Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Geraldo69

Strumms wrote: »
    Look I'm not saying it isn't a tough call and I don't envy any Garda at any level in the force that has to deal with these people and their mindset but like another poster said... disruption... follow them.. tail light out... tires not in good nick etc.. so when that question is asked the next time they no its not in their interest to say.. "well nah bud I going down that pub anyway and you are coming to mind me". once you mike their life a hassle and they know it isnt worth their while... not saying lock em up etc but at least make life hard.

Nobody wants another shooting on any side but to think that these people have armed Gardai at their beck and call to mind them so they can have a nice social life doesn't sit well with me and I doubt either with any fair minded, law abiding, right thinking person in this country...

This ^^^^^^^^ if you live by the sword you should be prepared or die for it. Where are the police when elderly people's homes are getting broken into .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

why would an innocent person who has nothing to do with crime tell the gardai to "**** off" when they are warned of a threat on their lives?

Would they not be asking the gardai advice and eager to follow precautions?

Now, if they were involved, I can't imagine too many innocent people with a bullet with their name would use the "**** off response"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well tell him if he wont cooperate then you cannot guarantee his safety going forward. Might chance his tone then.

But he knows that anyway. It's more the wider public that the Gardai are there to protect, they're not these guys' personal bodyguards, no matter what you think.

And the "sit on them, harass them, make life difficult for them".... a) will likely lead to a raft of complaints of harassment and b) is hugely labour intemsive. What other duties do you think should be sacrificed to carry out this campaign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    But he knows that anyway. It's more the wider public that the Gardai are there to protect, they're not these guys' personal bodyguards, no matter what you think.

And the "sit on them, harass them, make life difficult for them".... a) will likely lead to a raft of complaints of harassment and b) is hugely labour intemsive. What other duties do you think should be sacrificed to carry out this campaign?

Pretty difficult to prove a case of harassment when all you'd be doing would be 'looking after' someone who had been issued with a GIM and just came across some other issues in the course of those duties I'd imagine...

Not their personal bodyguard but they are facilitating that the individual maintains their regular lifestyle using resources that could and should be deployed elsewhere just because these individuals chose a certain path in life... I think if the individual doesnt want to cooperate with the Gardai who are trying to assist the bloke not ended up in a brown box then he should be on his own... hey dude I know the weather is good but stay in and give FIFA 16 a bit more of a hammering and lay low for a bit... can order in a few cans places deliver now...

No, but it wouldn't stop them making allegations and tying everyone up in knots while they're investigated.

And again, there's more than the "target" at these public events. If they won't not attend then the public at large need protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

honey12345 wrote: »
    Me too I dont want to read about another Hutch family getting murdered :( They retaliated once I say it was the biggest mistake of their lives!

As far as we know here 3 times! boxer shot in Spain by a Hutch ment for Gary or Daniel depending what story you believe, red cow hotel shooting missed target/s than regency but I'm still Hutch sided I love an underdog.

This is too personal now I don't believe hutches think it was biggest mistake of there lives they had to act there relation was killed after an agreement was reached! Kill or be killed!

Disso link as said didnt help the monks f**ks left them hang!

For the Kinahans gardai need to try stop their money , the hutches gardai already are all over them because of disso f**ks

Show how much drugs come into ireland still no shortage of any type since regency which I'm quite surprised by!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

As far as we know here 3 times! boxer shot in Spain by a Hutch ment for Gary or Daniel depending what story you believe, red cow hotel shooting missed target/s than regency but I'm still Hutch sided I love an underdog.

This is too personal now I don't believe hutches think it was biggest mistake of there lives they had to act there relation was killed after an agreement was reached! Kill or be killed!

For the Kinahans gardai need to try stop their money , the hutches gardai already are all over them because of disso f**ks

Show how much drugs come into ireland still no shortage of any type since regency which I'm quite surprised by!

Disso??? What do you mean?

Jesus, this isn't a soap opera you know :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Dissident republicans = dissos

• Advertisement

Disso??? What do you mean?

Ira where linked to hutches Mr kingsize (now dead) had serious links to disso(ira) from cigarette smuggling the Hutch guns akm ira weapons Barr was a Republican prisoner,barr recruited flatcap and more aks r whatever were found on Hutch associates in Meath just after kingsize murder!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jesus, this isn't a soap opera you know :rolleyes:

Sorry you just turned up😂 this is going to 3 books a 6 part series and 2 movies American version and in Irish!

Ira where linked to hutches Mr kingsize (now dead) had serious links to disso(ira) from cigarette smuggling the Hutch guns akm ira weapons Barr was a Republican prisoner,barr recruited flatcap and more aks r whatever were found on Hutch associates in Meath just after kingsize murder!

All the weapons they had are now gone?

I don't know about that maybe someone here can answer that for you!

Its not that the weapons are gone its the people to use them , There were people sitting on the fence when the recency attack went down,Powerful enough in there own right,When they seen that the attack failed they steped away and left the monks and a few dissos out to dry, as really no one likes wars its bad for business and costs money and bodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Its not that the weapons are gone its the people to use them , There were people sitting on the fence when the recency attack went down,Powerful enough in there own right.

Obviously without naming names.. who would you be referring to in a general sence ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Shots fired at house in Melrose Park Clondalkin tonight, no injuries. Gardai investigating.

Gardai say no arrests have yet been made, and the scene will be preserved for a technical examination.

It is not yet clear whether the incident has any links to Dublin’s ongoing gangland feud.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Look I'm not saying it isn't a tough call and I don't envy any Garda at any level in the force that has to deal with these people and their mindset but like another poster said... disruption... follow them.. tail light out... tires not in good nick etc.. so when that question is asked the next time they no its not in their interest to say.. "well nah bud I going down that pub anyway and you are coming to mind me". once you mike their life a hassle and they know it isnt worth their while... not saying lock em up etc but at least make life hard.

Nobody wants another shooting on any side but to think that these people have armed Gardai at their beck and call to mind them so they can have a nice social life doesn't sit well with me and I doubt either with any fair minded, law abiding, right thinking person in this country...
    Well tell him if he wont cooperate then you cannot guarantee his safety going forward. Might chance his tone then.
    Geraldo69 wrote: »
    This ^^^^^^^^ if you live by the sword you should be prepared or die for it. Where are the police when elderly people's homes are getting broken into .
    why would an innocent person who has nothing to do with crime tell the gardai to "**** off" when they are warned of a threat on their lives?

Would they not be asking the gardai advice and eager to follow precautions?

Now, if they were involved, I can't imagine too many innocent people with a bullet with their name would use the "**** off response"

You guys don't seem to understand. These people aren't interested in Garda protection. They don't want the Gardaí around them. They don't cooperate with Garda investigations or protection. They don't care if their actions make them look like criminals. They regularly get stopped by Gardaí so they have their cars in order and warrants sorted out.

The bad guy's seem to have more rights than the good guy's :D

Gardai asked to carry out house raids 'at reasonable hours' so occupants aren't disturbed

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Pffffffffftttttttt!
    They can F off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

A barrister asked this. That doesn't mean that the Gardai will comply with one person's wishes.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    A barrister asked this. That doesn't mean that the Gardai will comply with one person's wishes.

Not just a Barrister, The Garda Siochana Ombudsman Commission (GSOC) too!

You guys don't seem to understand. These people aren't interested in Garda protection. They don't want the Gardaí around them. They don't cooperate with Garda investigations or protection. They don't care if their actions make them look like criminals. They regularly get stopped by Gardaí so they have their cars in order and warrants sorted out.

My comments were more about the genuinely innocent ones, who just happen to be related. Bringing guns/gardai to a place where crowds of innocent people are trying to go about their day is bang out of order imho.

If you can't function in society without a harem of gardai protection, you can't function in society. Stay at home.

the others...maybe they'd care a bit more if they were disrupted going to family events

why are the garda called protection officers? Shouldn't it be surveillance officers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Not just a Barrister, The Garda Siochana Ombudsman Commission (GSOC) too!

GSOC and The Law Society asked it. The barrister you quoted is just explaining that the issue has been raised before in cases and judges have said that there is no need for raids in the middle of the night.
    My comments were more about the genuinely innocent ones, who just happen to be related. Bringing guns/gardai to a place where crowds of innocent people are trying to go about their day is bang out of order imho.

If you can't function in society without a harem of gardai protection, you can't function in society. Stay at home.

the others...maybe they'd care a bit more if they were disrupted going to family events

They get disrupted all the time. But there is a fine line between disruption and harassment
    why are the garda called protection officers? Shouldn't it be surveillance officers.

By who.

Last nights incident in Clondalkin was carried out by a man described as being in his late teens or early 20s who cycled up to the house and discharged several shots at it from a handgun, causing minor damage in the process.

He then cycled away from the scene.

There were no reports of any injuries in the incident and it is not known if there was anyone in the house at the time.

The suspect was wearing a red cap, a navy hoodie and navy tracksuit bottoms.

The third individual arrested over the Gareth Hutch murder is A feared Ballymun gangster suspected of being one of the shooters who murdered Gareth Hutch.

The career criminal, who is now in custody, has some 80 previous convictions for offences including threatening to kill a woman, drug dealing, criminal damage, road traffic and possession of firearms.

He was released from prison last year.

On top of his organised crime connections, the north Dublin man also has connections with a well-known Dublin businessman, who has been the subject of garda raids in the past but has denied any involvement in crime.

The arrested criminal was previously involved in another feud that gripped Ballymun after a man was shot in the back of the head more than a decade ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Last nights incident in Clondalkin was carried out by a man described as being in his late teens or early 20s who cycled up to the house and discharged several shots at it from a handgun, causing minor damage in the process.

There were no reports of any injuries in the incident and it is not known if there was anyone in the house at the time.

Is there something about Push Bikes that makes people go banjo mad for the drugs .

I think that we should ban Push Bikes to see if it has any effect on the drug use.

The Tour De France should certainly trying banning the bikes . There is something about Push Bikes that drive people crazy.

Well as they mostly push drugs they are inclined to push bikes

Theres some humor there somewhere :-D

Dunno about this I know members of crumlin crew are massive soccer fans

Basically both gangs have tickets to ireland v Sweden game today!

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/742288989961474049

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

I'd imagine Paris police won't ask any questions if they see someone pull a gun.

The 2 sides would do well to stay away from each other over there.

^^^^ they all want to be careful of the swedish house mafia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

arayess wrote: »
    i disagree.
    business and money is number 1 . when business suffers sufficiently they will look to end this.
    an obsession with street-cred keeps criminals poor and dead , good business makes them rich.

The cartel business partners don't give a hoot about what grief is happening in dublin...they care about where the k lads can pay for their product.
    also they will know that money and business will trump street cred any day.

We seem to be largely in agreement in that business is the bottom line, however i would say unless the guards are able to seriously disrupt their(the Kinahans) day to day operation, Christy senior has no incentive to call a truce. if this is the case, then he will want to project a show of force to his crime partners abroad that he is the main player in town, if he is seen to be weak or losing this feud, then others might be encouraged to oust him . So it's more so that he cares what they think, rather than the other way around, although if too much heat is coming on him and his oufit, and major supply channels are disrupted as a result of this, they might start to care, as, like you mentioned, making money is the bottom line.

It's Melrose, could've been over bin bags being left outside the wrong house TBH!

It's Melrose, could've been over bin bags being left outside the wrong house TBH!

Is that the way it is around there?

They must be able to get guns in Lucky Bags in Dublin now?

Is that the way it is around there?

They must be able to get guns in Lucky Bags in Dublin now?

It's rough enough yeah.
    Teenagers with guns says it all.
    Racist attacks on homes etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

The third individual arrested over the Gareth Hutch murder is A feared Ballymun gangster suspected of being one of the shooters who murdered Gareth Hutch.

The career criminal, who is now in custody, has some 80 previous convictions for offences including threatening to kill a woman, drug dealing, criminal damage, road traffic and possession of firearms.

He was released from prison last year.

On top of his organised crime connections, the north Dublin man also has connections with a well-known Dublin businessman, who has been the subject of garda raids in the past but has denied any involvement in crime.

The arrested criminal was previously involved in another feud that gripped Ballymun after a man was shot in the back of the head more than a decade ago.
    Strange one. Now they're saying he was the other shooter. He's easily found with a google search with those details. Makes me wonder what role Tossy Fox had then.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭grateface

This is a great thread. Fair few days reading to get up to date.

Can I ask, is there much a sense of fear with people living in the north inner city?
    I've lived in a few areas that would be seen by some as rough, but personally never had any trouble and always felt a sense of community in these areas.

Any intimidation etc in the community to stop gossip or anything like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Well as they mostly push drugs they are inclined to push bikes

Theres some humor there somewhere :-D
    Dope pedallers...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

were putting together a firm to take on the Russian ultras

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Gang...

• Advertisement

Kenny visiting north inner city tonight, there will be a private chat with residence WTF can Kenny do sure or any TD for that matter Irish drugs policy has not changed with the times!

Bet there will be no shortage of gardai around that area tonight.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/taoiseach-to-vist-dublins-north-inner-city-for-gangland-discussion

Family erect lavish tomb to slain gangster Gary Hutch

http://puu.sh/psE83/1c237d4a37.jpeg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Going by the car on top I think that's Hutch's from Starsky and Hutch fame.

I wonder how much that cost them! :eek:

and where the money came from

I'm sure they have more money than sense. Makes you wonder why they wont move out of the city center considering their lives are at risk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭yqtwqxqm

Theyve left plenty of room for the names of the rest of the family on there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

Sorry you just turned up😂 this is going to 3 books a 6 part series and 2 movies American version and in Irish!
    two different versions, one version by katie hannon, the other by paul williams

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

yqtwqxqm wrote: »
    Theyve left plenty of room for the names of the rest of the family on there too.
    I'm sure they have more money than sense. Makes you wonder why they wont move out of the city center considering their lives are at risk
    humberklog wrote: »
    Going by the car on top I think that's Hutch's from Starsky and Hutch fame.

I thought those gravestones took months to produce - stone-masonry and all that. Did they really get that yoke in a week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I thought those gravestones took months to produce - stone-masonry and all that. Did they really get that yoke in a week?

Gary Hutch was murdered last year.

I made that mistake as well.

It's for Gary Hutch (killed in Spain), not Gareth Hutch (killed last week).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement