Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

The guards didn't know who the target was yesterday. It only really emerged who it was today. But it's safe to say they knew something was afoot and they were ready for it; so it was no fluke.
    Don't know if they'll get charges against the fella in the car that had no gun in it, but the other fella is goosed. Although, as has been stated before, it will probably be with possession with intent to endanger life.
    The people arrested would not be the well known faces of this gang at all, but cops would know all about one of them, at least, and probably the second.
    I don't think the target was southside. More likely a pub in the north inner city.

sunday world reckon ross hutch was the intended target do you think theres any truth to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

sunday world reckon ross hutch was the intended target do you think theres any truth to that?

He was also the target of another high profile pub shooting, fool would really wanna stay away from the pub if he wants to live long. Dublin is a small city and with the amount of times hes been in the paper everyone will know who he is the second he walks in the door and there is always a good chance someone will have loose contacts to the other crowd and be wanting a few bob since people are struggling the recession is far from over. They would sell him down the toilet for a few quid to buy their kids that little bit extra for Christmas and that clown doesn't even realize that. If he doesn't cop on I cant see him lasting to new years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

The guards didn't know who the target was yesterday. It only really emerged who it was today. But it's safe to say they knew something was afoot and they were ready for it; so it was no fluke.
    Don't know if they'll get charges against the fella in the car that had no gun in it, but the other fella is goosed. Although, as has been stated before, it will probably be with possession with intent to endanger life.
    The people arrested would not be the well known faces of this gang at all, but cops would know all about one of them, at least, and probably the second.
    I don't think the target was southside. More likely a pub in the north inner city.

I'm thinking thats who he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Who was shot in Crumlin last night? One of the Kinahan crew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

tomofson wrote: »
    He was also the target of another high profile pub shooting, fool would really wanna stay away from the pub if he wants to live long. Dublin is a small city and with the amount of times hes been in the paper everyone will know who he is the second he walks in the door and there is always a good chance someone will have loose contacts to the other crowd and be wanting a few bob since people are struggling the recession is far from over. They would sell him down the toilet for a few quid to buy their kids that little bit extra for Christmas and that clown doesn't even realize that. If he doesn't cop on I cant see him lasting to new years.

Or he could make use of it all and set up an ambush.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Michael O Toole

Coat22 wrote: »

Not connected.

As expected, one released without charge and one due in court in a couple of hours over the arrests on Saturday.

Not connected.

Really? Its just around the corner from Liam Byrnes place and an awful lot of security on the house - the occupant (and I presume victim) isn't baking cup cakes for a living.

Not connected.

Really? Its just around the corner from Liam Byrnes place and an awful lot of security on the house - the occupant (and I presume victim) isn't baking cup cakes for a living.
    Separate feud. Although there was rumours of the fat fella being involved in the shooting dead of his brother years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Looks like the intended target on the foiled hit attempt wasn't a Hutch? It is reported that it was someone who has already survived two attempts on his life, he was boozing with pals on Saturday when, unknown to him, a hit squad was heading over to whack him.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It'll be interesting to hear the name of the guy that's in court today. Will it be an inner circle cartel player or another disposable gillie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Its saying it was keith murtagh who was the intended target ,its on twitter by Padraig o Reilly, Jesus that lad want to move out as that's the third attempt on him now.

Its saying it was keith murtagh who was the intended target ,its on twitter by Padraig o Reilly, Jesus that lad want to move out as that's the third attempt on him now.
    Jesus. He's not learning his lesson. or maybe getting shot before has left him with short term memory loss.?!

humberklog wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to hear the name of the guy that's in court today. Will it be an inner circle cartel player or another disposable gillie?
    The brother I'd imagine

humberklog wrote: »
    The brother I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Michael O Toole

The brother I'd imagine

No relation.

The brother I'd imagine

No relation.
    Ah ok.
    I didn't mean the brother though, was thinking the brother of someone injured. I'd imagine he's the one the papers are reporting as partying with the Irish fans in France?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Danye

Some papers saying the target for Saturday was KM. Others are saying it was RH. Where are they getting their info from? How come a lot of the time, they can't agree on a story?

• Advertisement

Danye wrote: »
    Some papers saying the target for Saturday was KM. Others are saying it was RH. Where are they getting their info from? How come a lot of the time, they can't agree on a story?
    I guess a lot of it is conjecture really. Who knows they could have been on the way to carry out something related to the Crumlin drimnagh feud for all we know.

I guess a lot of it is conjecture really. Who knows they could of been on the way to carry out something related to the Crumlin drimnagh feud for all we know.

Exactly. But a lot of people quote these stories as if they're fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

Important part of male charged today from Sunday world!

On Monday, Richard O'Reilly (31) of Windmill Road, Crumlin, Dublin was brought to appear before Judge Michael Walsh at Dublin District Court charged with unlawful possession of 14 rounds of ammunition, a Glock 26 handgun and a stolen Volkswagen Golf car at Walkinstown Avenue on June 18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

So, was that a stolen Volkswagen Golf car or a stolen Amoured Volkswagen Golf car?

Or was the amoured part just media hype?

Nothing mentioned about "Intent to endanger life?"

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

On Monday, Richard O'Reilly (31) of Windmill Road, Crumlin, Dublin was brought to appear before Judge Michael Walsh at Dublin District Court charged with unlawful possession of 14 rounds of ammunition, a Glock 26 handgun and a stolen Volkswagen Golf car at Walkinstown Avenue on June 18

I thought it was the Long Mile Road? Now Walkinstown Avenue is being quoted?

The only thing Google is bringing up about him is that he was involved in a pub brawl a few years ago. And alls he was convicted of was handling stolen goods as part of that incident... Hardly a criminal mastermind just a gilly id say

• Advertisement

tomofson wrote: »

The only thing Google is bringing up about him is that he was involved in a pub brawl a few years ago. And alls he was convicted of was handling stolen goods as part of that incident... Hardly a criminal mastermind just a gilly id say
    Yeah, that was his only conviction. Maybe the guy who got off is the guy who's supposed to be higher up and maybe related to one of the people injured in the Regency attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

WTF is a gilly?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Was the guy charged the guy they think was going to do the actually shooting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Tilly wrote: »
    WTF is a gilly?????

Noun 1. gillie - a young male attendant on a Scottish Highlander chiefgillie - a young male attendant on a Scottish Highlander chief
    attendant, attender, tender - someone who waits on or tends to or attends to the needs of another

Yeah, that was his only conviction. Maybe the guy who got off is the guy who's supposed to be higher up and maybe related to one of the people injured in the Regency attack.

Yeah I'd say thats what it is. I heard a certain hitman from finglas had hes house shot up last week but all hes windows are bullet proof....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Was the guy charged the guy they think was going to do the actually shooting?

I wouldn't think so. A no mark delivery guy I'd guess.

The much more interesting name will be the other guy arrested and released (file sent to DPP).

So, was that a stolen Volkswagen Golf car or a stolen Amoured Volkswagen Golf car?

Or was the amoured part just media hype?

Nothing mentioned about "Intent to endanger life?"

still early days more charges could follow

yea the other guy is related to one of the injured men in the regency dont think hes higher up really though but he would have grown up around the bigger players and they would be friends

dont know whats true and whats not but it makes for an interesting read all the same

www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/kinahan-gang-thug-rice-linked-to-gangland-banker-shooting

dont know whats true and whats not but it makes for an interesting read all the same

www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/kinahan-gang-thug-rice-linked-to-gangland-banker-shooting
    I like the part about how a few months ago they had an empire in the multimillions. But now after a half a million euro bust, they're at the point of financial ruin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Last week the hutch crew owned the 350k cash that the garda took,now its the kinahans money you gotta laugh at these fraud journalists thieving a living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The shooting comes as the cartel faces financial ruin as a result of pressure being applied by Gardaí since the feud kicked off.

A seizure of €350,000 of cash in vacuum-packed bags seized on the M1 motorway earlier this week is suspected of being mob money collected over the past few weeks and destined for Christy Kinahan Snr’s depleting coffers.

On one hand the media say the cartel is worth in the region of €800m yet here an article says the cartel faces financial ruin because of a €350k seizure.

Does not compute.

I like the part about how a few months ago they had an empire in the multimillions. But now after a half a million euro bust, they're at the point of financial ruin.

yea an empire some media outlets said ran in to the billions and were saying they were supplying the english and scottish markets too but these busts in ireland are crippling them financially lol. I wouldnt say this is putting a dent in the kinahans pockets but it could be causing the crumlin crew a headache with all the cars seized in the cab raids and numerous drug busts since but its not affecting the kinahans anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Muahahaha wrote: »
    On one hand the media say the cartel is worth in the region of €800m yet here an article says the cartel faces financial ruin because of a €350k seizure.

Does not compute.

Next the government be bailing them out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Please put http:// in front of your links so they work for touch site users.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/kinahan-gang-thug-rice-linked-to-gangland-banker-shooting

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

yea an empire some media outlets said ran in to the billions and were saying they were supplying the english and scottish markets too but these busts in ireland are crippling them financially lol. I wouldnt say this is putting a dent in the kinahans pockets but it could be causing the crumlin crew a headache with all the cars seized in the cab raids and numerous drug busts since but its not affecting the kinahans anyway

Christy will still want his money. No chance of him shrugging his shoulders. Whoever is responsible for that money is in deep **** unless they have a spare 350k in cash handy. Expect a few armed robberies soon.

Esel wrote: »
    Please put http:// in front of your links so they work for touch site users.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/kinahan-gang-thug-rice-linked-to-gangland-banker-shooting

it says the http is there when im looking at the link not sure whats going on another user said that the other day too

pablo128 wrote: »
    Christy will still want his money. No chance of him shrugging his shoulders. Whoever is responsible for that money is in deep **** unless they have a spare 350k in cash handy. Expect a few armed robberies soon.

yea hes not going to be down the money anyway who ever owes it is still going to have to pay up. Yea a few armed robberies and maybe some new hitmen to work off their bills

it says the http is there when im looking at the link not sure whats going on another user said that the other day too
    This is what tries to load using the touch site:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057557342/143/www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/kinahan-gang-thug-rice-linked-to-gangland-banker-shooting

Not your ornery onager

thats strange im using a laptop here at the minute maybe if i put a space in the links when im posting them and if you copy and paste and take out the space the links will work then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

For every euro lost ten gets through

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Quote'' A seizure of €350,000 of cash in vacuum-packed bags seized on the M1 motorway earlier this week is suspected of being mob money collected over the past few weeks and destined for Christy Kinahan Snr’s depleting coffers.
    The arse is out of his trousers, poor Christy !

thats strange im using a laptop here at the minute maybe if i put a space in the links when im posting them and if you copy and paste and take out the space the links will work then
    Best just to type http:// in front of it, then it will work for everyone.

If you put a space in it will be broken for everyone. :)

Not your ornery onager

Best just to type http:// in front of it, then it will work for everyone.

If you put a space in it will be broken for everyone. :)

yea ok is this working for you now pal?

• Advertisement

Not your ornery onager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement