Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

shane. wrote: »
    Somewhere reported that the two were seen together earlier in the day, so probably were under surveillance. We ll find out names in a day or two anyway when they're charged. Doubt its anybody that high up in fairness.

Reporting close associates of the regency victim, that says a lot without saying names in my opinion
    Close associates but not related to the victim, so that rules out about 3 big names straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

The papers have been using the term close associates for related people,they can hardly say related

The papers have been using the term close associates for related people,they can hardly say related
    neither of the two are related.

Mr H 1974 wrote: »
    Is there any proof whatsoever that innocent boxers are being deliberately targeted or under any sort of credible threat

Justify it with some sort of intelligence or don't print it.
    There's no proof anyone innocent is being targeted full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

yea thats true ive noticed that to i think its safe to rule out one brother though anyway. i wonder if it could be one of the two that was injured in the regency

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

neither of the two are related.

Do you know who the two are?

yea thats true ive noticed that to i think its safe to rule out one brother though anyway. i wonder if it could be one of the two that was injured in the regency

Could be but I wouldn't have thought any of them would take risks like that, but I suppose revenge and whatever is giving them a kick can see people do strange things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know the time they were stopped? Is it possible they planned a hit during the Ireland game?

Could be but I wouldn't have thought any of them would take risks like that, but I suppose revenge and whatever is giving them a kick can see people do strange things

yea them two guys wouldnt be that high up in the cartel and there going to be needing to use some new guys to do the killings since this new inla crews top men have been remanded in custody or are on the run, and the media are saying there kinahan cartel associates and known associates of david byrne so id go out on a limb and say there names that have been in the media before. it will be interesting to see who it is when there charged well one of them will be charged anyway

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know the time they were stopped? Is it possible they planned a hit during the Ireland game?

yea it was during the ireland game sounds to me someone was going to be blasted in a pub watching the match

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Chance they were transporting the gun? or going to do an armed robbery?

Will be interesting to find out what else was in the car,good work from the Police preventing something anyways.

yea them two guys wouldnt be that high up in the cartel and there going to be needing to use some new guys to do the killings since this new inla crews top men have been remanded in custody or are on the run, and the media are saying there kinahan cartel associates and known associates of david byrne so id go out on a limb and say there names that have been in the media before. it will be interesting to see who it is when there charged well one of them will be charged anyway
    The brother of someone who was shot and injured relating to the fued before. If tomorrow's papers are to be believed, on way to do a hit after a hutch member was spotted in a bar watching the football

The brother of someone who was shot and injured relating to the fued before. If tomorrow's papers are to be believed, on way to do a hit after a hutch member was spotted in a bar watching the football

there wasn't many injured i can think of in this feud on the cartel side so would i be right in saying it was the brother of one the injured men in the regency?

Gamebred wrote: »
    Chance they were transporting the gun? or going to do an armed robbery?

Will be interesting to find out what else was in the car,good work from the Police preventing something anyways.

media are reporting they were on the way to do a hit so i presume they have a source in the gardai giving them information more than likely extra set of clothes and a canister of petrol found in the car to back up these claims. i suspect the gardai had the two guys under surveilance and had prior knowledge it was about to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Both men were injured at the regency hotel.

sundayworld.com/news/two-injured-at-regency-hotel-had-connections-to-known-gangland-figures

Google

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

there wasn't many injured i can think of in this feud on the cartel side so would i be right in saying it was the brother of one the injured men in the regency?

The Irish Sun has an article which IMO gives a strong hint at the lad involved. They are saying he was stopped while driving an armoured Golf!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

So it was "John mcgoven" ?

pablo128 wrote: »
    The Irish Sun has an article which IMO gives a strong hint at the lad involved. They are saying he was stopped while driving an armoured Golf!

the armoured golf isn't ringing any bells for me and by the sounds of the article it was the guy in the golf that was caught with the gun which is very strange that he would be in his own car with the gun. They are also saying they were both 31 year old males from crumlin which fits in with one of the men injured in the regency who coincidently is named further down in the article

the armoured golf isn't ringing any bells for me and by the sounds of the article it was the guy in the golf that was caught with the gun which is very strange that he would be in his own car with the gun. They are also saying they were both 31 year old males from crumlin which fits in with one of the men injured in the regency who coincidently is named further down in the article

That's what I was getting at about the regency lad.

I just thought it odd about having an armoured car. Maybe they were expecting a gun battle of some sort.

That's what I was getting at about the regency lad.

I just thought it odd about having an armoured car. Maybe they were expecting a gun battle of some sort.

sorry pal i thought you knew who drove an armoured golf. Yea it sounds to me like its that person alright same age and from the same area plus a close associate of david byrne and its also funny the way hes the only one of the two people injured at the regency mentioned in the article. The armoured car is a bit odd though it sounds like it would be their own car and cant see them doing a hit in their own car, i doubt theres many armoured golfs out there they could rob for a hit and it would be very expensive if they went down the road of getting some one to buy one for them one under a fake name

• Advertisement

hearing now it was a brother of the injured man in the regency. Apparently a senior member of the hutch crew was drinking in a pub in the south side for the match which seems like a crazy thing for this person to do. He was spotted by junior members of the crumlin crew and word spread through the gang where this man was. The man who was injured's brother and another man who were both under surveillance were meant to do the hit one as a shooter the other as a driver, one went to west dublin to pick up a gun and was stopped shortly afterwards the second man was arrested not long after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

This article would appear to contradict the assertion regularly spouted by the media that the Hutch mob has no involvement in drugs.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/7201857/The-Hutch-gang-drug-peddler-Stash-hidden-in-shoe-before-selling-it.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

This article would appear to contradict the assertion regularly spouted by the media that the Hutch mob has no involvement in drugs.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/7201857/The-Hutch-gang-drug-peddler-Stash-hidden-in-shoe-before-selling-it.html

I thought it was more portrayed that it was just the monk himself not into drugs, not all his family and accociates.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciapen

The man had a GIM on him so he`ll say the gun was for self defence. It doesn`t matter what the Gardai knew or didn`t know,

they`ll have to prove it in court which is a whole new ball game.

ciapen wrote: »
    The man had a GIM on him so he`ll say the gun was for self defence. It doesn`t matter what the Gardai knew or didn`t know,

But.... they were under surveillance. They could have been tapping a phone or had a listening device on them.

Irish Times are saying its the first time in this feud that someone so high up in the cartel has been nabbed for something this serious.

But.... they were under surveillance. They could have been tapping a phone or had a listening device on them.

Irish Times are saying its the first time in this feud that someone so high up in the cartel has been nabbed for something this serious.
    It sounds like it was no fluke arrest to be honest. The suspects were well under surveillance. Careless on their parts. The way some of the media are going on about it in fairness though, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was Christy and Daniel that were caught red handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

It sounds like it was no fluke arrest to be honest. The suspects were well under surveillance. Careless on their parts. The way some of the media are going on about it in fairness though, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was Christy and Daniel that were caught red handed.

Looks like it's the first time they've had to use hitters from their own crew given the INLA's crew is out of action and the finglas hitmen under constant surveillance. The Garda have a very good handle on this by the looks of it

sunday world are saying one of the men is closely associated with sean mcgovern and was linked to a drug production operation a few years ago. hmmm i remember a mcgovern from crumlin been linked to a grow house in wexford a while back but charges were dismissed as his younger cousin took the blame for the drugs.

www.independent.ie/regionals/goreyguardian/news/motorist-cleared-of-involvement-in-killanne-drug-case-27347556.html

Sundayworld are also saying the second man is an associate of david byrne and was convicted of his part in a pub brawl and handling stolen goods not jumping to conclusions or anything but heres an interesting article.

www.sundayworld.com/news/courts/victim-of-pub-brawl-refused-to-make-complaint-court-hears

I thought it was more portrayed that it was just the monk himself not into drugs, not all his family and accociates.

The implications are why would the monk spend his own hard earned (sarcasm) to bail out those up to their necks in a trade he despises publicly for years?
    Martin Cahill was true to his word in that aspect and would target those of his group who were dealing.
    Which is probably part of the reason most wanted him dead.

• Advertisement

The implications are why would the monk spend his own hard earned (sarcasm) to bail out those up to their necks in a trade he despises publicly for years?

If you were wealthy and a wayward family member was at risk of his life, you would probably consider helping out. We don't know who's money was paid over either. It could well have been Gary's.

So its possible the Monk isn't in the drugs game. Just to mention, I have no idea either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Martin Cahill was true to his word in that aspect and would target those of his group who were dealing.
    Which is probably part of the reason most wanted him dead.

Nonsense. Cahill funded a lot of dealers starting off.

One well known rumours is that he help fund Gilligan and get him up and running.

If you were wealthy and a wayward family member was at risk of his life, you would probably consider helping out. We don't know who's money was paid over either. It could well have been Gary's.

So its possible the Monk isn't in the drugs game. Just to mention, I have no idea either way.

It's possible but highly unlikely.
    And no I wouldn't bail out a drug dealing nephew.

Danye wrote: »
    Nonsense. Cahill funded a lot of dealers starting off.

One well known rumours is that he help fund Gilligan and get him up and running.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/cahill-investment-started-drug-empire-which-brought-in-22-tonnes-of-cannabis-1.291145

It was rumoured to be that he was advised by Traynor to fund (loan) Gilligan who wasn't involved in drugs at the time.
    This proves the point I'm making, that none of these criminals can be believed that they are anti drugs!
    Including the very popular Monk.

It's possible but highly unlikely.
    And no I wouldn't bail out a drug dealing nephew.

You would let a relative be shot dead knowing you could have intervened to stop it? OK. Your choice I suppose.

You would let a relative be shot dead knowing you could have intervened to stop it? OK. Your choice I suppose.

I wouldn't get involved no, if they were involved in gangs/drugs/armed robbery, they are on their own.
    I'm not the Monk though, and even though he did get involved, it didn't stop them killing him did it?
    But then I wouldn't source 200k afterwards to organise an amateur style attack with members of the public and children nearby, which resulted in the rest of my family being wiped out.
    Had they not retaliated for the murder in Spain, there would be a lot more of them still active in whatever nefarious activities they have been.
    So no, I'm less egotistical than the mad monk and his relatives thinking he/they can take on a cartel.

Let's not piss about here, we are talking about 2 gangs as bad as each other.
    Not one gang and the honourable gent who wants peace.

I wouldn't get involved no, if they were involved in gangs/drugs/armed robbery, they are on their own.
    I'm not the Monk though, and even though he did get involved, it didn't stop them killing him did it?
    But then I wouldn't source 200k afterwards to organise an amateur style attack with members of the public and children nearby, which resulted in the rest of my family being wiped out.
    Had they not retaliated for the murder in Spain, there would be a lot more of them still active in whatever nefarious activities they have been.
    So no, I'm less egotistical than the mad monk and his relatives thinking he/they can take on a cartel.

Let's not piss about here, we are talking about 2 gangs as bad as each other.
    Not one gang and the honourable gent who wants peace.

How do you know the Monk is the one that got involved / paid the money?

How do you know that he organised the Regency attack?

How do you know the Monk is the one that got involved / paid the money?

How do you know that he organised the Regency attack?

How do we even know he stole any money?
    Just putting that one in for you, as you forgot that question.

Have you been living under a rock for last few months?

If you choose to deny what's in print, then good luck to you.

How do we even know he stole any money?
    Just putting that one in for you, as you forgot that question.

Have you been living under a rock for last few months?

If you choose to deny what's in print, then good luck to you.

I don't know he stole the money.

No I haven't been living under a rock.

Oh so, if it's in print it's true?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

I don't know he stole the money.

No I haven't been living under a rock.

Oh so, if it's in print it's true?
    It says Bovril on the buses but they don't sell it..

Somebody arrested last week has been updating their Facebook tonight. Never saw it mentioned he was released.

Somebody arrested last week has been updating their Facebook tonight. Never saw it mentioned he was released.

noticed that myself it was seven days today since he was picked up so guess they had nothing on him his friends are pretty ****ed though

What a load of rubbish!! This isn't the states, ye can't just carry a gun!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fair play to the Gardai on this one, if the hit had of went ahead in a packed pub during the Ireland game there would have been carnage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Sundayworld are also saying the second man is an associate of david byrne and was convicted of his part in a pub brawl and handling stolen goods not jumping to conclusions or anything but heres an interesting article.

www.sundayworld.com/news/courts/victim-of-pub-brawl-refused-to-make-complaint-court-hears

Why do those links not work for me?

• Advertisement

paul zambra and anthony ocallaghan were caught in similar circumstances to the guys that were caught yesterday. They were in seperate cars and zambra had 2 guns and a canister of petrol in the car he was driving both were under surveillance for a number of day prior to the incident. They ended up getting charged with possession of firearms with intent to endanger life, zambra was sentenced to ten years while ocallaghan got 12 since he had a prior conviction for firearms offences

not sure pal there working for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Link entered without the http:// bit gets somehow concatenated with a boards prefix for someone using touch site e.g.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057557342/142/www.sundayworld.com/news/courts/victim-of-pub-brawl-refused-to-make-complaint-court-hears

Go to the address bar of the error page and backspace everything in front of the expected link

Here is the link

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/courts/victim-of-pub-brawl-refused-to-make-complaint-court-hears

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Michael O Toole

The guards didn't know who the target was yesterday. It only really emerged who it was today. But it's safe to say they knew something was afoot and they were ready for it; so it was no fluke.
    Don't know if they'll get charges against the fella in the car that had no gun in it, but the other fella is goosed. Although, as has been stated before, it will probably be with possession with intent to endanger life.
    The people arrested would not be the well known faces of this gang at all, but cops would know all about one of them, at least, and probably the second.
    I don't think the target was southside. More likely a pub in the north inner city.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The guards didn't know who the target was yesterday. It only really emerged who it was today. But it's safe to say they knew something was afoot and they were ready for it; so it was no fluke.
    Don't know if they'll get charges against the fella in the car that had no gun in it, but the other fella is goosed. Although, as has been stated before, it will probably be with possession with intent to endanger life.
    The people arrested would not be the well known faces of this gang at all, but cops would know all about one of them, at least, and probably the second.
    I don't think the target was southside. More likely a pub in the north inner city.

Any hint on who the intended target was?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement