Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Allyall wrote: »

i dont think its the same guy who there saying is gone to ground but i think they are on about him at the start of the article when they say hes a close associate of a man who was quizzed about gareth hutches murder but not charged

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Danye wrote: »
    This is incorrect.

Care to tell us the correct version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Seems a good few crims have moved from Finglas to Ashbourne/Ratoath, and those from other places have gone North of the Airport too.

Syth Cyntie Dublin is still safe. LOL.

mada82 wrote: »
    Care to tell us the correct version?

yea id like to hear your version of events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

How is the latest victim?
    Is he out of the woods in hospital?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

How is the latest victim?
    Is he out of the woods in hospital?

He's off the road in hospital.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

rubadub wrote: »
    Sweet fcuking jesus, I can never understand the mentality of people acting like stupid ignorant cunts presumably under the impression that it makes them look smart. Talk about backfiring, but this one is mindblowing due to the previous comment...

I actually read the papers....online!!, but good to see u getting so upset about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

He's off the road in hospital.

Is he going to survive and make a full recovery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

What does "He's off the road in hospital." mean?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

What does "He's off the road in hospital." mean?
    Sarcasm

dont know if its true or not but it was only a matter of time before this guy made a move he was under heavy surveilence since the regency attack maybe it died down in recent weeks

www.herald.ie/news/feud-criminal-is-suspect-for-horror-gun-attack-34863133.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

shane. wrote: »
    I actually read the papers....online!!, but good to see u getting so upset about it!

Oh yeah because nothing is full of more truths than the papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dont know if its true or not but it was only a matter of time before this guy made a move he was under heavy surveilence since the regency attack maybe it died down in recent weeks

www.herald.ie/news/feud-criminal-is-suspect-for-horror-gun-attack-34863133.html

Bad link for some users...

http://m.herald.ie/news/feud-criminal-is-suspect-for-horror-gun-attack-34863133.html

Not your ornery onager

^^
    I just read the Independent, exact same article.

So, did he do it on his own accord?
    Or are now the Hutches going after anyone that may have been involved in any of the killings against them?
    (I'd imagine that's a pretty big list).
    Which is what has been happening against them up to now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

Does that indicate Whacker Duffy is Kinahan sided .

There is nothing really linking that individual to this shooting. It pretty much indicates they dont know who/why yet, and are "nominating" that figure as a potential suspet based on his previous form.

^^
    I just read the Independent, exact same article.

So, did he do it on his own accord?
    Or are now the Hutches going after anyone that may have been involved in any of the killings against them?
    (I'd imagine that's a pretty big list).
    Which is what has been happening against them up to now.

if this guy done it he would of done it on his own accord hes got a very volatile temper and it was known that he was really angry about who killed gareth hutch because they were from his area and he would of known them all his life. Hes been telling everyone that the on the run hitman is dead when he pops up and i suspect he got tired of waiting for revenge so shot one of his close friends to hurt him. The only thing that doesn't add up for me is that this guy is a proper professional at what he does theres prob no one better at that sort of job in the country and yet the guy wasnt killed, this guy would normally put some in the head to make sure they dont survive

Does that indicate Whacker Duffy is Kinahan sided .

There is nothing really linking that individual to this shooting. It pretty much indicates they dont know who/why yet, and are "nominating" that figure as a potential suspet based on his previous form.

no it just indicates a good friend of whackers was also a good friend of the guys that killed gareth hutch

He might have made a mistake because of his anger, or Christopher Maguire got very lucky.

Some of the shooters alleged previous shootings mentioned here - http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/the-six-unsolved-gun-murders-linked-to-the-kinahan-cartel-1.2538303

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

He might have made a mistake because of his anger, or Christopher Maguire got very lucky.

Some of the shooters alleged previous shootings mentioned here - http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/the-six-unsolved-gun-murders-linked-to-the-kinahan-cartel-1.2538303

Were all those hits attributed to him? I would be surprised if he killed Paddy Doyle, since his good mate Gary Hutch was in same car as Paddy. I think I read somewhere that Fat Freddie was in the car too but I may have misremembered something there...

no it just indicates a good friend of whackers was also a good friend of the guys that killed gareth hutch
    Well if that is this case, that is very possible

But it wouldnt be on the realms of possiblity that they see Whackers INLA history, and the on the run guys INLA connections and claim this individual is an "associate" based on just that

We know he is in Whacker Duffys crew but is it confirmed they are allied/friends with the INLA bomber, Im not so sure! Papers/Cops could be putting 2+2 = 5

Im pretty sure Whacker Duffy or close associates would not be running around as an errand boy for the Fat Mans gang

Were all those hits attributed to him? I would be surprised if he killed Paddy Doyle, since his good mate Gary Hutch was in same car as Paddy. I think I read somewhere that Fat Freddie was in the car too but I may have misremembered something there...
    No definitely not all, they are just all cartel hits

No, Dunne and Paul Kavanagh afaik, Maybe Gerard Kavanagh too.
    Not sure if any of the others were.

No, Dunne and Paul Kavanagh afaik.
    Not sure if any of the others were.

Dunne was done by a certain other hitman who was previously closely linked to marlo hyland... I think that other young trigger happy crim is also responsible for the death of baiba salute in 2006... I also think he has served prison sentences for firearms offences... He has been responsible for a couple of the feud related murders so far. Saying that, that hitman in question may have had some part in Dunne's death but certainly wasn't the shooter.

Well if that is this case, that is very possible

But it wouldnt be on the realms of possiblity that they see Whackers INLA history, and the on the run guys INLA connections and claim this individual is an "associate" based on just that

We know he is in Whacker Duffys crew but is it confirmed they are allied/friends with the INLA bomber, Im not so sure! Papers/Cops could be putting 2+2 = 5

Im pretty sure Whacker Duffy or close associates would not be running around as an errand boy for the Fat Mans gang

from what i was hearing whackers crew are a completely separate inla crew from this new inla and were more aligned with a tallaght based inla crew but i do know for a fact that maguire is very good friends with a ballymun based member of the new inla who was questioned about the gareth hutch murder and is also one of on the on the run hit mans best friends which would put maguire in the same circle.

• Advertisement

tomofson wrote: »
    Dunne was done by a certain other hitman who was previously closely linked to marlo hyland... I think that other young trigger happy crim is also responsible for the death of baiba salute in 2006... I also think he has served prison sentences for firearms offences... He has been responsible for a couple of the feud related murders so far. Saying that, that hitman in question may have had some part in Dunne's death but certainly wasn't the shooter.

from what i hear this guy was the shooter but the man you are talking about was standing at the door pointing a gun at the people in the pub to make sure the other guy got out of the pub cleanly. The guy your on about took the cartel side of the feud he is suspected of been involved in baiba salutes murder and also eddie hutches and the douglas murder the other day. A young criminal who was released from jail not long ago was supposedly the driver in the douglas murder he was also one of the inmates who stabbed delboy hutch in prison

from what i hear this guy was the shooter but the man you are talking about was standing at the door pointing a gun at the people in the pub to make sure the other guy got out of the pub cleanly. The guy your on about took the cartel side of the feud he is suspected of been involved in baiba salutes murder and also eddie hutches and the douglas murder the other day. A young criminal who was released from jail not long ago was supposedly the driver in the douglas murder he was also one of the inmates who stabbed delboy hutch in prison

Strangely enough it was predicted by the papers that young recently released criminal would get involved in the feud the moment he was released... Its also surprising the Don didn't have a contract out the the other young criminal considering how concerned and paranoid the don always was over hes own safety... I thought he would of perceived him to be a threat considering how close he was to Hyland.

tomofson wrote: »
    Strangely enough it was predicted by the papers that young recently released criminal would get involved in the feud the moment he was released... Its also surprising the Don didn't have a contract out the the other young criminal considering how concerned and paranoid the don always was over hes own safety... I thought he would of perceived him to be a threat considering how close he was to Hyland.

yea he was bragging about his connections to the cartel the whole time he was locked up it was only a matter of time before he did something like this for them. It was the dons paranoia that led to his downfall he killed a serious amount of criminals just because he thought they might try something against him. What was meant to have got him killed though was he had an affair with a north inner city criminals girlfriend who was serving a life sentence for murder. The man got life life for been a getaway driver in a crumlin/drimnagh feud murder which he done for the cartel. He was a close friend to gary hutch who was near the top of the cartel at the time and the murder was supposedly done as a favor to him plus the cartel seen how out of control dunne was getting so didnt think it was a bad idea

Sounds like some of the Hutch mob were having a shindig that got out of hand the night before Christopher Maguire was shot:

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/hutch-mobsters-issue-death-threats-to-gardai-in-brawl-outside-pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sounds like some of the Hutch mob were having a shindig that got out of hand the night before Christopher Maguire was shot:

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/hutch-mobsters-issue-death-threats-to-gardai-in-brawl-outside-pub

Interesting.. I'd say the press will name them when they appear in court ?

Presuming whatever pub in question was a 'hang out' for these lads you'd hope to think that they would also be sanctioned by the authorities as well as the Gardai objecting to the renewal of their licence...

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »

Presuming whatever pub in question was a 'hang out' for these lads you'd hope to think that they would also be sanctioned by the authorities as well as the Gardai objecting to the renewal of their licence...

attempted cash van robbery nearly a decade ago

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0510/130804-lucan/

attempted cash van robbery nearly a decade ago

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0510/130804-lucan/

The ages of the perpetrators of the cash van robbery don't add up though if you compare them to the ages of the guys involved in the pub incident, do they? Plus Del Boy is behind bars and Gareth Hutch has relocated permanently to Glasnevin.

The ages of the perpetrators of the cash van robbery don't add up though if you compare them to the ages of the guys involved in the pub incident, do they? Plus Del Boy is behind bars and Gareth Hutch has relocated permanently to Glasnevin.

one of the ages do but it wouldnt be the first time journalists printed the wrong ages

That would make the remaining two 29 and 30 today.

The three that were arrested are apparently 36, 40 and 42. With the two eldest supposedly being the two above.

Someone is way off with ages here.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Does anyone know will Christopher Maguire pull through? I wonder is his condition still critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

Wrong cash in transit robbery

Try 2007 robbery

Sorry I can't post url''s but their the wrong one try sandyford

Ucntcme wrote: »
    Sorry I can't post url''s but their the wrong one try sandyford

haha.. The ages worked out correct, but it went off on a mad tangent if it was the same people.. :confused::D

This it?
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1110/110279-sandyford

• Advertisement

Yes that's the one allyall ðŸ‘

It's not the 3 of them but same group I reckon. Maybe 1 of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭bugler

That article did say two of them, and the ages tie. The third one was facing consecutive sentences and separately was later convicted of a far more serious offence so is still locked up and will be for a long time yet.

haha.. The ages worked out correct, but it went off on a mad tangent if it was the same people.. :confused::D

This it?
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1110/110279-sandyford

wow one of them guys father was killed but was going out with the mother of a man in custody for a gun offense connected to a feud murder

Are you sure it's his mother. It's a fairly common surname around the inner city

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

wow one of them guys father was killed but was going out with the mother of a man in custody for a gun offense connected to a feud murder

That's why she told him to hand himself in

Ucntcme wrote: »
    Are you sure it's his mother. It's a fairly common surname around the inner city

the mother of one of a man charged with a feud murder was going out with a man who was shot dead in something unrelated to the feud and that mans son who has the same name as the father is named in that article

HarryStuby wrote: »
    That's why she told him to hand himself in

thats crazy so basically if that is the right robbery two step brothers you could say are on different sides of the feud and both are in jail in connection with gangland killngs

But how do you know it's that's man's mother gangstergossip could you send a link with the chaps mothers name being mentioned if you can please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭tinpib

Strumms wrote: »

Does anyone know what pub it was?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement