Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is that 'FLAT CAP' visible through the windows of the hearse ?

Who knows!
    Think it would be very convenient if it was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

A DISSIDENT republican was arrested today by Gardai when he was allegedly found with viable bomb parts just yards from one of the country’s busiest garda stations.

The thug was searched by Gardai and the devices were found inside his car.

Gardai alerted the Army Bomb Disposal team who made the items safe before handing them over to forensic experts.

The streets nearby were sealed off, the nearby LUAS line was also closed and a hostel was evacuated during the operation.

Sources have indicated that the find is not believed to be linked to the Hutch/Kinahan feud.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

follow the zimmos and they will lead you to a certain family

Well thats not true. Anyone with internet access and a PayPal account can set themselves up as prescription drug dealers, and they do. No one 'family' holds a monopoly on this trade.Thats not speculation, that's fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

It has been documented in both print & online news websites before. Convicted criminals. Gerard Mackin Jonathan Keogh. Google. Names dates convictions its all in print by a journalist. Their words.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Well thats not true. Anyone with internet access and a PayPal account can set themselves up as prescription drug dealers, and they do. No one 'family' holds a monopoly on this trade.Thats not speculation, that's fact.

true anyone can get tablets online but the amount of zimmos that are been sold on the streets isn't in the hundreds its in the hundreds of thousands daily and you cant get that amount through the mail. They sell for a euro a pop on the street think how many has to be sold to make a couple hundred grand profit. Theres many tablet dealers in ireland but zimmos are controlled by a small group of people in dublin theres a legal loophole with zimmos there not actually listed as a controlled drug under the misuse of drugs act like valium or xanax so the gardai cant prosecute you for selling them but the irish medicines board could bring a case against you which would only be a slap on the wrist. These people are sending mules abroad weekly who bring back suitcases full of zimmos and if there caught the tablets are just confiscated its a serious money maker for these people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

follow the zimmos and they will lead you to a certain family

I doubt that sure there is even facebook pages now offering deals on different types of tablets.

tomofson wrote: »
    I doubt that sure there is even facebook pages now offering deals on different types of tablets.

id be surprised if there zimmos there rare enough got online

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

No! Just like it wasn't a fluke they found all the other players!
    There is a photograph online of Gary's funeral back last year that shows a number of players allegedly involved in the regency attack, in planning, logistics and execution!

Don't need to be a detective to know where to look!
    You can see the ex SF counsellor there too and the lady in drag!

http://thestar.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Gary-Hutch-Funeral-15.jpg

http://www.scoopnest.com/user/Independent_ie/732269521940185089

Doesn't take a genius to see the resemblance between flat cap's partner and guy walking behind the hearse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

true anyone can get tablets online but the amount of zimmos that are been sold on the streets isn't in the hundreds its in the hundreds of thousands daily and you cant get that amount through the mail. They sell for a euro a pop on the street think how many has to be sold to make a couple hundred grand profit. Theres many tablet dealers in ireland but zimmos are controlled by a small group of people in dublin theres a legal loophole with zimmos there not actually listed as a controlled drug under the misuse of drugs act like valium or xanax so the gardai cant prosecute you for selling them but the irish medicines board could bring a case against you which would only be a slap on the wrist. These people are sending mules abroad weekly who bring back suitcases full of zimmos and if there caught the tablets are just confiscated its a serious money maker for these people

What are zimmos?And there legal?

• Advertisement

nails1 wrote: »
    http://www.scoopnest.com/user/Independent_ie/732269521940185089

Doesn't take a genius to see the resemblance between flat cap's partner and guy walking behind the hearse

flatcaps partner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

bigpink wrote: »
    What are zimmos?And there legal?

Zopiclone. They are controlled. 5000 of them would easily fit in an a4 sized,padded envelope. The 'family' i think gangstergossip may refer to are from ballyfermot,with many of them based in the Greater Manchester area. I haven't heard of any of them being involved in the current feud, that doesn't mean that they are not though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Wasn't there a write up in one of the papers a week or so ago, saying that a couple in Coolock were responsible for the majority of them coming in, and the Kinahan gang were trying to squeeze money from them..

Doesn't mean it's true, I just barely remember the article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Allyall wrote: »
    Wasn't there a write up in one of the papers a week or so ago, saying that a couple in Coolock were responsible for the majority of them coming in, and the Kinahan gang were trying to squeeze money from them..

Doesn't mean it's true, I just barely remember the article.

There was, I think this is the one your are referring to?

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/irelandcrime/7196592/Couple-ordered-to-pay-100k-Zimmo-blood-money-to-Kinahan-cartel.html

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were true. These big guy's don't like to see the little guy's getting in on the act at all for fear they might eventually get bigger ideas. They lean on them for easy money and hope it will scare them off or at least give them some control over them.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That's the one. Thanks. I didn't think it was the Sun, but must have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

No! Just like it wasn't a fluke they found all the other players!
    There is a photograph online of Gary's funeral back last year that shows a number of players allegedly involved in the regency attack, in planning, logistics and execution!

Don't need to be a detective to know where to look!
    You can see the ex SF counsellor there too and the lady in drag!

http://thestar.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Gary-Hutch-Funeral-15.jpg

I only recognise the man in drag lol shows how little I know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,006 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Do we think the SF lad was one of the Regency gunmen or what is his involvement. His connection is kinda lost on me whatever it is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Strumms wrote: »
    Do we think the SF lad was one of the Regency gunmen or what is his involvement. His connection is kinda lost on me whatever it is..

He was reported by 'unofficial sources' including the former SaorSean Twitter account to have been paid by 'the Monk' to organise the Regency job, but I have no idea if this is accurate. No source that I saw mentioned anything suggesting he was a gunman.

He was reported by one of the newspapers (can't remember which) to have been under surveillance and spotted driving the Monk around the country. Here's an online source that I found that mentions it:
    http://theirishobserver.blogspot.ie/2016/05/johnathan-dowdall-sinn-fein-arrested.html

He was picked up at Dublin airport trying to head to Dubai and charged, but the charges don't sound like anything to do with the Regency job.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/dowdall-arrest-2787277-May2016/

Another arrested in connection with Michael Barr killing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

A DISSIDENT republican was arrested today by Gardai when he was allegedly found with viable bomb parts just yards from one of the country’s busiest garda stations.

The thug was searched by Gardai and the devices were found inside his car.

Gardai alerted the Army Bomb Disposal team who made the items safe before handing them over to forensic experts.

The streets nearby were sealed off, the nearby LUAS line was also closed and a hostel was evacuated during the operation.

Sources have indicated that the find is not believed to be linked to the Hutch/Kinahan feud.

This part of the Luas has been closed off for a few weeks now....shoddy journalism eh?

Bam Bam Mickey, you are a fantastic contributor here and I really enjoy reading your updates except for one thing....can you lay of the "!" after every sentence? It is wrecking my head!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Zopiclone. They are controlled. 5000 of them would easily fit in an a4 sized,padded envelope. The 'family' i think gangstergossip may refer to are from ballyfermot,with many of them based in the Greater Manchester area. I haven't heard of any of them being involved in the current feud, that doesn't mean that they are not though.

there only controlled by the irish medicine board there not listed as controlled drug under the misuse of drugs act so the gardai cant do much about it. And 5000 loose tablets may fit in a a4 size envelope but all the ones in dublin are in blister packs. The empty packs do be lying on the ground around the city centre. The garda tried to move this guy on who was selling zimmos on the street and he told them he would leave the area when he sold all his tablets lol.

www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/asbo-man-told-gardai-hed-move-on-after-he-sold-downers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/kinahan-hitmans-pitbulls-savage-gardai-and-get-put-down

One of cartel gangsters house was raided while he wasn't there and the dogs put down!

There's still 3 dogs there now, the garda had to use a consaw a few weeks ago to get through the steel gate behind the front door, as soon as they left a new one was installed, it's a rented house, the owner committed suicide because the tenants wouldn't leave or pay the rent, think they start demanding money off him to not destroy the house, mad gaff.

stuar wrote: »
    There's still 3 dogs there now, the garda had to use a consaw a few weeks ago to get through the steel gate behind the front door, as soon as they left a new one was installed, it's a rented house, the owner committed suicide because the tenants wouldn't leave or pay the rent, think they start demanding money off him to not destroy the house, mad gaff.

Whose house is it?

Whose house is it?

I suppose it's the banks?

stuar wrote: »
    I suppose it's the banks?

I meant who is the individual in question, who lives there?

I meant who is the individual in question, who lives there?

Read post #1....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,860 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there a ceasefire in place for the Euros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Is there a ceasefire in place for the Euros?

Yes just like in ww1 when the germans and english played a football match on christmas day, then after went back to war.

There is never a ceasefire.
    Only opportunities, which there won't be many while they're away.

For Witchie!
    With Love,
    Bam Bam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/veronica-guerins-widower-gang-crime-8216348

Few things about that article
    Gardai are not well paid starting out but is good money when a Garda gains experience and pension! Why send new recruits to affected areas why not more experienced garda's.
    Total ****e

Gangs 20 years ago to gangs now are not the same they are 20 times worse today more tech savvy more money, high power weapons and totally ruthless to name afew!

And still no supply shortage anywhere in the country even with big seizures from the feud gangs or any other drug importers/suppliers.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/monks-teen-nephew-forced-out-of-euro-event-by-feud

Looks like he's going to miss out because of the probability of an attack.
    The cartels reach may be wider than most people can fathom.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/7201521/Gardai-fear-for-safety-of-boxers-promoted-by-gang-boss-Daniel-Kinahan.html

Hey diddle diddle,
    The cops on the fiddle
    D'Kinahans are over the moon

I know the sun but all hacks working together it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mr H 1974

Is there any proof whatsoever that innocent boxers are being deliberately targeted or under any sort of credible threat

Justify it with some sort of intelligence or don't print it.

Ceasefire over ireland almost knocked out now.

Anyone believe this pat seems to have inherited paul Williams genes

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/kinahan-gang-using-spy-drones-8221860

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

Mr H 1974 wrote: »
    Is there any proof whatsoever that innocent boxers are being deliberately targeted or under any sort of credible threat

He is the only boxer who won the All Irelands and wasnt picked for the European Championships. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭emo72

Journal reporting car stopped on the longmile road with guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

emo72 wrote: »

Kinahan hitmen on the way to do a job

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

HarryStuby wrote: »
    Kinahan hitmen on the way to do a job

Probably on their way to shoot McCarthy and Clark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mr H 1974

Mr H 1974 wrote: »

He is the only boxer who won the All Irelands and wasnt picked for the European Championships. Make of that what you will.

That's not intelligence of a credible threat, just that people don't want the poor fella around.

Probably fuelled by sensationalist articles in national papers.

• Advertisement

I thought the young man was fighting under a different name obviously he is well known in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Probably on their way to shoot McCarthy and Clark.

Fairly high level arrests by the sounds of it

shane. wrote: »
    Fairly high level arrests by the sounds of it

Whoever was in the car without the gun will more than likely walk

Whoever was in the car without the gun will more than likely walk

more than likely unless they can link them together through the phones they were using. Also the gunman should be in a stolen car if he was on the way to do a hit unless he was and its not been reported yet

more than likely unless they can link them together through the phones they were using. Also the gunman should be in a stolen car if he was on the way to do a hit unless he was and its not been reported yet

SIM card swallowed id say, I'd imagine it was a south side hitmen given the location, be interesting to know who the intended target was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

They are usually bought cheap nowadays by gillies. Can't get done on the way to the job then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭ofcork

emo72 wrote: »

Another car was stopped on the naas dual carraigeway according to rte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

SIM card swallowed id say, I'd imagine it was a south side hitmen given the location, be interesting to know who the intended target was.
    Somewhere reported that the two were seen together earlier in the day, so probably were under surveillance. We ll find out names in a day or two anyway when they're charged. Doubt its anybody that high up in fairness.

pablo128 wrote: »
    They are usually bought cheap nowadays by gillies. Can't get done on the way to the job then.

They have to use stolen cars cause they cant afford to leave even the smallest trace

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Somewhere reported that the two were seen together earlier in the day, so probably were under surveillance. We ll find out names in a day or two anyway when they're charged. Doubt its anybody that high up in fairness.

Reporting close associates of the regency victim, that says a lot without saying names in my opinion

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement