Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

Also as mickthehack tweeted.
    Everytime there is shooting the firearm is left at the scene. .that shows how much firepower the KC have at there disposal...

All Eastern Euopean

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

While i'm sure that's true. IMO it's a tactic used primarily so as not to get caught with it during the escape. Is it just the Kinahans who use this tactic though?

Well the IRA are known for keeping the weapons after a hit to be used again

The gardai believe douglas was wrongly blamed for the shooting attempt on tango one at the red cow before the regency happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bought a few bits off Daithi and his wife in the Fairyhouse market a year or so ago, pleasant enough chap to deal with but obviously his fingers were in a few pies. Did a couple of big stretches too inside. Some man to play a tin whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

I wonder who was behind this shooting the Kinahans or the Hutches? I read that he was no longer a target for the Kinahan gang or was that just a tactic to lure him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Why would the hutch side want to kill him?

mada82 wrote: »
    Why would the hutch side want to kill him?

Maybe because he was on the Kinahan side.. duh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Have we discussed the Sons of Mansfield getting lifted yet

Huge story little coverage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

honey12345 wrote: »

Targeting someone the kinahan side wanted dead themselves doesn't dound realistic to me. DUH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

He was shot by a kinahan gun last November. Besides, even if he was back kinahan friendly, he was disposable to them. Why would the hutches bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

They had firearms licences which were revoked, and AFAIK they weren't informed of this before their homes were raided. They were found to have more ammo than they were licenced for.

Are they dodgy? Probably. Is this particular story huge? No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

pablo128 wrote: »
    They had firearms licences which were revoked, and AFAIK they weren't informed of this before their homes were raided. They were found to have more ammo than they were licenced for.

Are they dodgy? Probably. Is this particular story huge? No.

Tip of the iceberg

Tip of the iceberg

Maybe. But until we hear more, this particular story isn't huge or anything like it.

He was shot by a kinahan gun last November. Besides, even if he was back kinahan friendly, he was disposable to them. Why would the hutches bother.

He was friendly with a lot of people on the hutch side but also friendly with the suspected hitman from finglas who is believed to be working for the cartel but he had connections to crime gangs all around dublin. The cartel were blaming him for the failed shooting at the red cow in november along with darren kearns who was killed in january, the gardai believe he was been wrongly blamed for been involved in the attempt at the red cow

• Advertisement

He was friendly with a lot of people on the hutch side but also friendly with the suspected hitman from finglas who is believed to be working for the cartel but he had connections to crime gangs all around dublin. The cartel were blaming him for the failed shooting at the red cow in november along with darren kearns who was killed in january, the gardai believe he was been wrongly blamed for been involved in the attempt at the red cow

I seen he was elsewhere the red cow night alright. My point being why would the hutches kill him. Unless they thought he was involved with something the guy from finglas may have done.

I seen he was elsewhere the red cow night alright. My point being why would the hutches kill him. Unless they thought he was involved with something the guy from finglas may have done.

I dont know of any reason the hutches would want him dead and from my point of view it wouldnt of been them that killed him. What does seem funny to me though is the area he was shot in for a man that survived a cartel hit before walking around in there heartland does not seem the best idea unless what the media are saying is right about him been lead to believe he wasnt in any danger

I dont know of any reason the hutches would want him dead and from my point of view it wouldnt of been them that killed him. What does seem funny to me though is the area he was shot in for a man that survived a cartel hit before walking around in there heartland does not seem the best idea unless what the media are saying is right about him been lead to believe he wasnt in any danger

It's reported he was told recently that the cartel told him he was OK. The 'double cross' is funny though, as he wasn't exactly gone underground and they wanted to smoke him out. A wild gun not parry to the truce? It's a funny one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Re: the Mansfields, is it OK to discuss the father's dealings now that he's dead, and as far as I know here libel doesn't apply to the deceased?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Douglas's murder might simply be a bit spot of housekeeping and tidying up historical loose ends such as Neil Fitzgerald's murder. There was a lot going on before the Hutch/Kinihan feud such as the Kavanagh brothers supposedly skimming, Eamon Dunne losing his marbles etc etc.

In other news I see Nauofal Fassih was handed a months sentence during the week. Apparently he's going to fight extradition back to Holland which might see him in the jurisdiction for a while yet. I hope he gets his 800 quid trainers back on his release.

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    Douglas's murder might simply be a bit spot of housekeeping and tidying up historical loose ends such as Neil Fitzgerald's murder. There was a lot going on before the Hutch/Kinihan feud such as the Kavanagh brothers supposedly skimming, Eamon Dunne losing his marbles etc etc.

In other news I see Nauofal Fassih was handed a months sentence during the week. Apparently he's going to fight extradition back to Holland which might see him in the jurisdiction for a while yet. I hope he gets his 800 quid trainers back on his release.

Lol

Lol

pfft

Re: the Mansfields, is it OK to discuss the father's dealings now that he's dead, and as far as I know here libel doesn't apply to the deceased?

Here's a whole thread dedicated to him. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88729849

Knock yourself out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Will you lot stop naming people for fúck sake . Do you want to get the thread closed again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

You'd get twenty handguns for half that.

Well if your buying in bulk you probably would, I was just going by a rumor I heard that brand new glocks were going for 5k a piece but you get my point they are very cheap compared to being caught with one.

macnug wrote: »
    Well if your buying in bulk you probably would, I was just going by a rumor I heard that brand new glocks were going for 5k a piece but you get my point they are very cheap compared to being caught with one.

You would buy new handguns in Russia or Eastern Europe for a few hundred american dollars each. You can buy used Makarov handguns in the US for as little as $240, and that was just with a 30 second google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Will you lot stop naming people for fúck sake . Do you want to get the thread closed again?

I have read back over the past few posts, and unless there was some posts removed, nobody has been mentioned that's not been in the papers.

Stop hyperventilating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/7207121/Drug-dealer-David-Douglas-murdered-on-2nd-attempt.html

If this is true this is ridiculous... The sun are calling him David Dotty Douglas. Is this because they're clueless and think Daithi is Dotty???
    and then they expect us to believe their nonsense when they make mistakes like this.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/7207121/Drug-dealer-David-Douglas-murdered-on-2nd-attempt.html

If this is true this is ridiculous... The sun are calling him David Dotty Douglas. Is this because they're clueless and think Daithi is Dotty???
    and then they expect us to believe their nonsense when they make mistakes like this.
    They're right to call him Dotty. It was a family knickname (is for a couple of people in the family). "Daithi" was mistakenly picked up by the press.

They're right to call him Dotty. It was a family knickname (is for a couple of people in the family). "Daithi" was mistakenly picked up by the press.

He was actually a Gaeilgeoir so Daithi isn't beyond the realms of possibility either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Ah ok then... All the other (irish) ones picked up Daithi. Terrible journalism then, just not from the Sun this time!

'Davids missus'
    Top class journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the Indo had a piece , very detailed on the Mansfileds today , not sure if its still there - I nearly choked on my corn flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Take2Sean

thebaz wrote: »
    the Indo had a piece , very detailed on the Mansfileds today , not sure if its still there - I nearly choked on my corn flakes.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/latest-feud-victim-was-longtime-member-of-provisional-ira-34852194.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Anyone see the article in the Independent about the Kinahan cartel threatening potential witnesses in a case??? My guess it is got to do with a certain relative of a certain overweight criminal who is highly bigged up by the media and closely associated to leading figures in the feud....

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

tomofson wrote: »
    Anyone see the article in the Independent about the Kinahan cartel threatening potential witnesses in a case??? My guess it is got to do with a certain relative of a certain overweight criminal who is highly bigged up by the media and closely associated to leading figures in the feud....

It is

tomofson wrote: »

It's madness that the frigger is allowed out on bail. The scrote should be behind bars until his court case is done.

Speaking to a relative of the deceased who says this stuff is barely anything to do with the feud and more to do with an argument in a pub. Anyone any further scope on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

It's good to see we can discuss this again!!

So is this latest murder feud related or not?
    A lot seem to think it's nothing to do with the feud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I would find it be to bizarre for it not to have anything to do with the feud, The unfortunate man was being blamed rightly or wrongly on being part of a gang that tried to attack the red cow when a boxing match was going on, and many kinahan members were inside.

As he was well-versed in gangland mentality and he just got shot six months ago, With current paranoid state of the underworld at the moment, wtf was he doing going to his wife's business in a kinahan area.

I wouldn't care if CK himself gave me a letter of safety I wouldn't have been near that place.

I wouldn't care if CK himself gave me a letter of safety I wouldn't have been near that place.

I think Gary Hutch is non-living proof that a guarantee of safety from the Kinahans doesn't mean a whole lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Take2Sean wrote: »

Another IRA drug dealer exposed. Its amazing that we still have people claiming that the IRA are not involved in the drug trade.

I would find it be to bizarre for it not to have anything to do with the feud, The unfortunate man was being blamed rightly or wrongly on being part of a gang that tried to attack the red cow when a boxing match was going on, and many kinahan members were inside.

As he was well-versed in gangland mentality and he just got shot six months ago, With current paranoid state of the underworld at the moment, wtf was he doing going to his wife's business in a kinahan area.

gardai have proof he was in a north inner city pub at the time of the attempted shooting at the red cow unless the kinahans thought he was involved somehow in a logistical manner.The gunman at the red cow was wearing a wig so its only logical the kinahans blamed two bald men for it lol

a close associate of gerry hutch from county monaghan was released last week after been questioned over providing back up to the regency hit team, right at the bottom of the article

www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/kinahan-cartel-warn-possible-trial-witnesses-with-bullet-in-the-head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

Shutters up and lights on in the Sunset House earlier today. Didn't look like it was open for business though.

• Advertisement

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Another IRA drug dealer exposed. Its amazing that we still have people claiming that the IRA are not involved in the drug trade.

Without derailing this thread

DD was kicked out of the Provo's for activities not condoned by the Pira republican movement.

Anybody that looks at the Provo's over the years will find that for the vast majority they were not involved in the drugs trade and anyone that was, was expelled some with server punishment.

The only connection with drugs in that article is probably that Jim cussak is on them himself as he is way out there in space with his ramblings every week, imo he is the worst of a very bad lot of crime journalists in this country.

gardai have proof he was in a north inner city pub at the time of the attempted shooting at the red cow unless the kinahans thought he was involved somehow in a logistical manner.The gunman at the red cow was wearing a wig so its only logical the kinahans blamed two bald men for it lol

Well his name must have come up very quickly after the attempt as it was two days later on a Sunday he was shot, with the attack being on the Friday, and one week later the other lad, supposedly the driver was shot dead to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Omackeral wrote: »
    Speaking to a relative of the deceased who says this stuff is barely anything to do with the feud and more to do with an argument in a pub. Anyone any further scope on that?

Its not the first more personal killing to be put down as feud related for sensational reasons.

Well his name must have come up very quickly after the attempt as it was two days later on a Sunday he was shot, with the attack being on the Friday, and one week later the other lad, supposedly the driver was shot dead to.

i reckon his name must of popped up quick enough but the cartel are known to shoot first and ask questions later if his name was floating around criminal circles as been involved the cartel would want him killed straight away to send a message out that their not to be messed with. kearns was actually killed a month later around new years but still was a quick response its just like the failed hit on greg lynch the response was immediate they dont let things lie at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Without derailing this thread

DD was kicked out of the Provo's for activities not condoned by the Pira republican movement.

Anybody that looks at the Provo's over the years will find that for the vast majority they were not involved in the drugs trade and anyone that was, was expelled some with server punishment.

The only connection with drugs in that article is probably that Jim cussak is on them himself as he is way out there in space with his ramblings every week, imo he is the worst of a very bad lot of crime journalists in this country.

So the IRA is against drugs ? but at the same time have no problem "taxing" drug dealers:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement