Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The Real NLA? :D
    Nah - splinter group from the RNLI.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Esel wrote: »

Between that and the sunday world article referring to the "New INLA" its akin to the rate at which dodgy chinese takeaways change their name.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

I see Nicola Tallent from the Sunday world put up a tweet earlier saying that today's shooting was not feud related.
    And she has since deleted it...

So no one still knows if it was related or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I think it's a case of knowing which feud.

One paper reporting that it's related to an extortion racket gone wrong, which fits in with a few things.
    It could also be the Kinahans paving a clear path for themselves and their 'business', removing any and every obstacle.

If they do go from strength to strength, a few years from now and this place is going to be owned entirely by them. The youngblood probably more vicious than ever.
    Prison isn't a deterrent, a cleaned out bank account may be, but there are easy ways to hide money now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Two of his closest pals have fled the country after being investigated over the murder of Gareth Hutch – the eighth in the bloody Hutch/Kinahan feud.

While the shot man had no involvement in this killing, one line of inquiry is that he was targeted because of his links with the chief suspects.

The man, who is originally from Ballymun, is facing charges before the non-jury Special Criminal Court where he, Duffy and another man are charged with three counts of false imprisonment at The Towers, Garters Lane, Saggart, on June 9, 2015.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

The man, who is originally from Ballymun, is facing charges before the non-jury Special Criminal Court where he, Duffy and another man are charged with three counts of false imprisonment at The Towers, Garters Lane, Saggart, on June 9, 2015.

Well, assuming the information in that article is correct, if you also read the following article you have all the info you need to confirm the identity of the guy who was shot:
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/couple-and-their-son-go-into-hiding-after-they-were-allegedly-falsely-imprisoned-in-their-own-home-by-a-gang-34278265.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

How is it legal for him to claim ''the kinahans murdered him'' is that not libel? no one charged and Im pretty sure thats defamation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Esel wrote: »

Is it not the RINLA ?

Is it not the RINLA ?
    I'm pretty sure he was joking.

It seems the Kinahans are doing the same thing that became the reason that they took Eamonn Dunne out.
    Except they seem to think that they are untouchable.

Have the Gardai ramped up things, like they did Operation Oak? It doesn't seem like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pojfexcsc

Gerry Hutches nephew used to live around the corner so when it happened this morning I assumed it was something to do with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

pojfexcsc wrote: »
    Gerry Hutches nephew used to live around the corner so when it happened this morning I assumed it was something to do with him.

He's locked up

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pojfexcsc

HarryStuby wrote: »
    He's locked up

I know yeah was thinking it might of been someone he knows staying at the old house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Is it looking like the latest might pull through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Gamebred wrote: »
    How is it legal for him to claim ''the kinahans murdered him'' is that not libel? no one charged and Im pretty sure thats defamation?

Honest opinion is a defence to defamation. Anyway he's just named the Kinahan gang, not anyone specific.

Also to be defamed you must have a reputation that is damaged because you're of good standing. I couldn't see the Kinahan's going to court claiming that their family's reputation was damaged because a journo claimed they committed a murder.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Honest opinion is a defence to defamation. Anyway he's just named the Kinahan gang, not anyone specific.

Also to be defamed you must have a reputation that is damaged because you're of good standing. I couldn't see the Kinahan's going to court claiming that their family's reputation was damaged because a journo claimed they committed a murder.

As far as I know the man in question is still alive so they haven't committed a murder, does anyone know if he will make it or not???

tomofson wrote: »
    As far as I know the man in question is still alive so they haven't committed a murder, does anyone know if he will make it or not???

Not him, his friend.

He's critical, is the latest update on the News 5 minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm fairly sure Douglas is dead. Those tweets are from July 1st and 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Do we know anymore about who was allegedly responsible for the shooting ? If its an internal republican feud ? Or is it a hutch reprisal shooting ? Or could it be RIRA retaliation for Michael bars shooting ?

Do we know anymore about who was allegedly responsible for the shooting ? If its an internal republican feud ? Or is it a hutch reprisal shooting ? Or could it be RIRA retaliation for Michael bars shooting ?

I'd say the Hutch clan have finally hit back, just a guess though. If he passes they will have finally scored another goal. Now just sit back and wait for the Kinahan side to hammer five or six more goals into the back of the net.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure Douglas is dead. Those tweets are from July 1st and 2nd.

The man that was shot this morning is in critical condition.

I'd say the Hutch clan have finally hit back, just a guess though. If he passes they will have finally scored another goal. Now just sit back and wait for the Kinahan side to hammer five or six more goals into the back of the net.

But didn't Fat Freddie's lot make a few attempts at taking out Whacker?
    And isn't he with Whacker, part of the extortion crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Allyall wrote: »
    The man that was shot this morning is in critical condition.

He may pull through and live the rest of his life as a cabbage.

But didn't Fat Freddie's lot make a few attempts at taking out Whacker?
    And isn't he with Whacker?

The Kinahan gang were prob behind the shooting.

honey12345 wrote: »
    He may pull through and live the rest of his life as a cabbage.

Well martin foley is far from a cabbage (okay I know thats debatable) and hes been shot how many times?

Well martin foley is far from a cabbage (okay I know thats debatable) and hes been shot how many times?
    He was shot in the head, neck and chest. The chances of him pulling through are very slim.

He was shot in the head, neck and chest. The chances of him pulling through are very slim.

Its still early days, the media often get it wrong how many times people have been shot and were they have been shot this early on... Sure one source is saying he was shot twice another source saying he was shot five times.

If it was the Kinahans they took the weapon with them and not like previous shootings, I think it might have nothing to do with this feud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Is that a yes or no?

Ah leave the chap alone, this is one of his pet hobby horses. Him and Jim Cusack :D

• Advertisement

If it was the Kinahans they took the weapon with them and not like previous shootings, I think it might have nothing to do with this feud.

A Traveller gang also wanted the Extortion crew out of the picture according to the Sunday World.

A Traveller gang also wanted the Extortion crew out of the picture according to the Sunday World.

They wouldn't have the intelligence to pull off a proper hit

Sure they be screaming there heads off on you tube first :pac::D

Ya big bucket of ****e ya....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Whoever the trigger man was, he wasn't very good either if he couldn't eliminate the target at point blank range.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

The Independent are just climbing all over themselves to say it's the feud as usual, Get a few more days stories out of it and sell a few more copies.

The Independent are just climbing all over themselves to say it's the feud as usual, Get a few more days stories out of it and sell a few more copies.

They have been selling stories on exaggerated "feuds" now for how many years?

• Advertisement

Not that we didn't know anyway, but the Independent has decided to name the victim.
    I presume that means they don't think he'll survive?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-shot-twice-in-latest-dublin-gun-attack-is-named-locally-34857942.html

EDIT -
    And it says "Two of his closest pals have fled the country after being investigated over the murder of Gareth Hutch – the eighth in the bloody Hutch/Kinahan feud."

It's almost like there's a plan to overwhelm the guards with so many murders, that they just can't cope. Great to see mini cabs, armed checkpoints, suspect charges, and whatever else they announced and I can't remember after Garreth Hutches murder are having an effect anway.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

My money is that it was an IRA trigger man, simply no way they will let any INLA away with setting up one of their own to be murdered. With 4 sides in this, this is going to get far worse.

HarryStuby wrote: »
    My money is that it was an IRA trigger man, simply no way they will let any INLA away with setting up one of their own to be murdered. With 4 sides in this, this is going to get far worse.

I say it was the Kinahans. trying to get other gangs to turn on the hutch gang.:cool:

• Advertisement

I say it was the Kinahans. trying to get other gangs to turn on the hutch gang.:cool:

Kinahans already have so much control over the other gangs they wouldn't need to go pulling a stunt like that... Money talks in this game

Kinahans already have so much control over the other gangs they wouldn't need to go pulling a stunt like that... Money talks in this game

I do believe the kinahan gang were behind it they are animals they just keep killing - very sad.

I do believe the kinahan gang were behind it they are animals they just keep killing - very sad.

Could be. But I'd say most likely either hutches hitting back or rival republicans. The Kinhans already have so much control with their money they wouldn't need to go pulling a stunt like that.

Are Fat Freddie and Whacker Duffy okay with each other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

Whacker Duffys crew are now back in the news. The papers claim they are involved with the "New INLA" but are they? Interesting to see who done it or why the man today was shot. Would highly doubt it was the Hutch faction

Douglas no doubt was killed by the Cartel. Only they would waste a €60,000 car on that. The fact one of their main men told him he was safe enough to walk the streets, is certainly logical. If he felt he was in danger he wouldnt have been out walking his dogs so much and in the area.

Whacker Duffys crew are now back in the news. The papers claim they are involved with the "New INLA" but are they? Interesting to see who done it or why the man today was shot. Would highly doubt it was the Hutch faction

Douglas no doubt was killed by the Cartel. Only they would waste a €60,000 car on that. The fact one of their main men told him he was safe enough to walk the streets, is certainly logical. If he felt he was in danger he wouldnt have been out walking his dogs so much and in the area.

You dont seriously think they paid that much for a stolen car do you?

Are Fat Freddie and Whacker Duffy okay with each other?
    I was wondering that particular issue a while ago before this happened. They were at one time in a big feud. They are both dangerous psychopaths capable of extreme violence on a whim so who knows what the score is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I looked up the model. 40k ish would buy a new one.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

It was a stolen merc smh.

Thats not what Im getting at, I mean only they would bother using such a high value car in a hit at this point IMO

They are sending a message out. They are the big dogs. The Hutches drive taxis and transit vans, these lads torch 60k cars for a laugh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement