

I wouldnt go that far now regency hotel attack!!ðŸ˜႒

Gardai are now giving what Joe/Jane public want no more killings by watching legitimate targets on both sides!

Hope gardai are using all lawful and unlawful means to sort THE FEUD now!

Me too I dont want to read about another Hutch family getting murdered :( They retaliated once I say it was the biggest mistake of their lives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'd sit down with the individual and advise that considering the ongoing risk to his life that he should use good judgment not only for the benefit of his own life but also for the safety of those at the service and afters etc if there were any and not attend. Im sure the fella is only too delighted to go about his every day business with armed (legal) protection all paid for by the tax payer. While the rest of us who choose to lead an honest decent life will be minus the option of those Garda resources should we need them.

Strumms wrote: »
    I'd sit down with the individual and advise that considering the ongoing risk to his life that he should use good judgment not only for the benefit of his own life but also for the safety of those at the service and afters etc if there were any and not attend. Im sure the fella is only too delighted to go about his every day business with armed (legal) protection all paid for by the tax payer. While the rest of us who choose to lead an honest decent life will be minus the option of those Garda resources should we need them.

The most usual response to that kind of conversation is "**** off".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Strumms wrote: »
    And if he said "f*** off and mind your own business"?

What then?

The most usual response to that kind of conversation is "**** off".

Look I'm not saying it isn't a tough call and I don't envy any Garda at any level in the force that has to deal with these people and their mindset but like another poster said... disruption... follow them.. tail light out... tires not in good nick etc.. so when that question is asked the next time they no its not in their interest to say.. "well nah bud I going down that pub anyway and you are coming to mind me". once you mike their life a hassle and they know it isnt worth their while... not saying lock em up etc but at least make life hard.

Nobody wants another shooting on any side but to think that these people have armed Gardai at their beck and call to mind them so they can have a nice social life doesn't sit well with me and I doubt either with any fair minded, law abiding, right thinking person in this country...

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    And if he said "f*** off and mind your own business"?

What then?

Well tell him if he wont cooperate then you cannot guarantee his safety going forward. Might chance his tone then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement