Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

if it's a gang leader he's no loss to society. But the point is that these people think they're in an episode of Love/Hate. Intern the fcukers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Lets hope nobody innocent gets in way.

Lets hope nobody innocent gets in way.

Yes, that's all that matters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Time to start wearing body armour anytime you leave the house at this stage. There will undoubtedly be some "collateral damage", in this feed.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

How can newspapers be naming deceased so quickly. ie, the shooting took place at 7.45PM and The Indo is naming at 8.22PM, as is The Journal.
    Regardless if they are correct or not, surely they cannot be sure that all family members have been informed in such a timeframe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Living in east wall and there was a series of audible bangs around 7.45, thought it was nothing really as theres rail works etc that it can happen because of, guess that was it.

Same neck of the woods and I thought that was exactly what was happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

How can newspapers be naming deceased so quickly? ie, the shooting took place at 7.45PM and The Indo is naming at 8.22PM, as is The Journal.
    Regardless if they are correct or not, surely they cannot be sure that all family members have been informed in such a timeframe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Is that the geezer who was on Winning Streak ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What difference would an extra station have made in any of this?

There might have been gardai on the beat in these areas who might just have been told what was going to happen in the area by locals they got to know and who trusted them. I'd imagine it would be hard to get information if you're not there in the area at all. Of course cutbacks have an effect on any area.

wyndham wrote: »
    How can newspapers be naming deceased so quickly? ie, the shooting took place at 7.45PM and The Indo is naming at 8.22PM, as is The Journal.

Seems very unfair to family, friends and relations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

There might have been gardai on the beat in these areas who might just have been told what was going to happen in the area by locals they got to know and who trusted them. I'd imagine it would be hard to get information if you're not there in the area at all. Of course cutbacks have an effect on any area.

Closure of stations means more gardai on the street not less. I do agree that the gardai are under resourced and it's getting worse but not because of the stations closing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Of course there was no shootings ever before the stations closed.

When will people realise nothing will stop these groups.

These is checkpoints and armed gards all over the city now and they still found a way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Yep disgusting from the rag papers who decide to run the names,imagine being a family member browsing the web and you come across this disgusting way of finding out,

Sad part of this is tonights murder will only be the start of it,If I was the Monk I'd be somewhere in the mountains of thailand and wouldnt be coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

That reminds me, tomorrow is grey bin day.

189 convictions, live by the sword...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

I'd be expecting to see Garda everywhere on way out of city tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

i mean next thing there will be drive by shootings, it'l be like Boyz in the Hood, and we'll have people dealing crack cocaine, and h*'s spreading their wears on the street, and ther'l be pi*ps running the h*'s, it'l be proper gangsta so it will ted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Do you really think anyone would tell the Guards anything? Mate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Ally Dick wrote: »
    the Monk's brother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

The CIRA claims were definitely not a diversionary tactic by the "gang". They were too busy for that sh1t!!

Hitchens wrote: »
    the Monk's brother?

Yes. It's the bloke who won the money on Winning Streak but sent his nephew on to compete

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/career-criminal-eddie-hutch-leaves-6478730

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That was quick

They burst into the victims home,the violence level is going up and up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Gerry Hutch will be going to ground now. Its not now he will have to watch his back, it's in six months or a years time when all the fuss has died down, that revenge will likely be taken.

Didn't take that long
    Looks like he will be going underground, this could even uglier much sooner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭shugy

the Monk's brother?

Yep!

Do you really think anyone would tell the Guards anything? Mate...

Yes. It's how policing works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

No, the bloke on Winning Streak was the Monk's nephew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

masti123 wrote: »
    I wonder will Enda Kenny now be retracting his ridiculous assertions earlier now that we know it definitely wasn't the CIRA and was the 2 gangs?

God forbid he would sully their good name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

the Monk's brother?

It was and all

Well the brother played for him

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yes. It's the bloke who won the money on Winning Streak but sent his nephew on to compete

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/career-criminal-eddie-hutch-leaves-6478730

Looks like that Winning Streak was their last winning streak.

• Advertisement

No, the bloke on Winning Streak was the Monk's nephew.

Eddie was pulled out of the drum but he sent his nephew on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Enda Kenny is calling in the Sons of Anarchy to sort this mess out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

All out war now they killed his brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

It has to be a concern that there'll be another Shane Geoghan, Anthony Campbell type murder, where some innocent person gets brutally killed. It's not enough to say that its **** killing gob****es.

How can the police use the resources excuse,they have everybody on the streets tonight and still somebody was murdered,difficult job but their not excelling at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Usernemises

I thought fitzgibbon street garda station was closed? This just shows the brazenness of these gangs, all over the media last few days about armed garda checkpoints and they just rock in and kill a lad no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The man named would have been a soft enough target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Yes. It's how policing works.

Fine job they're doing too. Good thing they have the full cooperation of the local community

Armed Gardai on the streets of Dublin and they couldn't stop the attack.

Shows what an easy target Dublin is for an attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Eddie was pulled out of the drum but he sent his nephew on the show

I was under the impression it was the Monk's nephew 'Edward' and he sent on his younger brother Ross. I may be wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

His father - his brother took his place on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

FalconGirl wrote: »
    I'd be expecting to see Garda everywhere on way out of city tonight.

i hope you won't be disappointed..

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Anyone who thinks the monk will go to ground don't know gerry hutch, He maybe a crafty fecker but he's a psycho when he wants to be, He won't take this lying down, This is just the beginning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

These are highly trained criminal who have probably travelled to eastern Europe or South America for guerrila-style training. Beat cops would do very little. Also these criminals would deal with beat cops no problem.

Expanding units like the detectives and the ERU may need to be done in the future. But beat cops would have done absolutely nothing, in terms of prevention.

Meanwhile SF call to abolish the Special Criminal Court to deal with these criminals. Do we really want to go back to the day of juries being intimidated?

I was under the impression it was the Monk's nephew 'Edward' and he sent on his younger brother Ross. I may be wrong.

The monk's brother is the father, also Eddie. Eddie the son was the guy sent his brother on the show.

donvito99 wrote: »
    It has to be a concern that there'll be another Shane Geoghan, Anthony Campbell type murder, where some innocent person gets brutally killed. It's not enough to say that its **** killing gob****es.

Very true, it is fine for people to say they are killing their own, but history shows that innocent people eventually get murdered too.

Fine job they're doing too. Good thing they have the full cooperation of the local community

They have done well enough.
    That Lusk thing was very good and didn't they shoot a lad robbing a Securicor van too in a shootout.
    All the informatiuon for those must come from the public surely. A police force is only as good as the public they serve as some US politician has said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭shugy

RobertKK wrote: »
    Looks like that Winning Streak was their last winning streak.

Your a brave man writing stuff like that about the monks family at these times. IP address an all that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Fleawuss wrote: »
    if it's a gang leader he's no loss to society. But the point is that these people think they're in an episode of Love/Hate. Intern the fcukers.

Half of love/hate was based on these. Dublins gangland didn't start after love/hate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

wyndham wrote: »
    Quite aside from that, it doesn't give the Gardaí any time to react to this murder and to put in place protections for anyone who is likely to be a target for revenge for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

One would imagine that this is linked to the shooting in the hotel last Friday.

And Gerry Adams thinks that there is no gangland in Dublin.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement