Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

A guy on a bike and botches it just doesn't seem to be the cartels style though, does it?

Really?Thats exactly the cartels style as of late.Allowing low level dealers to pay off drug debts by killing one of the hutches.
    That's what happened Martin o rourke ,an innocent lad not involved in the dispute.K cartel paid/allowed a wiping of a drug debt to a complete novice to take a hutch out and he made a complete mess of it and got the wrong target.
    Seems a similar case this time.

The Kinahans are using track suits for nearly all of their hits.
    All sounds very plausible so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

The Kinahans are using track suits for nearly all of their hits.
    All sounds very plausible so far.
    In fairness i'd say he's a top target. whether the story is true or not....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

You'd have to be pretty desperate/stupid to try for a senior Hutch now, surely. The chances of being caught must be huge. Obviously the Kinahan's won't care if it's a disposable hitman. Maybe if and when things calm down there will be more hits. We'll be reading about associated killings for a couple of years on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/7211448/Gerry-Hutch-murder-Woman-accused-of-withholding-information-from-gardai-gets-bail.html

Think this woman is safer on remand unless she is getting Garda protection or relocation for information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

From that link..
    Gerry Hutch murder: Woman accused of withholding information from gardai gets bail

That's quite a big mistake to make...

Allyall wrote: »
    From that link..

That's quite a big mistake to make...

Don't think it's a mistake click bait!

Anything Hutch linked has Gerry mentioned anything Kinahan linked has Christy or Daniel mentioned.

Appetite for anything feud related is huge!

Edit they fixed the headline! Gareth now not Gerry.

But it says "Gerry Hutch Murder"...

When did that happen? Rag.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/woman-charged-in-connection-with-gareth-hutch-murder-granted-bail

Same journalist!Editors choice re the sun??
    Agree the sun seems to be the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Maybe it's coincidence but I find it interesting how sometimes the papers mention things that were first mentioned here a few days before. Paul rice and the van in this case. It's not the first time. A lot of lurkers

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Nemesis......

Jaysis,there must be gangland bankers houses being shot up by rice all over the place,
    the original story has the bankers house in melrose estate in clondalkin

Maybe it's coincidence but I find it interesting how sometimes the papers mention things that were first mentioned here a few days before. Paul rice and the van in this case. It's not the first time. A lot of lurkers

In fairness to the hacks since Gareth's murder most of the info here has been from hacks of different shades anonymously obviously and before it's in there papers or online.

Is there any progress in Martin O Rourke murder?(should be a priority because he was an innocent victim)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Jaysis,there must be gangland bankers houses being shot up by rice all over the place,
    the original story has the bankers house in melrose estate in clondalkin

You wonder how these guys manage to launder huge sums of money, there must be a few accountants and bankers involved. They don't get nicknames. Hitting that end of things had could help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

20Cent wrote: »
    You wonder how these guys manage to launder huge sums of money, there must be a few accountants and bankers involved. They don't get nicknames. Hitting that end of things had could help.

Wouldn't that involve electronic transfers and suchlike? You would wonder why they were sending 350k in cash vacuum packed, obviously to be sent abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

pablo128 wrote: »
    Wouldn't that involve electronic transfers and suchlike? You would wonder why they were sending 350k in cash vacuum packed, obviously to be sent abroad.

There is countries that turn a blind eye to whatever money is crossing their border. It can rest in bank accounts there permanently or be rerouted elsewhere.

You also reinvest a lot of your gains in legit business. Once you own a stack of legit business you can explain away any amount of money.
    All this takes place across international borders. Difficult to police.

Ted111 wrote: »

There is countries that turn a blind eye to whatever money is crossing their border. It can rest in bank accounts there permanently or be rerouted elsewhere.

Hence why the K cartel have bought up assets in remote brazil(worth hundreds of millions),assets in Dubai where there in no European treaties to share information.
    Dubai is now the preferred retirement place for the dapper don as he apparently has bought up streets over there and can live off rent and sales proceeds of houses when he needs a large cash injection.

AFAIK Dubai doesn't have the strict disclosure laws that Europe/USA have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

What is the story about an attempt on the life of patsy hutch, gary's father???

Apparently there was a K hitman on the way to do a job on Patsy but he jetted off to the UK and just missed the Hitman.There was word of another attempt on his life recently with a gunman spotted on a bike scoping out his home until the ERU arrived.By that time the gunman had fled.

rondog wrote: »
    Apparently there was a K hitman on the way to do a job on Patsy but he jetted off to the UK and just missed the Hitman.There was word of another attempt on his life recently with a gunman spotted on a bike scoping out his home until the ERU arrived.By that time the gunman had fled.

The second one's what I was talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

tomofson wrote: »
    The second one's what I was talking about.

I thought he was in hiding! What is he thinking living there!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭SHINKICKER

honey12345 wrote: »
    I thought he was in hiding! What is he thinking living there!

Yeah my Da works down that way and was talking to him at the house today

SHINKICKER wrote: »

So he's obviously not that worried then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

rondog wrote: »
    Hence why the K cartel have bought up assets in remote brazil(worth hundreds of millions),assets in Dubai where there in no European treaties to share information yet.
    Dubai is now the preferred retirement place for the dapper don as he apparently has bought up streets over there and can live off rent and sales proceeds of houses when he needs a large cash injection.

AFAIK Dubai doesn't have the strict disclosure laws that Europe/USA have yet.

FYP

Does anyone think the Eddie Hutch murder could have been meant for patrick snr??? They could of got the wrong house or something, knew a hutch lived there but not which one got them confused... Just a thought that came to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Does anyone think the Eddie Hutch murder could have been meant for patrick snr??? They could of got the wrong house or something, knew a hutch lived there but not which one got them confused... Just a thought that came to mind.

I never heard or thought of that possibility. I heard/read several times that Eddie was either involved in moving either people or weapons after the Regency job (or suspected of being involved), but I can't remember now if any of that came from an actual legitimate news source or if it was just 'word on the street'.

I never heard or thought of that possibility. I heard/read several times that Eddie was either involved in moving either people or weapons after the Regency job (or suspected of being involved), but I can't remember now if any of that came from an actual legitimate news source or if it was just 'word on the street'.

Just seems more likely they would want to kill patsy over eddie.

No,that was intended.They were scoping him out for a while,knew exactly who he was and intended to kill him.

I hope he has another shooter sitting in a house across the street, watching/waiting.

• Advertisement

I assume the woman in question here is vicky dempsey, and I would serious doubt anything will come of this "threat"

I assume the woman in question here is vicky dempsey, and I would serious doubt anything will come of this "threat"

The Sunday Wurdld article would appear to suggest it's not her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Aloneagain

My sisters hairdressers boyfriends second cousin lives beside him and says he hasn't been seen around there for weeks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Aloneagain wrote: »
    My sisters hairdressers boyfriends second cousin lives beside him and says he hasn't been seen around there for weeks !!!

I can see why you're alone again !!!

<snip>

• Advertisement

She was the only female named in the article so thats their way of naming her in a round about way.

"No involvement in crime" and yet she has a rake of convictions. Perspective is a funny thing.

bugler wrote: »
    "No involvement in crime" and yet she has a rake of convictions. Perspective is a funny thing.

I think they meant no involvement in organized criminality, someone can have convictions and not be an organized gangland criminal.

This article mentions that the Kinahan cartel are involved in the cut flower business:
    http://www.smh.com.au/world/gangland-war-on-the-streets-of-dublin-20160218-gmxoun.html

Anyone else know anything about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dunno but the Sydney Morning Herald is one of Australias biggest newspapers, funny that theyre reporting on the feud in Dublin.

As for the Kinahans being in the "cut flower business", is that code for weed?!!

Muahahaha wrote: »
    As for the Kinahans being in the "cut flower business", is that code for weed?!!

I was thinking more along the lines of a close associate of a notorious Kinahan-linked thug who was apparently working in a family flower business. Of course I might be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a rose bush...

• Advertisement

I was thinking more along the lines of a close associate of a notorious Kinahan-linked thug who was apparently working in a family flower business. Of course I might be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a rose bush...

Who is that???

Who is that???

I'd rather not get this thread closed or get myself banned, thank you very much :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

This article mentions that the Kinahan cartel are involved in the cut flower business:
    http://www.smh.com.au/world/gangland-war-on-the-streets-of-dublin-20160218-gmxoun.html

Anyone else know anything about this?

One of the wives of one of the Cunningham brothers worked in a busy florist.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/death-of-criminal-involved-in-guinness-kidnapping-30885021.html

I guess having regular shipments to/from Netherlands can be fairly handy.

And there's Jim Mansfield Jr in the middle of it, up to his armpits.

bugler wrote: »

I think they meant no involvement in organized criminality, someone can have convictions and not be an organized gangland criminal.

I know what they meant. I just find it amusing someone with many convictions, some for violent offences, and who is married to a serious organised criminal and no doubt profited from the proceeds of crime can be described as having "no involvement in crime." Just like me and you.

Hope the target has more cash, and just used that to buy time.

Don't think I'd be handing them over any cash for any agreement or amount of guarantees/promises.

I'd use that money to retire somewhere warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Who is that???

Mod:

Plenty of warnings have been made on thread already, so let me remind you:
    - No Speculation
    - No Gossip
    - No naming addresses of suspects
    - No requesting above info by PM, or otherwise

Seems a bit makey uppy to me, How come nobody even heard of a stabbing in the news until now???

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement