Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

tomofson wrote: »
    Seems a bit makey uppy to me, How come nobody even heard of a stabbing in the news until now???
    It doesn't appear anywhere in the past weeks news, but it is also in the SW

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/dad-accused-of-being-a-rat-by-hutch-mob-viciously-stabbed-in-pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Seems a bit makey uppy to me, How come nobody even heard of a stabbing in the news until now???

Stabbings happen all the time and don't make the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

I know that but I'm fairly sure it would make the news there and then if it was a known gangland figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Plenty of shooting incidents don't make the news either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Allyall wrote: »
    It doesn't appear anywhere in the past weeks news, but it is also in the SW

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/dad-accused-of-being-a-rat-by-hutch-mob-viciously-stabbed-in-pub
    Those 3 papers just reprint each others stories though. (herald too)

I know that but I'm fairly sure it would make the news there and then if it was a known gangland figure.

Stabbings are not as noticeable. Generally no complaint is made either so there isn't much of an investigation.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/ex-councillor-charged-with-intent-to-commit-false-imprisonment

Any more news on this pair? It doesn't look like they were charged with anything to do with the feud in the end.

pablo128 wrote: »
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/ex-councillor-charged-with-intent-to-commit-false-imprisonment

Any more news on this pair? It doesn't look like they were charged with anything to do with the feud in the end.

I don't think those are the same people in question to do with the "stabbing"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/754220294148153344

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/754218251366834176

Thoughts please we need a recap!

Would guns sezied in Meath point me to stabbing victim??

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/754220294148153344

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/754218251366834176

Thoughts please we need a recap!

Would guns sezied in Meath point me to stabbing victim??

Hutches are known as rats and have been for a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Isn't this just rehashing old ground?
    Every single one of them turn informant when it suits them.

Allyall wrote: »
    Isn't this just rehashing old ground?
    Every single one of them turn informant when it suits them.

Not every single one, but a good amount do yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭bugler

I don't think those are the same people in question to do with the "stabbing"

The ages do match though. Even if I thought "that" father was refused bail also, and so shouldn't be out.

How many have been arrested on the Hutch side? It's a small pool..

Hutches are known as rats and have been for a long time

Most criminals are in some way or another.

bugler wrote: »
    The ages do match though. Even if I thought "that" father was refused bail also, and so shouldn't be out.

How many have been arrested on the Hutch side? It's a small pool..

Yeah I agree now that I think of it he could of got bail and it just wasn't in the papers...

Could also be the father of either of two other men caught with a large amount of firearms a few months ago.

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree now that I think of it he could of got bail and it just wasn't in the papers...

Could also be the father of either of two other men caught with a large amount of firearms a few months ago.

The ages match in both cases. I think I have narrowed it down though. Amazing what a hint and a bit of googling can uncover.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Isn't this the guy who was on his way to Dubai .............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

A man stabbed to death in Rutland street ,north inner city this afternoon....

A man stabbed to death in Rutland street ,north inner city this afternoon....

Any connection to feud?

Not seen it in any news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

It says hes injuries are serious are you sure hes dead?

Do you know who it is if its a feud figure?

Pretty sure I have seen rutland street mentioned before... Yes I remember a man who has been charged in connection with a feud murder's address is there...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Take2Sean

It says hes injuries are serious are you sure hes dead?

Do you know who it is if its a feud figure?

Pretty sure I have seen rutland street mentioned before... Yes I remember a man who has been charged in connection with a feud murder's address is there...

I can't be 100% but I think the indo said dead 5 minutes ago and has updated to seriously injured 😂

Take2Sean wrote: »
    I can't be 100% but I think the indo said dead 5 minutes ago and has updated to seriously injured 😂

Yeah it's saying dead now again.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-stabbed-to-death-at-flat-complex-in-dublin-34889362.html

It occured at rutland flats in crumlin not rutland street. Victim an associate of a convicted killer

So are we seeing a move from gun to knife as some sort of new tactic?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

So are we seeing a move from gun to knife as some sort of new tactic?

Doubt it... Its not even confirmed this is feud related and I wouldn't say it is or if it is then its not organized spur of the moment maybe could be crumlin/drimnagh related...

There has been a few serious stabbing incidents in dublin over the last few days all the same...

A man in his 20s had died following a stabbing in Dublin.

The incident happened at Seagull House on Rutland Avenue in Crumlin at around 4pm this afternoon.

The man was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

The office of the State Pathologist has been notified.

Gardaí at Sundrive Road station are appealing for witnesses.

No arrests have been made.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0716/802867-stabbing-dublin/

A man in his 20s had died following a stabbing in Dublin.

The incident happened at Seagull House on Rutland Avenue in Crumlin at around 4pm this afternoon.

The man was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

The office of the State Pathologist has been notified.

Gardaí at Sundrive Road station are appealing for witnesses.

No arrests have been made.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0716/802867-stabbing-dublin/

It said in the independent he was an associate of a convicted killer, I'd say it must be a killer connected to the crumlin/drimnagh feud. Then again could be an associate of the Hutch clan caught in the wrong neck of the woods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

People are commenting on Facebook links saying rip paulie

Tilly wrote: »

So that rules out the person who came to my mind first when I heard man aged 24...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciapen

Think he`s related to this family.

Double killer David Curran made a secret visit to see his mother in hospital this week, the Irish Sunday Mirror can reveal.

The 22-year-old, who is serving a life sentence for the murder of two Polish immigrants, was brought from Dublin’s Arbourhill Prison on Friday afternoon to visit his mum Elizabeth.

The trip to the burns unit at St James’s Hospital was approved by jail bosses.

Curran’s mum, who is in her 40s, was badly injured when thugs poured petrol through the front door of their home on Monday before setting it on fire.

The woman’s 21-year-old son, two teenage boys and teenage daughter had to jump out of an upstairs window at Captain’s Road, Crumlin, South Dublin, to escape.

They were treated for smoke inhalation while Mrs Curran and the older brother suffered leg and burn injuries.

A source last night said Curran, whose dad Michael McGuirk is serving 10 years over a tiger kidnapping, requested permission to visit his mum to “see if she was OK”. They added: “He went crazy when told what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tilly wrote: »

Facebook search 'rip Paulie' will supposedly take you to the individual.

Strumms wrote: »

I doubt it considering it only happened a couple of hours ago... If you know who it is can you give us a hint or two? Like some details about the convicted killer hes associated with

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Correct,

Appears quite young.

I doubt it considering it only happened a couple of hours ago... If you know who it is can you give us a hint or two? Like some details about the convicted killer hes associated with

Double killer David Curran who killed two Polish lads with a screwdriver.

ciapen wrote: »
    Double killer David Curran who killed two Polish lads with a screwdriver.

Yeah I know that now pal thanks...

Any word on that recently released prisoner who attacked del boy with the shiv???

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

Yeah I know that now pal thanks...

Any word on that recently released prisoner who attacked del boy with the shiv???

Wasn't he the getaway driver for the daithi Douglas murder??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,323 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I know this lad in real life. He was a harmless enough young fella, popular in his local area and seemed to know everyone. Very sad thing to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Strazdas wrote: »
    I know this lad in real life. He was a harmless enough young fella, popular in his local area and seemed to know everyone. Very sad thing to happen.

rip, heard he was better than david which wouldn't be too hard i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

Is his father doing time for a tiger kidnapping and robbery where the bank officials children were locked in a van for hours?

• Advertisement

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    Is his father doing time for a tiger kidnapping and robbery where the bank officials children were locked in a van for hours?

That's correct, yes

rip, heard he was better than david which wouldn't be too hard i guess

Like chalk and cheese I'd say. Paulie was outgoing and popular....that other individual being neither of those things

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭SHINKICKER

Aloneagain wrote: »
    My sisters hairdressers boyfriends second cousin lives beside him and says he hasn't been seen around there for weeks !!!

Your funny!!

Nice family.

Think he`s related to this family.

Double killer David Curran made a secret visit to see his mother in hospital this week, the Irish Sunday Mirror can reveal.

The 22-year-old, who is serving a life sentence for the murder of two Polish immigrants, was brought from Dublin’s Arbourhill Prison on Friday afternoon to visit his mum Elizabeth.

The trip to the burns unit at St James’s Hospital was approved by jail bosses.

Curran’s mum, who is in her 40s, was badly injured when thugs poured petrol through the front door of their home on Monday before setting it on fire.

The woman’s 21-year-old son, two teenage boys and teenage daughter had to jump out of an upstairs window at Captain’s Road, Crumlin, South Dublin, to escape.

They were treated for smoke inhalation while Mrs Curran and the older brother suffered leg and burn injuries.

A source last night said Curran, whose dad Michael McGuirk is serving 10 years over a tiger kidnapping, requested permission to visit his mum to “see if she was OK”. They added: “He went crazy when told what happened.

Whats he doing in arbour hill, thought that was reserved for nonces and as far as I know he doesn't have any sex crimes on hes record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭bugler

I don't think it's exclusively sex offenders kept there, it's just the main centre for them. With overcrowding I'm sure prisoners have to be spread here and there.

bugler wrote: »
    I don't think it's exclusively sex offenders kept there, it's just the main centre for them. With overcrowding I'm sure prisoners have to be spread here and there.

As far as I know it is just sex offenders, he could have something on hes record we don't know about maybe that never made papers but the prisoner population would know about it... I'm pretty sure arbour hill is the only exclusively sex offender prison in Ireland.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/fifty-detectives-for-gangland-force-410717.html

This special task force is overdue.
    They will work with Revenue and the social, so shouldn't be too difficult to target individuals with cash on the hip.

Whats he doing in arbour hill, thought that was reserved for nonces and as far as I know he doesn't have any sex crimes on hes record.

Maybe for his own protection, he could be a bit slow or vulnerable. I know Ray Burke was put there to serve his time for taking bribes a few years back.
    If he`s there for sex offences then identifying the crime would identify the victim.

Maybe for his own protection, he could be a bit slow or vulnerable. I know Ray Burke was put there to serve his time for taking bribes a few years back.
    If he`s there for sex offences then identifying the crime would identify the victim.

Yes I thought that too apparently arbor hill is the least violent prison in Ireland.
    I dont know if he would fit the criteria, a lot of people that would be considered more vulnerable than him are throwing into mainstream violent prisons and they dont have violence on their records... I don't know why someone with the sort of violence he is capable of would be considered vulnerable.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement