Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Ucntcme wrote: »
    But how do you know it's that's man's mother gangstergossip could you send a link with the chaps mothers name being mentioned if you can please

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/i-dont-understand-why-gardai-were-not-watching-him-when-they-knew-his-life-was-in-danger-partner-of-dad-shot-dead-at-caravan-park-30439529.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Allyall wrote: »
    haha.. The ages worked out correct, but it went off on a mad tangent if it was the same people.. :confused::D

This it?
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1110/110279-sandyford

I assume those men would now be targets for the cartel???

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

How many of the recency shooters are still around? It looks like one has been charged and flat cap is still out. Are the others still around? Ive read one handed himself in on a different charge, and is locked up, is that true?

fergiesfav wrote: »
    How many of the recency shooters are still around? It looks like one has been charged and flat cap is still out. Are the others still around? Ive read one handed himself in on a different charge, and is locked up, is that true?

Since the regency shooting one of the AK-47 gunmen has survived at least two attempts on hes life that I know of one of which an innocent by stander was killed by a stray bullet. Another person involved in the regency was arrested alongside the one man charged after a chase by the garda and I think is out on bail for motoring offences, this would be the person they believe shot Christopher Maguire... Flat cap is regularly spotted around hes native town and is far from hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

Gangstergossip that article says nothing about that man's mother it simply just mentions a woman with the same surname as his so your assuming it's his mother.

• Advertisement

tinpib wrote: »
    Does anyone know what pub it was?

I'd imagine it's a certain pub between the summer hill and ballybough are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

North Strand House.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Gangstergossip that article says nothing about that man's mother it simply just mentions a woman with the same surname as his so your assuming it's his mother.

I'd be willing to bet that it is his mother, too many other coincidences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

It's her!!! Give up the ghost!

Could be his aunt, cousin, distant relation or like you said just coincidence that they have the same surname

• Advertisement

Could be his aunt, cousin, distant relation or like you said just coincidence that they have the same surname
    I'm having trouble understanding what part of "she's his mother" you don't understand. The papers even reported it at the time he handed himself in. If you've heard something, have proof to the contrary, or have inner city friends who have told you otherwise, please do share with us.

I'm having trouble understanding what part of "she's his mother" you don't understand. The papers even reported it at the time he handed himself in. If you've heard something, have proof to the contrary, or have inner city friends who have told you otherwise, please do share with us.
    Besides with the two shooters supposedly on the run, it's not clear what role exactly her son is supposed to have played apart from being friends with the on the run shooter.

She has the same name, Nephew with the same name as the Nephew, A deceased partner with the same name as the deceased partner...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

She has the same name, the same Nephew with the same name as the nephew, A deceased partner with the same name as the deceased partner...

She also has a son called Thomas and is Fb friends with Tossy. But that's not to say they are 100% one and the same.

Besides with the two shooters supposedly on the run, it's not clear what role exactly her son is supposed to have played apart from being friends with the on the run shooter.

I believe that's all it is. He is a close friend to one of the shooters who are on the run. But all I was saying is there is no concrete evidence that the same woman mentioned in the donate shooting is this lads mother. If you can send me a link with his mother's name go ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I believe that's all it is. He is a close friend to one of the shooters who are on the run. But all I was saying is there is no concrete evidence that the same woman mentioned in the donate shooting is this lads mother. If you can send me a link with his mother's name go ahead
    It's in the link above

Anna Fox gave an interview to the Irish Independent on the murder of her partner Michael Smith Snr in Donabate. He was killed in retaliation for his son's involvement in the murder of Paul Kelly.
    Michael Smith jnr is serving a lengthy sentence for that murder.

OK I'll leave it there so I don't go on Facebook sorry. All I was saying was that woman and the lad in question weren't mentioned once in any report as mother and son

humberklog wrote: »
    Anna Fox gave an interview to the Irish Independent on the murder of her partner Michael Smith Snr in Donabate. He was killed in retaliation for his son's involvement in the murder of Paul Kelly.

Who's Michael smith ????

I think you should go back and read that article again and read it right this time

• Advertisement

She has the same name, the same Nephew with the same name as the nephew, A deceased partner with the same name as the deceased partner...

She also has a son called Thomas and is Fb friends with Tossy. But that's not to say they are 100% one and the same.
    Ok I dislike having to use Facebook Stalking to prove it but I can't think of any other way. there is an "always listen to your mum" post there from Anna to her son after one of his posts!

Can we get over this whole if its hes mother thing or not please, thanks.

OK I'll leave it there so I don't go on Facebook sorry. All I was saying was that woman and the lad in question weren't mentioned once in any report as mother and son
    FB is surprisingly handy for linking up the Northside involvement (both sides of dispute). The Southsiders involved appear to steer clear of FB.

Are you a Southsiders Ucntcme?:)

FB is surprisingly handy for linking up the Northside involvement (both sides of dispute). The Southsiders involved appear to steer clear of FB.

What a silly statement that is

tomofson wrote: »

That was my fault sorry I just didn't see any articles connecting the two names

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Taylor, not Smith.

Agreed!:I hope he doesn't have access to a smartphone inside and is reading all this!

Actually I've stumbled upon a couple of southsiders too....

Ah janey I wasn't being serious about you being a Southsider! That was the smiley face of jockularity!

But it does ring through for the use of fb by people involved. At least through my own snooping anyway.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Taylor, not Smith.

Indeed Taylor.

Ah janey I wasn't being serious about you being a Southsider! That was the smiley face of jockularity!

But it does ring through for the use of fb by people involved. At least through my own snooping anyway.

I never understood why any of these people use social media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I never understood why any of these people use social media
    Mainly for perving on girls, just like all the rest of us

Mainly for perving on girls, just like all the rest of us

That must be why the Kinahans dont use social media, They have enough money to buy off the best looking girls so they dont need to perv on facebook lol

no im not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Going slightly off the track of where the discussion is currently going...

Can anyone explain why the Regency AK47 gunman (not the one who has survived a few recent murder attempts), who everyone and their mother knows has committed or been otherwise involved in multiple murders, has apparently never faced a trial for any of them? How is he getting away with it?

• Advertisement

Going slightly off the track of where the discussion is currently going...

Can anyone explain why the Regency AK47 gunman (not the one who has survived a few recent murder attempts), who everyone and their mother knows has committed or been otherwise involved in multiple murders, has apparently never faced a trial for any of them? How is he getting away with it?

Not enough evidence to make a murder charge stick, hearsay doesn't hold up very well in a court of law...

Not enough evidence to make a murder charge stick, hearsay doesn't hold up very well in a court of law...

But how has he not left enough evidence at this stage?... Whether it's DNA, CCTV, whatever...

But how has he not left enough evidence at this stage?... Whether it's DNA, CCTV, whatever...

Thats why he's type are referred to as "professionals"

Interesting point. but if they feel like that had enough proof for the drag lady. Why not flat cap? Who didn't even bother with a disguise! At least Drag Lady put some effort into his costume! I guess we won't know for a few years till the trial what they have on him.

Interesting point. but if they feel like that had enough proof for the drag lady. Why not flat cap? Who didn't even bother with a disguise! At least Drag Lady put some effort into his costume! I guess we won't know for a few years till the trial what they have on him.

Yeah, I don't understand how 'flat cap' is still walking around a free man either. Or an alive man, for that matter!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't understand how 'flat cap' is still walking around a free man either. Or an alive man, for that matter!

Because they have to go through the process of extradition with him, So they are making sure their case is good and tight for when they present it. I don't know how its not solid at this stage though.

They've probably struck a deal with the Kinahans, to let them take him out, save the Garda the hassle, headache and the money it would cost.

Pretty unlikely, but I'm beginning to believe anything.

They've probably struck a deal with the Kinahans, to let them take him out, save the Garda the hassle, headache and the money it would cost.

Its amazing they haven't taking him out yet I hear he's far from hiding.
    They might be genuinely afraid of some sort of backlash if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eroomy

no im not

If you google "Murder accused’s father was arrested + irish examiner" it will bring up an article from Nov 2011 proving the link anyway.

Its amazing they haven't taking him out yet I hear he's far from hiding.
    They might be genuinely afraid of some sort of backlash if they do.

Are we talking about flat cap now, or the AK47 gunman who has (or had?) a business premises around the city centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That is a very profound point. The drag lady must be raging. All the effort she put in, getting the hair right, nails, makeup and the outfit only to get nicked. On the other flat cap made no sort of effort at all with an auld pair of tracksuit bottoms and a cap and has his freedom.

Strumms wrote: »
    That is a very profound point. The drag lady must be raging. All the effort she put in, getting the hair right, nails, makeup and the outfit only to get nicked. On the other flat cap made no sort of effort at all with an auld pair of tracksuit bottoms and a cap and has his freedom.
    He might prove very popular in jail if he has the wig and makeup in there with him... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Another drug haul in Tallaght yesterday.
    A man has been arrested after heroin, cocaine and cannabis with an estimated street value of over €130,000 were found at a house in Dublin.

The drugs were seized earlier today at a property on Kilmartin Drive in Tallaght.

The arrested man, who is in his 30s, is being held at Tallaght garda station under Section 2 of the Criminal Justice (Drug Trafficking) Act, 1996.

Gardaí said the house was searched as part of an operation targeting the sale and supply of controlled drugs in the area.

"These operations use advanced analytical and intelligence methods to disrupt criminals and dismantle their networks," a spokesperson for the force said.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

was reading yesterdays star paper earlier and they had a write up about the penguin saying he tried to broker a peace deal between the two sides but it didnt work and when it didnt work he took the hutch side. They are saying he hired a irish hitman who was arrested two weeks ago near the mgm gym with a gun and was planning to kill a high level member of the cartel and is now in the process of been extradited to the uk in connection with a rape charge

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

was reading yesterdays star paper earlier and they had a write up about the penguin saying he tried to broker a peace deal between the two sides but it didnt work and when it didnt work he took the hutch side. They are saying he hired a irish hitman who was arrested two weeks ago near the mgm gym with a gun and was planning to kill a high level member of the cartel and is now in the process of been extradited to the uk in connection with a rape charge

Can you get the link is it online?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement